Which Team Will Completely Fall Apart This Year?

Who will fall far below their predicted expectations?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mr.Dibbs

Cap Casualty
Reaction score
Every year one team completely blows, even though they were expected to compete at some level, even if that expectation is to win 5 or 6 games. Who will it be this year?

I say Atlanta. Too much going on with Vick this off-season.

Last edited:

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Giants. Eli will croak under the extra pressure.

NMCard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I'm rooting for the Broncos to fall apart. Being a Cardinal fan for so long I pretty much expect them to fall apart.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
I say the Colts because they expect to repeat as champions. Didn't they lose like 5 starters off of their defense last season? Great offense, but defensive problems and the big head could do them in. I also think the Titans had fluke season last year and believe the Bears are not as good as they and media make tem out to be. The Ravens are dealing with lots of age on both sides of the ball and will give it one last try before rebuilding. Can the Raiders be any worse than last season?
As for the Cards look for the line to struggle for the first 6-8 games, the team to scrap the 3-4 defense by week 9 and the coaching staff to finally put things together in the second half of the season and finish 8-8. Look for a NFC West championship in 2008!!!

spikecop02

Registered
Reaction score
I think New England will, just becuse for once they went out and just added alot of money to your team, money dosent by ruins , i think Moss might ruin the chemsitry.

But thats just a guess

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dallas

Washed up coach. Romo will take 5 steps backward IMO.

green machine

I rule at posting
Reaction score
I went with Baltimore. As soon as McNair goes down they are stuck with Boeller still. He sucks in a way that Rex Grossman can only dream about.

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score
The Giants.

The lost the leader of the team in Tiki. They want Manning to step up as the leader, but he's not exactly popular with this teammates and he doesn't have a blindside protector with Petitgout gone.

Diamondback Jay

Psalms 23:1
Reaction score
I too am going to go with the Giants.

If Eli Manning didn't second question his decision to refuse to go to San Diego before, he'll surely be questioning how good it would have been to have LT, a passionate but casual fan base, sunshine 363 days out of the year, the beach 5 minutes away, a good Oline and the best young defense in football. Instead, he'll be stuck on a roster with a suspect OLine, a young HB who could wind up being good, but key word there is COULD, a unmotivated and unknown set of WRs, a lame duck coach and a team one step away from a complete overhaul.

Good decision Eli.. San Diego thanks you every day for making it.

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
This was tough. Between who I THINK will fall apart and who I WANT to fall apart.
I voted the Bears. As buckybird said about the Colts, I think the Bears lost too many key players including Thomas Jones and Adalius Thomas. Grossman is way too overrated and will crumble.
Now, who do I WANT to fail, Dallas, Patriots and the '9ers

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Titans. WRs gone, no more Pacman.
I also put the Titans. Travis Henry was the offense last year. The only reason that Young ever had time to get rid of the ball was because defenses had to respect Henry. He is gone now and they have not replaced him at all. LenDale White does not impress me.

Even though he was a douche off the field, Pac Man was a beast and a leader on it. Their defense and special teams will suffer greatly w/ out him.

All in all, I think the pressure will be solely on Young this year. This year, not last year will be the true test of him.

Hollywood

is part black.
Reaction score
Mesa, Arizona, USA, Planet Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
I too am going to go with the Giants.

If Eli Manning didn't second question his decision to refuse to go to San Diego before, he'll surely be questioning how good it would have been to have LT, a passionate but casual fan base, sunshine 363 days out of the year, the beach 5 minutes away, a good Oline and the best young defense in football. Instead, he'll be stuck on a roster with a suspect OLine, a young HB who could wind up being good, but key word there is COULD, a unmotivated and unknown set of WRs, a lame duck coach and a team one step away from a complete overhaul.

Good decision Eli.. San Diego thanks you every day for making it.

This is what you call karma :D

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I say the Colts because they expect to repeat as champions. Didn't they lose like 5 starters off of their defense last season? Great offense, but defensive problems and the big head could do them in. I also think the Titans had fluke season last year and believe the Bears are not as good as they and media make tem out to be. The Ravens are dealing with lots of age on both sides of the ball and will give it one last try before rebuilding. Can the Raiders be any worse than last season?
As for the Cards look for the line to struggle for the first 6-8 games, the team to scrap the 3-4 defense by week 9 and the coaching staff to finally put things together in the second half of the season and finish 8-8. Look for a NFC West championship in 2008!!!

The Colts if anything are better than last year. Stokley was hurt and left them with Dallas Clark, their TE as their essiential third wideout. He took on the role as well as could have been expected, but didn't have the effect that Stokely would have had. They have Anthony Gonzales now who should prove to be the perfect 3rd WR in that system and an upgrade over any third passing option Peyton has ever had.

Yes, they lost their two starting CBs, but drafted two who should prove to be better early in the draft. In case you forgot those corners were one of a few weak links in the chain last year. There was a reason that Indy did not make an attempt to resign them.

Joe Addai is in his second yera, and more acclimated to the offense. Look for him to look like the Edge and go for 1,200-1,300 yds easy.

Saying that they will fall apart is nothing more than wishfull thinking IMO. Similar to saying Berry and Okeafor will be successfull dropping back into coverage in the 3-4 this year.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I just dont understand the votes for the Pats, Colts, Broncos, Bears or 49ers. The thread is who you THINK will bomb, not who you hope will.

Pats--No chance. They are the best-coached team in the league by far. They lost no significant players in the offseason but added many. With Dillon gone, Maroney will have a real breakout year. The Pats will have the best offense in football and one of the top 5 defenses and are easily the preseason favorite to win the Super Bowl.

Adailius Thomas was the #1 FA on the market and his presence alone drastically improves the D. The addition of Merriweather who was talent-wise the second-best S in the draft wont hurt either.

With the additions of Moss, Stallworth, Welker and Washington, the Pats went form having one of the worst WR corps in the game to being in the consensus top 5.

Broncos-- They improved more than anyone exept maybe NE and SF in the offeseason. Cutler is bound to have a better year being more comfortable in the offense. Walker is healthy and a year experienced in the offense and Brandon Marshall is poised to breakout. Brandon Stokely gives Cutler a very reliable 3rd option. The addition of Daniel Graham, the best TE on the market this year, wont hurt either.

The defense needed significant help last year on the line. They generated no pass rush and were also porous at stopping the run. Their great secondary saved them. They drafted 3 linemen this year in the first four round and two should be starting by week one. They also signed Dre' Bly to fill Darrent William's spot, which he will do admirably. That is the best set of corners in football by far.

Last but not least, they added the best RB to wear orange and blue since Clinton Portis. Henry will go for 1,500 this year.

Bears-- I agree they wont be much better than last year, but who else is gonna win that division?

49ers-- As much as we dont like it, they have improved dramitically since the end of last season.They gained the defensive rookie of the year in Patrick Willis and the best corner in FA in Nate Clements Banta-Cain is an experienced tough and disciplined LB who knows Nolan's 3-4 scheme.

Nolan is a great defensive mind and a good coach.

Darrell Jackson doesn't impress me much execpt when he burns the Cards. Vernon Davis will earn himself a spot in the "who's the best TE outside of Antonio Gates" talks this year. Gore is still a monster. The jury is still out on Alex Smith, but who cares? How hard can it be to hand off to Gore 30x's a game, dump to Davis10-15x's and throw a few bombs in Jackson's direction?

I already explained the Colt's situation.

Last edited:

RedViper

Registered
Reaction score
chiefs will be terrible this year..

I vote Chiefs as well. They have lost their great offensive line. Their Defense is suspect. LJ is a cancer and if the team runs into any adversity, he's the type of guy that will throw anyone and everyone under the bus. They are going with a quarterback that's never been a starter going into a season. Chiefs are in trouble.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah, I think the Cheifs will suck too. They have practically no o-line left and LJ is bound to fall apart sooner or later with that workload. Brodie Croyle is apparently being given the reins to the offense which cant be a good thing for the team's immediate future.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Atlanta is going to implode this year, mark it down. The Chiefs are going to suck too, as teams simply sit on the line and stack against LJ.