Where's the heart?

Dan H

ASFN Addict
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Where's the pride? Where's the fight?

If the players don't seem to give a damn, why should I, really? The series is over; I'd like to see some mannin' up by the team. Because honestly, my fandom itself is in danger of being thrown away. I can't root for a team that just doesn't care.

WuRaider

Registered
Reaction score
I'm not giving the players a free pass but I think its hard for them to play focused and motivated when its obvious to them that their coach doesn't have a clue. Did you see ANYTHING different from the end of the 2nd qtr and the beginning of the 3rd? How can a game just resume the same way like a 15 min break never happened?

I'm afraid D'Antonis speech at half time consisted of "Guys, we're in this, you just gotta play harder. They're not going to keep on making those shots. Just fight through it". So the guys go out there without a plan and just pray that the opposition starts missing.

PoolBoy

BIRDGANG
Reaction score
i thought the same thing at tonights game. when raja bell didn't go for loose balls, when shaq was being outrebounded because he just let some balls go by him, when amare was loafing up the court. i thought long and hard about whether this team cares as much as i do. i never thought of the suns as a team that was all talk and then whine afterward, but that is what we have become. the NBA doesn't officiate the playoffs well no question, but the players should know that. "playoff-fouls" dont exist anymore.

WuRaider

Registered
Reaction score
when raja bell didn't go for loose balls,

There was that one long rebound that was close to Raja, who just watched it pass by to two Spurs players. The crowd booed. That was the point where I realized the team gave up long before the whistle sounded tonight. Game 1 killed their spirit.

midgetdonkey

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Their heart is in a batter right now getting ready to be deep fried and admired by Amare.

Andrew

flamboyantly righteous!
Reaction score
Its not heart, its confidence.

They need to come out on Sunday and show up.

It isn't over.

rgangel27

Rookie
Reaction score
Where's the pride? Where's the fight?

If the players don't seem to give a damn, why should I, really? The series is over; I'd like to see some mannin' up by the team. Because honestly, my fandom itself is in danger of being thrown away. I can't root for a team that just doesn't care.

this is so true..so true

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I counted 4 times where our players were in perfect position to take an offensive rebound, but instead began running back on defense. Pa-thetic!

titleist983k

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
They have heart. Heart means nothing when talent and youth is missing. You have 3 oldies that cannot cut it anymore. Oh don't forget to include denture d'antoni.