Who Do You Want? Sacramento or La.

hsandhu

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Who Do You Want? Sacramento or L.A.

With the laker loss tonight, the kings only trail them by one game, w/ the kings ahead a few games in the tiebreaker (conference record). That poses the questions who would rather play the suns?

A lot of people seem to be afraid of sacramento because of all the "names" they have. Also a lot of people worry about them, because of the recent "run" they had, but during the past few weeks they showed, (w/ home losses to gs, wash w/o arenas, and some blowout road losses) that while the changes they've made have improved the team, they are far from being a serious/consistent threat.

Including their best players, they are not an athletic team. Thus I think they would have a tougher time guarding the suns than the lakers would.
They don't have very strong big man post offense. Neither do the lakers for that matter, because Kwame is a horrible finisher, but against our midget front line his big body could cause some issues.

And Sacramento's best players scare me a lot less than the lakers' best players. Artest is a very good offense player, but has a lot of trouble with marion's defense (going back to the first game of the season when the suns played the pacers).

On the other hand Kobe Bryant in a playoff series is scary. He could go 10-33, but he can also get on fire, and be unstoppable (no matter how well he is defended), specifically in clutch moments of the game. Lamar Odom hasn't played at an all-star level since joining the lakers, but has all-star talent. Specifically, I remember him really putting it on Marion in the post when given the chance.

The home court advanatage provided by Sac worries me, but ultimately I think they pose a much easier foe than the lakers.

Last edited:

HooverDam

Reaction score
Id prefer to play the Lakers. I dont care if Kobe scores 50 a night against the Suns, because the rest of the Lakers combined will struggle to score 50.

The Kings, while not close to the team they once were do have multiple weapons, plus perhaps the leagues best perimeter defender which may hurt the Suns important 3 pt shooting.

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
It doesnt really matter. If Phoenix goes into the first round playing like they are, I don't see them getting out regardless of who they play.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
i agree with wasted and therefore would rather lose to the kings in the first round than the lakers which would be unbearable living in greater la and having a really obnoxious ex-law-school-roommate-lakers-fan-with-access-to-my-email waiting for such eventuality.

jibikao

Reaction score
Ouchie-Z-Clown said:
i agree with wasted and therefore would rather lose to the kings in the first round than the lakers which would be unbearable living in greater la and having a really obnoxious ex-law-school-roommate-lakers-fan-with-access-to-my-email waiting for such eventuality.

I would hate losing to Kings x2 than losing to Lakers!!! Enough of this Bibby VS Nash thing. I want Nash to DESTORY him!!!!

But I would rather play against Lakers first. :thumbup:

keric

Reaction score
I think we match up better with the Lakers. Given the lack of talented big men they have.

Our winning percentage against the Lakers has been better than ours against the Kings.

*Ironically I hope we lose Friday's game against the Lakers so they may solidify the 7th spot.

OP
OP
H

hsandhu

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
You guys still want the Lakers? In the playoffs this could be what kobe does every game, and bell/marion have played pretty good defense on him.

green machine

I rule at posting
Reaction score
I for sure want the Lakers. They have no inside presense, no bench, and nothing else besides Kobe.

The Kings have beaten us this year, pretty badly one game too. I wouldn't want to deal with them.

keric

Reaction score
After watching the Lakers game on Friday it is obvious that the Lakers can not beat us in a series. In fact the Lakers are the ONLY team that I don't fear.
A one man show with no inside presence can not beat the Suns.

*We have not lost a single game to the Lakers in the last 2 years!

jibikao

Reaction score
keric said:
After watching the Lakers game on Friday it is obvious that the Lakers can not beat us in a series. In fact the Lakers are the ONLY team that I don't fear.
A one man show with no inside presence can not beat the Suns.

*We have not lost a single game to the Lakers in the last 2 years!

No inside presence is the ONLY REASON why Lakers is such a great matchup for us but looks like we are getting Kings.

jandaman

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Gimme Lakers anyday.

The Lakers will not beat the Suns 4 times, they have 1 offensive weapon, whilst the Suns have fire power everywhere.

Kings in the other hand, have bruisers, tough physical players and a point guard that will score big come playoff time...

hcsilla

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The Suns can make a huge favour for themselves and (probably) make the Lakers to their 1st round play-off opponent if they beat the Kings in Sacramento on Tuesday.

RON ARTEST

Reaction score
as a kings fan i think a kings suns series would be awesome! bibby against nash is always fun.

cly2tw

Reaction score
Lakers!
Kobe will always get his points and we'll always win against them.

Ollie

Croissant Eater
Reaction score
Lakers, hands down. Kings have a better all-around team and could be really bothering to play in a best-of-7 series, especially because they're not matching up very well with the Suns.

Did I forget to say that the Suns won every single game versus the Lakers since Nash came back last year?

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lakers.

Artest is the type of player (has the type of game) that gets away with murder in the playoffs (like Bowen). It would be very frustrating to watch that for a 7 game series.

Also, Sac is just plain better than the Lakers.

The bright side would be that the Lakers pick would be a little better for us.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As long as Phil tries to play small ball against your team, you are much better facing my Lakers. You own Phil Jackson.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
D-Dogg said:
As long as Phil tries to play small ball against your team, you are much better facing my Lakers. You own Phil Jackson.

Not when he had Shaq, or when he had Michael and Scottie.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
JCSunsfan said:
Not when he had Shaq, or when he had Michael and Scottie.

He didn't play small ball against you with Shaq. That's kind of my point.

And I'm talking about the run and gun Suns led by Nash, anyway.

F-Dog

lurker
Reaction score
RON ARTEST said:
as a kings fan i think a kings suns series would be awesome! bibby against nash is always fun.

I think you mean Bibby against Bell and Barbosa...Nash and Bibby would spend that series avoiding each other like the plague.

Anyway, Lakers would be a much easier draw, but I'd rather face the Kings. The worse the Lakers do, the better draft pick they get, right? ;)

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunchaser