When are fans & local media going to start calling out Rollis (and somewhat JG) for their atrocious schemes defensively?

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
He’s young & clearly in over his head particularly in pass defense. Too many easy throws, blown coverages or missed assignment football. It’s like 7 on 7 flag coverage repeatedly & simply maddening watching them trying to defend anyone’s passing game!!! Imo it’s all on Rollis.

Sure we lack more talent but I still believe we’ve got better coverage CBs in m2m man than zone. I also believe Garrett Williams needs to be starting on the outside, Max (finally) on the other side & Rabbit in the slot. And why is Mack Wilson repeatedly pulled out of LB on obvious passing down when not used on the edge.

Dumb football, poor coaching, poor scheme equals terrible defense & losses. I still believe while the offense has its own issues, defense is its number one issue!!!

OP
OP
Buckybird

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Btw Tua looks as if he’s missed zero time throwing the rock against Rollis’ piss poor schemes. Ugh

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
I don’t think Rallis is a problem.
I think he’s fine with the little talent he’s been given. But I can see where it’s frustrating. The 3rd down defense is putrid.
The defense plays hard and up to and sometimes above their talent levels. That’s about all you can ask.

JD Robertson

Registered
Reaction score
I was just thinking that anyone who can keep us in games with the talent, or lack there of, we have should get a raise. Our front gets no push. I say go get Crosby and get DRob in there and let the fun begin.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Broncosfan