What they won't say but deep down are most afraid of

How would you feel about showering with a gay teammate?

• Don't be silly, I would have no problem with it at all.

Votes: 23 69.7%
  • I admit, I would have some scruples about having to do that.

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • No way in hell, I am just not ready for what might happen or be said.

Votes: 1 3.0%
  • I would, but only if there were other teammates with us.

Votes: 5 15.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
I think deep down most players are most afraid of how they are going to provide for their families over the long-haul and keep their mental health while doing so. I'd be much more worried about that than what the guy next to me in the shower is thinking if I was an NFL player.

DemsMyBoys

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm not a guy and I've never been in an NFL locker room but if these grown men, who are getting paid millions of dollars to do the job they've spent their life preparing for, are "afraid" of gay men when they shower........

Lawd. Just close the stadiums and let's all start following competitive knitting.

Last edited:

Azlen

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
ESPN asked 51 players what their opinions were on the subject and here are the results.

• A player's sexual orientation matters to you.
» True: 7
» False: 44

• I had teammates or coaches who used homophobic slurs last season.
» True: 32
» False: 19

• I would shower around a gay teammate.
» True: 39
» False: 12

• An openly gay player would be comfortable in an NFL locker room.
» True: 25
» False: 21
» No answer: 5

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
I think the should have separate showers and locker rooms for the gays. They should also have gay and straight drinking fountains and training rooms. And most importantly the gay players should have to ride in the back of the plane.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
I'm not a guy and I've never been in an NFL locker room but if these grown men, who are getting paid millions of dollars to do the job they've spent their life preparing for, are "afraid" of gay men when they shower........

Lawd. Just close the stadiums and let's all start following competitive knitting.

LOL

His slip knot skills are lacking but his ability to pull together a double knot is going to make him a top ten pick.

PortlandCardFan

Reaction score
Equating this to being in the military at the time if a Marine I was already serving with told me he was gay I wouldn't have a problem but if it was a new boot coming in I could see my prejudice questioning if he could handle the problem. My frame of mind now... As long as the individual can do the job I don't care. I saw plenty of heterosexual grunts that couldn't do the job!!!

Last edited:

bigfan1357

Reaction score
I think we should all do our best to give people the benefit of the doubt first, with that being said, I wouldn't mind showering in front of a gay or straight person until they do something that is not appropriate.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the should have separate showers and locker rooms for the gays. They should also have gay and straight drinking fountains and training rooms. And most importantly the gay players should have to ride in the back of the plane.

See what you did there. Quiche at the training table. ;)

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Good idea, but let's make sure we name it.... separate but equal.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake