Where are all the Rams fans ?

RMFN

Veteran
Reaction score
I stopped in earlier, but I work 12 hr shifts so I don't post much during those days.

Well we have Gus as our QB which in my opinion should have happen last week. Bulger was in no shape to play. I like Frerotte as a backup but I'm not sure how he will do with this Oline. We are getting a couple more player back Carriker, Brown and starting Mccollum. Brown is the best upgrade because anything even a turtle is better than Walls was.

Linehan is calling the Offensive plays now because Olsen was just plain hideous. No spark just plain basic plays. I'm not too confident that Linehan's will be any better.

Like I said before I don't hold much hope for this Sunday but I also believe in "Any given Sunday" and it would be sweet for Rams Nation if that was to come true for this Sunday.
You must be registered for see images

either way I'll be back.

Rams4evah

Veteran
Reaction score
We are here, just not happy. Here's some readings:

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/sp...815FD7BABCD993788625736B0014B93C?OpenDocument

McCollum will get first start of season Sunday
By Bill Coats
ST. LOUIS POST-DISPATCH
10/05/2007

In 14 NFL seasons, Andy McCollum never has witnessed an offensive line so bruised and battered. “I haven’t seen that many injuries in a three- or four-year span,” he said, “and it’s only been four weeks or so here that we’ve lost that many guys.”

The group includes tackle Orlando Pace (shoulder) and guard Mark Setterstrom (knee), whose seasons are over; tackle Todd Steussie (foot), who is out until at least November; guard/tackle Adam Goldberg (knee), who will be sidelined for a month or so; and guard Richie Incognito (ankle), who finally is back after missing six weeks.

“It’s rare and it’s unfortunate, because a lot of good guys went down,” McCollum added. But it also opened an opportunity for McCollum, whose play has been limited to the field-goal and extra-point units since losing the first-team center job to Brett Romberg in the preseason.

After initially resisting the temptation, coach Scott Linehan has been working McCollum at guard, and it appears he will succeed Claude Terrell as the starter on the left side Sunday when Arizona visits the Edward Jones Dome.

“He certainly deserves it,” Linehan said. “I think it would be a really settling move for us to have a veteran there. We moved Alex (Barron from right tackle), and he’s basically going into his fourth game in the NFL as a left tackle. It helps to play next to a guy that’s played a lot.”

McCollum — at 37, the oldest player on the squad — acknowledged that he expected to be tapped earlier, as the injuries began to mount. But he didn’t lobby the coaches.

“I pretty much kept my mouth shut,” he said. “It’s on film where I’ve been and what I’ve done, so it’s up to them. If they felt like they wanted me to be the backup guy at center or wherever else, that’s what I was going to do.”

Linehan explained that guard is “not a natural position for him, and we had guys that were natural (guards). ... Now our backup center is going to be starting, so we’ll have the ability to swing him if something happens. But I’m thinking positive, that we’re all done with any O-line injuries.”

McCollum started all 16 games at left guard in 2003, so he’s not treading uncharted territory as he readjusts. “It’s just little technique things, taking the right sets and such,” he said. “I think I’m getting it squared away.”

Watching the Rams drop their first four games made his exile even more difficult, McCollum conceded. “It’s still a team, and you definitely want to win,” he said. “Those are your teammates and you’d like to be out there helping them."

Hopefully, I’ll get a chance this week.”

Rams4evah

Veteran
Reaction score
http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/sp...0CF74732072991AF8625736B00125963?OpenDocument

Rams hope for boost from Brown's return
By Jim Thomas
ST. LOUIS POST-DISPATCH
10/05/2007

Fakhir Brown won't have to buy a ticket this week. He'll be much closer to the action, starting at cornerback Sunday for the Rams against the Arizona Cardinals.

Brown's four-game suspension for violating the NFL's substance-abuse policy ended Monday. During his suspension, Brown said he actually bought tickets for the Rams' home games against Carolina and San Francisco.

Two, please.

"For me and my brother," Brown said. "I went down to the ticket office. They were $80-something apiece."
Advertisement

Which is a pretty expensive tab just to attend an NFL game, right?

Brown shrugged and replied, "They've got to make their money."

On Sunday against Arizona, the Rams want Brown to start earning his money again.

"We've got guys going down left and right (with injuries)," cornerback Ron Bartell said. "So to get somebody back like Fakhir, it's a big step for us."

For the most part, Rams coaches and players had done an admirable job of plugging the holes in the secondary. Not only has the team played without Brown for four games, but cornerback Tye Hill has been sidelined for the past three contests with back and rib injuries.

