Which 7 picks for this draft?

Reaction score
With the 7 picks that we have for this draft, what positions would you like the cards to draft? Obviously, this is totally against drafting for best-player-available but I will like to see your guys’ opinion on what are our needs are.
Here is my list of 7 in no particular order:
DE(1)
CB(2)
RB(1)
OT(1)
OLB(1)
WR(1)

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
With the 7 picks that we have for this draft, what positions would you like the cards to draft? Obviously, this is totally against drafting for best-player-available but I will like to see your guys’ opinion on what are our needs are.
DE(1)
CB(2)
RB(1)
OT(1)
OLB(1)
WR(1)

Looks like a really good list to me. Welcome to ASFN btw.

Mitch

Crawled Through 5 FB Fields
Reaction score
As crazy as this might sound...if the Cardinals drafted like this, I'd be delirious:

1. T Chris Williams, Vanderbilt.
2. DE/DT DeMarrio Pressley, NC St.
3. CB Terrell Thomas, USC
4. G Mike McGlynn, Pittsburgh
5. WR Dorien Bryant, Purdue
6. S Jamie Silva, Boston College
7. DL Eric Foster, Rutgers

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As crazy as this might sound...if the Cardinals drafted like this, I'd be delirious:

I still prefer Clady or Otah to Williams, but as long as our CB of choice has been taken, I wouldn't be opposed to Williams.

artp

Registered
Reaction score

Thats a good list. but I don't think the Cardinals can afford to go into the season with the same set of RB's as last year. I'll bet we draft a RB in the first 3 rds.

Savage58

Defense, Defense, DEFENSE
Reaction score
We are a 3-4 team now right? We're going into our 2nd offseason, we should have had enough time after this 2nd draft/Free Agent offseason to get our personnel in order. This doens't mean we can't run a DE, DT, DT, DE out there for nickle or goalline but our base is going to be 3-4 this season IMO.

DE = 3-4 DE from now on, ok. LOL

DT = Nose Tackle 3-4 nose I think it'd help alot of you if it became common place to recognize Big Gabe and Branch as our Nose Tackle, and Dockett and A. Smith as our DE.

That whole making up of positions is getting out of hand. JMO.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We are a 3-4 team now right? We're going into our 2nd offseason, we should have had enough time after this 2nd draft/Free Agent offseason to get our personnel in order. This doens't mean we can't run a DE, DT, DT, DE out there for nickle or goalline but our base is going to be 3-4 this season IMO.

DE = 3-4 DE from now on, ok. LOL

DT = Nose Tackle 3-4 nose I think it'd help alot of you if it became common place to recognize Big Gabe and Branch as our Nose Tackle, and Dockett and A. Smith as our DE.

That whole making up of positions is getting out of hand. JMO.

I understood what boricuazroadie meant too....

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
I still prefer Clady or Otah to Williams, but as long as our CB of choice has been taken, I wouldn't be opposed to Williams.

I do as well. Williams has no mean streak, is more of a pass blocker then a run blocker, more of a finesse type player and is not aggresive or physical at all. He needs to be in a zone blocking scheme. Not the type of OL that I want or think the Cards would want.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
DE(1)
CB(2)
RB(1)
OT(1)
OLB(1)
WR(1)

I would make only one minor adjustment.

Delete OLB and put in a Punter or an OG.

lobo

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

Solid. Pressley makes for a nice 3/4 player...Bryant has a great set of hands but I don't know about his speed.