Who are your busts?

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mike Williams is going to be the best player out of the last 5 drafts, and the next 5.

Tommie Harris will be on a milk carton by 2006.

vikesfan

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Okay I am not saying these guys will be busts just that
these are guys I would not draft:
Clayton WR. M Hill DE.
DT D Washington scares me too.
Forget Dockett. I pass on Carroll and Gamble and probably Winslow too. I will pass on Clarett.
Just off the top of my head. There are several others that scare me like T Harris for eg.

CardinalChris

Big Man Himself
Reaction score
Tommie Harris and S. Jackson spook me. I also have to agree (now that it's been brought up) that Dockett is a typical tweener with some serious concerns.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
#1 Bust....................... Dennis Green
#2 Bust ...................... Andre Wadsworth
#3 Bust ...................... Mo Clarett

:eek:

vikesfan

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Originally posted by wallyburger
#1 Bust....................... Dennis Green
#2 Bust ...................... Andre Wadsworth
#3 Bust ...................... Mo Clarett

:eek:
Here we go again.
Wally why is it that you hate a proven winning coach being here what is about the proven winner the Cards hired that makes so anti-DG. Hmmm let me think other then winning more then them what is it that DG is that would make you attack him... what is the difference between DG and most other NFL coaches?

Savage58

Defense, Defense, DEFENSE
Reaction score
Originally posted by Stout
Sean Andrews and Tommie Harris are my biggies.

Those 2 spring to mind also, I'm vary wary of us picking Harris, I think that would be the worst pick we could make this year.

Andrews battle with a weight problem, is another huge "don't pick me sign" I hope he gets disciplined, and doesn't balloon up to 400 anymore.

Olshansky and Matt Ware are others I am hoping we avoid as well, for their bust factor IMO.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Savage58

Olshansky and Matt Ware are others I am hoping we avoid as well, for their bust factor IMO.

Ware is intriguing, he's probably a tweener but he did quite well at CB at UCLA when they moved him, and he's big for a CB. the problem is probably too slow, and maybe not big enough for Safety thus my tweener comment. He is a very good college player just not sure he'll be a good pro.

Southpaw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by vikesfan
Here we go again.
Wally why is it that you hate a proven winning coach being here what is about the proven winner the Cards hired that makes so anti-DG. Hmmm let me think other then winning more then them what is it that DG is that would make you attack him... what is the difference between DG and most other NFL coaches?

Because I have a sense of humor, unlike you. My life's balance isn't determined by Dennis Green, the Cardinals and you. I do not worship athlete's and coaches, like you. To me it is all entertainment. Dennis Green will make his $30 million and it won't make a difference what I say or think. If you would get your upper extremities out of Dennis Green's lower extremities, opinions and comments by people like me wouldn't destroy your day or life. It's football pally. Deal with it.

If players can be busts, so can coaches. Try the Cardinals lineage on for size. Did the Cardinals search for The Holy Grail end with a motivational speaker with a checkered past? I don't know and neither do you. Maybe if you lightened up , you could back off on the medication. :wave:

vikesfan

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Because I have a sense of humor, unlike you. My life's balance isn't determined by Dennis Green, the Cardinals and you. I do not worship athlete's and coaches, like you. To me it is all entertainment. Dennis Green will make his $30 million and it won't make a difference what I say or think. If you would get your upper extremities out of Dennis Green's lower extremities, opinions and comments by people like me wouldn't destroy your day or life. It's football pally. Deal with it.

If players can be busts, so can coaches. Try the Cardinals lineage on for size. Did the Cardinals search for The Holy Grail end with a motivational speaker with a checkered past? I don't know and neither do you. Maybe if you lightened up , you could back off on the medication. :wave:

There just seems to be a pattern to the GMs, Coaches, and QBs that you attack. They all seem to have something in common.

Southpaw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by vikesfan
There just seems to be a pattern to the GMs, Coaches, and QBs that you attack. They all seem to have something in common.

Only in your pea brain. :rolleyes:

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Savage58
I'm vary wary of us picking Harris, I think that would be the worst pick we could make this year.

I am terrified we will trade down and pick up Harris. It is my nightmare scenario. If this happens, they will have to carry me out of Jackson's in handcuffs because I will break and destroy multiple items.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Originally posted by binkar
Yes I have seen him play many times including twice in person. I think he will be a very solid receiver but not worthy of a top 3 selection. I just think that his lack of speed (which I know is not horrible), I dont dont think he runs great routes, and he had incredible QBs throwing to him in an incredible offensive system. Now I am not saying he wont be good but I just think his people put too much emphasis on his size and I dont think that besides that he has anything else that is incredible other than his hands.

I agree...Wasn't there another superstar receiver, from the other SoCal school, a few years ago with the same upside and potential as Williams? I seem to have forgotten his name......hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....Oh yeah, here it is....JJ Stokes!

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by masterphomeg
I agree...Wasn't there another superstar receiver, from the other SoCal school, a few years ago with the same upside and potential as Williams? I seem to have forgotten his name......hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....Oh yeah, here it is....JJ Stokes!

Uhm, no.

JJ Stokes had nowhere near the talent, upside or potential as Williams.

Do you realize Williams has rewritten or nearly rewritten many of USCs 4-year receiving records in just two seasons?

He made Carson Palmer a number one pick. He made Leinart look like a number one pick.

Southpaw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by D-Dogg
Uhm, no.

JJ Stokes had nowhere near the talent, upside or potential as Williams.

Do you realize Williams has rewritten or nearly rewritten many of USCs 4-year receiving records in just two seasons?

He made Carson Palmer a number one pick. He made Leinart look like a number one pick.

Can you say N-O-R-M C-H-O-W ?

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can you say N-O-R-M C-H-O-W ?

Yeah, Norm Chow.

Can you say M-I-K-E W-I-L-L-I-A-M-S?

Norm Chow's system is potent, for sure, but that doesn't take away anything that Williams did on the field. If anything, playing in Chow's system makes Mike MORE NFL-ready than other receivers.

USC's passing game will remain powerful this year, but it will not be nearly as good without Williams.

Do you credit Denny Green's system for the success of Randy Moss? Or is Moss just a supremely talented player that excells at his position?

Capt'nCard

Veteran
Reaction score
Originally posted by binkar
I dont think he will be a complete bust, but i don't think Mike Williams will be a great receiver in the NFL. I think he will prove to be the 6th or 7th best receiver in the draft.
Umm.....Thomas Jones...

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: Big Ben, possible Big Bust

Originally posted by Skkorpion
Hey, Canadian Card, 4 posts, count 'em, four posts in two years, eh? Where you been? In some frozen ice cave?

He's picking his spots.

azdad1978

Championship!!!!
Reaction score

:thumbup:

OP
OP
binkar

binkar

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I have changed my feelings on Mike Williams. He will be the 3rd or 4th best receiver in the draft.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05