What to look forward to

az240zz

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
AS my son and I were driving home, listening to the post game show, I mentioned that after 8 or 9 years this is getting really frustrating. He replied that whats even worst is that there is nothing to look forward to. No young QB who is going to blossom, no RB that's going to get 1300 or 1400 yards, no stand out on the defensive side, just nothing to look foward to in the new stadium.

As someome siad ion this board "It is hard being a Cardinals fan".

az240z

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Looking forward to seasons end :wave:

Actually I am looking forward to the new stadium. I also think there will be massive changes come the offseason. (like every year) :grabs:

Scott MS

Registered
Reaction score
It has been a very long streak of teams finishing the season between 3-13 and 7-9 since 1998. Can the Cards go a decade without a winning season?

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
maybe looking forward to watching Steelers games. They drafted Roethlisberger.

Maybe, I'll take in a Jags game or two, they do have that good QB Leftwich. I hear he's a good leader and plays well even when hurt.

Hmm, Maybe the Ravens, or the Colts... they have some great DEs in Suggs and Freeney.

:mad: Stupid Cardinals.

AZ Shocker

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I've actually recently became a San Diego Chargers fan. Hey why not...the family always goes there for vacation, and I find myself frequenting their beaches a few times a year. lol
biggrin.gif

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
It always seems darkest after a loss but I still see potential in the offense. I think the current formation of the o-line, improved rushing the past two weeks and the TE being introduced to the offense all show improvement. Rackers is the best kicker in football and Fitzgerald is third in the league in receptions.

I haven't endured the long history that other Card's fan's have, and even though I understand the impatience I disagree that there isn't anything to look forward to. Even this year. The defense is cause for concern but if some guy's can get healthy I can see quite a few win's on the horizon.

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
AZ Shocker said:
I've actually recently became a San Diego Chargers fan. Hey why not...the family always goes there for vacation, and I find myself frequenting their beaches a few times a year. lol
biggrin.gif

I was thinking the same thing, but every time I think of a new team to follow.. I get that sinking feeling like I'm cheating on my wife! :D

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
clif said:
I was thinking the same thing, but every time I think of a new team to follow.. I get that sinking feeling like I'm cheating on my wife! :D

I wish I could be a fan of another club but cannot help myself. How can one just change his loyalty to a club. Maybe if you are in your early 20's and smart you could make a change. After following this team from Chicago to AZ for over 60 years I am totally locked in lose or lose.

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
john h said:
I wish I could be a fan of another club but cannot help myself. How can one just change his loyalty to a club. Maybe if you are in your early 20's and smart you could make a change. After following this team from Chicago to AZ for over 60 years I am totally locked in lose or lose.

I wasn't talking about changing teams. I was talking about finding someone else to follow as well. Kinda like having a mistress on the side! ;) ... But alas... I can't do that either.

duckfallas

All Star
Reaction score
It sucks when your team is 2-6 but this team was worse off 2 years ago. Anyone remember that 38-0 drubbing by Seattle at home two years ago? That team quit after the first series.

earthsci

That Rapscallion!!
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
john h said:
:notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy :notworthy

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
john h said:

:notworthy :stupid: :thumbup:

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
az240zz said:
AS my son and I were driving home, listening to the post game show, I mentioned that after 8 or 9 years this is getting really frustrating. He replied that whats even worst is that there is nothing to look forward to. No young QB who is going to blossom, no RB that's going to get 1300 or 1400 yards, no stand out on the defensive side, just nothing to look foward to in the new stadium.

As someome siad ion this board "It is hard being a Cardinals fan".

az240z

You know that is just not true. Not at all.

Things to look forward to: (in no particular order)

1. Antrel Rolle - you don't stay hurt for ever
2. Bertrand Berry
3. Karlos Dansby
4. Anquan Boldin
5. Larry Fitzgerald

It may not be a lot but it is something.

:thumbup:

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
clif said:
I wasn't talking about changing teams. I was talking about finding someone else to follow as well. Kinda like having a mistress on the side! ;) ... But alas... I can't do that either.

If watching the Cards win year after year is like having sex then I am a virgin.

OP
OP
A

az240zz

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
RugbyMuffin said:
You know that is just not true. Not at all.

Things to look forward to: (in no particular order)

1. Antrel Rolle - you don't stay hurt for ever
2. Bertrand Berry
3. Karlos Dansby
4. Anquan Boldin
5. Larry Fitzgerald

It may not be a lot but it is something.

:thumbup:

I could see Berry maybe but the others I don't know. This is the 2nd year that Quan is injuried so I am not very confident that he will be around. As to Fitzgerald, leaving the field before his teammates is upsetting. Remember when Moss did it in Minn. Also did anyone notice him sitting by himself after Johnson got that touchdown pass. Was he seperating himself from the rest of the team, was he upset that he didn't get the TD or the fact that he didn't make the catch before Johnson.

az240z

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
az240zz said:
I could see Berry maybe but the others I don't know. This is the 2nd year that Quan is injuried so I am not very confident that he will be around. As to Fitzgerald, leaving the field before his teammates is upsetting. Remember when Moss did it in Minn. Also did anyone notice him sitting by himself after Johnson got that touchdown pass. Was he seperating himself from the rest of the team, was he upset that he didn't get the TD or the fact that he didn't make the catch before Johnson.

az240z

Dude, it's a deep bruise. He's missing 2 weeks. This current injury is pretty meaningless and has nothing to do with his knee injury from last year.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunchaser