Whiz about to be interviewed on NFL Network

OP
OP
Phrazbit

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Basically the same stuff. Said nothing specific, said it was a "process", said Kolb took it like a pro.

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Basically the same stuff. Said nothing specific, said it was a "process", said Kolb took it like a pro.

I never know what this means when people say it. What's he supposed to do, burst into tears? Complain? Argue? Does it mean he put on the knee-pads ahead of time?

OP
OP
Phrazbit

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I never know what this means when people say it. What's he supposed to do, burst into tears? Complain? Argue? Does it mean he put on the knee-pads ahead of time?

Who knows. In Whiz speak it might only mean he took it better than Leinart did.

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Whiz looked like hell... like he hasn't slept in a week.

I have to believe he's feeling the heat man. Since Kurt retired our line has deteriorated at the same rate our QB's have. We have such a solid team, it seems to me, in every other facet. Not great in some areas, but solid. And in some areas really good. And Whis has really improved our depth. But man, when it comes to the most important position on the field...it just hurts. It's hard to find a good QB, really hard.

And without a line, it's even doubly hard. People always say a QB makes the line better, and that's true, but the Patriots have real problems on their line, just like we do, and Brady has been destroyed this preseason, just destroyed. His greatness isn't protecting him. He's improving their weaknesses, but you can never go deep with a bad line, and when he's tried even medium passes he's been blown the f*ck up.

DoTheDew

Registered
Reaction score

Contrast it with a Ryan Leaf meltdown or Vince Young's slip into depression. I usually take it to mean he didn't go full diva.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
Admission of a massively stupid evaluation and decision should be humbling. I am glad he looked stressed

dylanbw

Registered
Reaction score
Very well put..

Admission of a massively stupid evaluation and decision should be humbling. I am glad he looked stressed

...the truth hurts, and CKW is hurting....him and Graves baba-booyed the Kolb situation...twice...Skelton DOES give us the best chance to win....let's hope he runs with this opportunity...

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Contrast it with a Ryan Leaf meltdown or Vince Young's slip into depression. I usually take it to mean he didn't go full diva.

Leaf went off in the locker-room and Vince just decided to suck and prove everyone right. Phrazbit had the best analogy IMO about Leinart, who went to the media and started whining about it. I still can't believe Leinart went to the media, I really can't, prompting Whis to say he had an open-door policy. That'll never happen again. That was supremely crazy, given Whis and how he handles his teams--that was off the rail.

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
...the truth hurts, and CKW is hurting....him and Graves baba-booyed the Kolb situation...twice...Skelton DOES give us the best chance to win....let's hope he runs with this opportunity...

We don't know it was Whis or Graves wanted Kolb. They fired the guy (and for the life of me I can't remember his name and am too lazy to look it up) responsible for FA'S. He ****ed up bad and someone signed off on it.

Bodha

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Everyone wants Whiz' head, yet they dont have an immediate replacement.

Thats why headcoaches arent fired everyday, because HC's dont grow on trees.

Of course, because his D played well for 9 games, everyone wants Horton to be the HC. Well if he is, it better be in 2013 because this is his last year in AZ as a DC, guaranteed.

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

Of course, because his D played well for 9 games, everyone wants Horton to be the HC. Well if he is, it better be in 2013 because this is his last year in AZ as a DC, guaranteed.

Please don't say that.

And ya'll are assuming he has no loyalty at all. Upward mobility isn't everything. I personally think he'd wanna be here another year, even two. Everyone acts like he's a ladder-climber, but I didn't see that in Pitt and haven't seen it here. He's not a boot-licker. He may stay longer than people believe.

(Edit: And some dudes don't even wanna be head coaches. You guys assume he does. He could have been a head coach last year and didn't. He may not even want to, he may like his current job.)

Last edited:

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
Marty

Marty Schottenheimer - without reservation. at GM or HC.

More coaches refer to Marty or his tree than any other! is it a good fit? Yea it is! Cower was under Marty as Whiz was under Cower- But doesn't get it- he talks it sometimes but he leads with creative game planning and play calling - not the fundementals that makes the superstar thingy possible!

link
http://www.nfl.com/coachesqanda#video=09000d5d829fd077

whiz can pull out of this- but he has continued to run this full court press offense - fundementally flawed in the mirror with a full court press defense. something has to give- and it is usually US not the opponent.

THT over Edge and Beanie? come on man! Whiz and this staff stained Edges legacy and ******** Beanies. Destroying any marketable player not named Fitz or Kurt- They all flew away as fast as possible- Q was our heart and soul man- he could not tolerate the culture!

He says he needs to run more for years- and doesn't- He got the new contract - and rewarded nobody that took him and US to the Superbowl! With his new personell powers He brought in old Ex Steelers that failed- When did you see Cower- Marty- Tomlin do that?