But the patchwork secondary was exposed last Sunday at Texas Stadium, with Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo throwing for 339 yards and three touchdowns. Romo's yardage total was the seventh-highest for a Rams opponent since the move to St. Louis in 1995, and the most since San

Even with two-time Pro Bowler Anquan Boldin iffy with a hip injury, the Cardinals still have the potential to do damage in the passing game with 2005 Pro Bowler Larry Fitzgerald and former first-round draft pick Bryant Johnson at wide receiver.

After four weeks on the sidelines, Brown could be targeted by Arizona's quarterback tandem of Kurt Warner and Matt Leinart.

"Of course, I think they're going to come at me," Brown said. "They're going to have to test me out, see if I'm first of all in shape. And see if my skills are where they were."

Coach Scott Linehan doesn't sound worried about Brown's game readiness.

"He has that veteran part of him that takes away some of that anxiety that you can get with a young corner," Linehan said. "He did get a lot of reps and we played him a whole bunch in preseason. He hasn't been out of football for that long."

Brown stayed in St. Louis during his suspension, working out at home, running at a nearby high school, and getting in workouts at Rams Park.

This week marks Brown's first football practices since Sept. 1. Brown said he was a little rusty Wednesday, the first practice day of the week. But after Thursday's practice, Linehan said he likes what he sees.

"Fakhir looks great," Linehan said. "He has very fresh legs. That's one part that is noticeable — he's in very good shape."

Brown has tried to keep his head — as well as his legs — in the game during his suspension. Watching games has helped, whether it was from his seat near the Rams bench at home games, or in front of his TV during road contests.

"I learned a whole lot and I saw a whole lot of different things," Brown said. "In a way, I got something out of (the suspension), but I really wanted to be out there playing."

One thing that stuck out to Brown was the importance of proper technique in coverage. Watching games re-emphasized to him the need to avoid getting sloppy or lazy with his footwork, use of hands and change of direction.

Even though he's a veteran of seven seasons and 88 contests in the NFL, Brown says a part of him will feel like a rookie against the Big Red. He wants to make it a statement game.

Brown hopes his play speaks volumes. As for any discussion with NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell on the suspension, which was once his hope, Brown says he's moving on.

"I've done served my time," Brown said. "I can't do nothing about it, so I'm not even worried about it. I'm just looking forward now."

Right at the Arizona receiving corps.

Redmark

Registered
Reaction score
Well we have Gus as our QB which in my opinion should have happen last week. Bulger was in no shape to play. I like Frerotte as a backup but I'm not sure how he will do with this Oline.

RMFN - who was that rookie QB (Scott ??) who won a game in his first start (against Seattle, I think) last year or the year before. He was very sharp that day. Is he still with the team?

RMFN

Veteran
Reaction score
RMFN - who was that rookie QB (Scott ??) who won a game in his first start (against Seattle, I think) last year or the year before. He was very sharp that day. Is he still with the team?

I think you mean Ryan Fitzpatrick from Harvard he is now with the Bengals

Fitzpatrick played his first NFL game on Nov 2005 Coming into the game in the second quarter against the Texans to replace an injured Jamie Martin Fitzpatrick lead the Rams from a 24-3 halftime deficit to a 33-27 overtime win, throwing for 310 yards and three touchdowns.

Right now we just have two on the active squad Bulger and Ferotte

We have a guy named Brook Berlin on the practice squad.

Redmark

Registered
Reaction score
I think you mean Ryan Fitzpatrick from Harvard he is now with the Bengals

Fitzpatrick played his first NFL game on Nov 2005 Coming into the game in the second quarter against the Texans to replace an injured Jamie Martin Fitzpatrick lead the Rams from a 24-3 halftime deficit to a 33-27 overtime win, throwing for 310 yards and three touchdowns.

Right now we just have two on the active squad Bulger and Ferotte

We have a guy named Brook Berlin on the practice squad.

Man! Shows we aren't the only ones with QB problems! Jamie Martin started! And Ryan Fitzpatrick replaced him and won the game! Sort of like that Clint guy who came off the bench to replace Staubach and won a game against the Redskins with a miracle pass many moons ago!

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Rams have been totally decimated with injuries. I almost feel for them. Yet, many of those injuries are to older players, already on the downside.

Older players get injured more. That's a fact.

We cannot let them think they can hang with us. We have to bury them by halftime.

Redheart

Stack 'em up!
Reaction score
The Rams have been totally decimated with injuries. I almost feel for them. Yet, many of those injuries are to older players, already on the downside.

Older players get injured more. That's a fact.

We cannot let them think they can hang with us. We have to bury them by halftime.

Older players out, a chance for younger players...I hope we don't see any new surprises.

We have a better offense, defense, and coaching. Special teams...a wash.

We should win this game and we can't loose this game if we have progressed to a play-off worthy team. The margin of victory may be a pretty good measure of our team, a loss will be a clear indicator...SOC.