What's the Best Thing About Rackers?

What is the BEST thing about Rackers?

• Dude kicks 50+ Yard Field Goals; hold a NFL Record.

Votes: 33 47.8%
  • This guy tackles like a Free Safety.

Votes: 29 42.0%
  • When he kicks-off, odds of a touchback are good.

Votes: 35 50.7%
  • He is Durable; unilike 'dancin' Grammatica.

Votes: 19 27.5%

• Total voters

Snakester

Draft Man
Reaction score
All of the above. Rackers is on a roll. Right now he is doing everything great. The only Cardinal kicker that I can compare him to is Jim Bakken, and Bakken didn't have as strong a leg as Rackers does. Jim did kick for us for about 17 years if I remember right.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Rackers better go to the Pro-Bowl

If he continues to do as well as he has done so far and doesn't get into any kind of a funk, RACKERS IS THE NFC KICKER IN THE PRO-BOWL. If they don't vote him in, then the NFL's Pro-Bowl is a joke.

brandon

Rookie
Reaction score
Jetstream Green said:
If he continues to do as well as he has done so far and doesn't get into any kind of a funk, RACKERS IS THE NFC KICKER IN THE PRO-BOWL. If they don't vote him in, then the NFL's Pro-Bowl is a joke.

I agree, I fully expect Rackers to be in the Pro Bowl. Maybe even Scott Player will be back this year, too- I know he's been there a few times.

CardinalLaw

Reaction score
I choose them all, the better question should be whats the worst thing. I am not sure of anyanswer to that one either.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
CardinalLaw said:
I choose them all, the better question should be whats the worst thing. I am not sure of anyanswer to that one either.
The only fault I can find with him is when he tries to kick the **** out of the ball and ends up flubbing it down field. Like the overtime kickoff in the SF game..... that sucked.

...but the dude is one hell of a kicker and one hell of an addition to this team :thumbup:

Phlegyas

Just win, baby
Reaction score
The only fault I can find with him is when he tries to kick the **** out of the ball and ends up flubbing it down field.

I wonder if he was trying to get it in the endzone more often, since a few of his kickoffs before that were on the five or ten, so he tried to get it in the endzone all the time by kicking it low. That usually got bad results. It looked like he was still trying to do it early in the Seahawks game. He changed his mind after the half, I think, and just kicked it the way he used to.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
he doesn't jump in the air, celebrating a successful 1st quarter 34-yard field goal. I swear to God - When Grammatica tore his ACL it was THE most embarassing moment I've ever had as a Cardinal Fan - AND I WAS ALONE.

WHO THE HELL CELEBRATES A 1ST QUARTER 34 YARD FIELD GOAL?!

Jasper

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
What I like the most is that he isn't a high profile kicker.
He plays the game like it should be played by kickers.
Make those kicks, make those tackles, deliver when called upon, and the best;

Not whining about your publicity or contract!

chickenhead

Reaction score
cheesebeef said:
he doesn't jump in the air, celebrating a successful 1st quarter 34-yard field goal. I swear to God - When Grammatica tore his ACL it was THE most embarassing moment I've ever had as a Cardinal Fan - AND I WAS ALONE.

WHO THE HELL CELEBRATES A 1ST QUARTER 34 YARD FIELD GOAL?!
I was at that game. The first live Cardinal game I'd attended since I was a kid. The upside - Tillman getting to kick off. :cool:

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
The best thing about rackers is that he is on my fantasy team. He got me 17 points last week. Between him and the ravens D i had over 40 points. They outscored my WR's.

jf-08

chohan
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i vote for the tackling because that is the closest to below.

It's his whole attitude now. He's one cocky SOB. He is now mentally tough and has worked out his leg.

One of my buddies has a step-son who is a Junior in High School. He goes to some of the games with us and watches away games. His favorite player on the team is Rackers.

I don't blame him - I love that he can talk the talk and walk the walk. He's giving Kickers a good name.

BleedRed

Registered
Reaction score
I would have to say the thing I like most about Rackers is his confidence. It's like he knows he's gonna make the kick and he wants the opportunity.