It was not aggressively going after Kevin Kolb - highly regarded as the best available QB - It was keeping DA, Hall over Matt Leinart without giving him a chance on the field like he did with DA- Hall and Skelton.
Leinart played well in our last playoff game against the Saints after Kurt got knocked out- in 2 minute offense in Warner skillset style offense-

Putting this team and this fan base in QB hell was coach Whiz's decision! Leinart should have started with veteran QB DA backing up as Skelton Developed to compete for this day! If Leinart failed - don't resign him? We already paid him 20 million + and owed 2.5 million for the rest of 2010. But just like benching Edge in 08- who by the way could block better than THT - but merely said he was not an offensive lineman in the back field.

Whiz's staff decisions are bad - Chris miller? Mike Miller? Davis at DC?
he just keeps kissing frogs players and staff- and is signed off by his boss Rod Graves?
This is his year- with his players- I have hope - Hell we aint the only team looking for a better QB,

I want a fundementally sound coaching staff and front office-that can coach up players - not blame them. that can correct mistakes and see it on the field- that want to come to Arizona for something more than money- not run away for less.

http://www.nfl.com/coachesqanda#video=09000d5d829fd077

Last edited:

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Why you always gotta come behind me and f*ck up a post of mine?

Marty was a great coach, got fired when he was like 14-2 or some sh*t, totally ridic. And they haven't won sh*t since him. I love Marty.

I don't have a clue what else you said, something about Edge VS THT and Beanie. I don't care man. Edge is retired, THT was cut, and we have Beanie, so I don't even care. I'm just pissed you jumped behind my post with even more BS than I posted. I thought I posted the most BS, but you always prove that the amount of BS contained in one post is owned by you. So pissed off. I can't even compare to the amount of BS you can cram in a post. I try, but it's all for naught.

Last edited:

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
sorry

did not enter my mind? Was not my intention. repeated history- repeated mistakes- seems to disclose the future- against ones will.

quote=Darkside;2680080]Why you always gotta come behind me and f*ck up a post of mine?

Marty was a great coach, got fired when he was like 14-2 or some sh*t, totally ridic. And they haven't won sh*t since him. I love Marty.

I don't have a clue what else you said, something about Edge VS THT and Beanie. I don't care man. Edge is retired, THT was cut, and we have Beanie, so I don't even care. I'm just pissed you jumped behind my post with even more BS than I posted. I thought I posted the most BS, but you always prove that the amount of BS contained in one post is owned by you. So pissed off. I can't even compare to the amount of BS you can cram in a post. I try, but it's all for naught.[/quote]

Bodha

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Please don't say that.

And ya'll are assuming he has no loyalty at all. Upward mobility isn't everything. I personally think he'd wanna be here another year, even two. Everyone acts like he's a ladder-climber, but I didn't see that in Pitt and haven't seen it here. He's not a boot-licker. He may stay longer than people believe.

(Edit: And some dudes don't even wanna be head coaches. You guys assume he does. He could have been a head coach last year and didn't. He may not even want to, he may like his current job.)

Whats loyalty have to do with anything? Hes not leaving to be a DC somewhere else.

Its to be a Head Coach.

The big time. The pinnacle for non-players in the NFL. Why in blue hell would he stay here to be a DC when hes got guys knocking his door down to be a HC? Hes only been in AZ for a year. What Loyalty could he have possibly built in that time?

Its both selfish and foolish to expect/ think hed stay to be our DC when hes got a HC job in his hand. If Josh McDaniels can get a HC job, then you better bet Ray Horton can - especially since hes got the Steelers coaching pedigree.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Any talk of getting rid of Whisenhunt right now is crazy talk. Whis is not good with QBs and his line suffers because of Grimm but he does the rest well in my opinion. Finding a good coach that works within the framework of the ownership and win is hard to do, just as hard as finding a QB in my opinion. It is especially hard to find a coach that can function in the Bidwill realm and this team is light years ahead it seems to what it used to be due to the fact we have at least some consistency at the coaching position. I also think that Horton should stick at doing what he does best at the moment because being a head coach is a totally different animal compared to being just the DC and would take away from what Horton excels out, hands on making a good defense.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I don't have a clue what else you said, something about Edge VS THT and Beanie. I don't care man. Edge is retired, THT was cut, and we have Beanie, so I don't even care. I'm just pissed you jumped behind my post with even more BS than I posted. I thought I posted the most BS, but you always prove that the amount of BS contained in one post is owned by you. So pissed off. I can't even compare to the amount of BS you can cram in a post. I try, but it's all for naught.

It's Great to have goals.

It's better to have worth while goals.

Just sayin.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score

Watch the language. 4 letter words even with asterisks are not allowed here. Don't want you to get banned before the season starts you add too much to the board.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05