What's the Most Heartbreaking Loss in Cardinals History?

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
This game hurts, but ultimately it's just another embarrasing loss among the hundreds of others. The Bears game was a gash to my humanity.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
1984, Washington game.

Watched it in the pit of my dorm at Mizzou with 2 other hardcore fans.

They were otherwise very mild guys, the tv didn't make it, cost me 100 dollars for my share and i didn't do anything to it but I bucked up and paid.

Oh and 1986 December....

Last game ever played in Bush Stadium RIP St. Louis Cardinals lost to the Giants...

If I remember correctly the Cards beat the Giants that day. I think there were 2,000 people at that game!!!

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
1984 losing the division to Washington when they lost last game of the year by 2 points to the Redskins. Last time Cards had a chance to win a division title. Havent even been close since.

I agree that was bad, but we have been close since.

7-5 the year Lomax went down. If he had stayed healthy - we would have won the division that season, IMO.

Also - The Cards got screwed by the refs against the Cowboys in 1997-98 at SDS. Final score was 35-28. Jake threw for over 450 yards and 3 TD's. There should have been pass interference on the final pass to Rob Moore in the endzone. If we had won that game we would have won the division.

Osbern61

Insomniac
Reaction score
1984, Washington game.

Watched it in the pit of my dorm at Mizzou with 2 other hardcore fans.

They were otherwise very mild guys, the tv didn't make it, cost me 100 dollars for my share and i didn't do anything to it but I bucked up and paid.

Oh and 1986 December....

Last game ever played in Bush Stadium RIP St. Louis Cardinals lost to the Giants...

Must have been 1987, and I think we won the game as well.

Someone previously mentioned their first Cardinal reality moment; mine was a game in 1973 that the Eagles won on a long pass to Harold Carmicheal with no time remaining on the clock. I never got over that until Jake's big pass to Martay Jenkins to beat the Eagles in 2001.

Last edited: