Who do you want to win the World Series?

Who do you want to win the World Series?

• Chicago White Sox

Votes: 15 53.6%
  • Houston Astros

Votes: 13 46.4%

• Total voters

KingofCards

My Hero
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Is there a who cares choice?

I will watch it but I can't think of any reason to root against either team.

Diamondback Jay

Psalms 23:1
Reaction score
KingofCards said:

Well said.. On one hand, you have a team trying to exercise their own Curse, perhaps an even grander one than the Boston fabled "Curse of the Bambino". Your looking at a team that hasn't won a World Series in 88 years, two longer than the one shed by the Red Sox last year. Your looking at a team and a city (Chicago) that hasn't even hosted a World Series game in most of our lifetimes ('59). Your looking at a storyline of a ghost (Joe Jackson) resting easy with a White Sox win. You've got a fiery young manager and a team full of scrap and grit, who by and large did it the RIGHT way.

On the other hand, you have a franchise that's not only never won a World Series, they've never even been in one. You've got a team, much like the White Sox, who have a hard nosed ex-player as manager, and a team full of grit. You have veterans like Bagwell and Biggio who have player their entire (or the better part of) their careers with Houston who are deserving of the proper send off.

Two teams that for the most part did it the right way..

Two teams that are hard to root against.

Oh yeah, did I fail to mention the Tucson connection (White Sox hold their Spring Training in Tucson Electric Park, while the Toros were Houston's PCL AAA affiliate for many, many years)?

Either way, I can hardly wait! :D

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
houston

they're an NL team, this is their first world series, and i just dont like chicago, in general

green machine

I rule at posting
Reaction score
Pulling for the Sox. Nobody expected anything out of them this season, so I feel they're a true underdog. The same can't be said for the 'Stros.

Chaz

observationist
Reaction score
I have to say White Sox.

The White Sox are my favorite AL team.

In general I prefer the NL but I never cared much for the Astros.

O

LD @ F.O.H.
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
The White Sox.

The only good thing about Houston is the Gentlemens Clubs.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
I've never in my life rooted for an American League team and, although I gave the ChiSox brief consideration :shrug:, I won't start now.

Go, Astros. Do in '05 what your '62 Expansion buddies, the Miracle Mets, did 36 years ago. Lose the first (let the Rocket take it on the chin), then win the next four.

SunCityCarl

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I am a White Sox fan, I can remember a second baseman named Bobby Knoop & outfielders like Carlos May, Ken Berry & Walt Williams. I remember a pitcher named Wilbur Wood & a catcher Duane Josephson. I remember ladies day & Saturday afternoon Double-Headers. I remember Bill Veeck's "MONSTER" scoreboard & hearing & seeing it live as a boy made me get behind the obstructed view pole in the grandstands. I remember Jack Drees & Billy Pierce. I remember the blue & red uniforms when they were "new". But most of all I remember my Dad talking about Luke Appling & Nellie Fox. I remember my Uncle Joe working the Bards room & the "White Owls". I remember Ernie Carroll's homemade egg nog & these bags of popcorn bigger than me! I want the White Sox to win it all for my Dad & Mom, Uncle Joe, Uncle Pete, Ernie & all of us Chicagoans who's parents introduced us to the GO GO SOX! :)

AZZenny

Reaction score
I think this should be great baseball. I'm rooting for the White Sox - really like Ozzie Guillen. Hate Roger Clemens and Andy Pettite.

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
AZZenny said:
I think this should be great baseball. I'm rooting for the White Sox - really like Ozzie Guillen. Hate Roger Clemens and Andy Pettite.

As ususal, I have to say "Ditto," Pam. ;)

Besides, I think it's the WS turn to win.... :thumbup:

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
KingofCards said:

Same here KOC. I'm mad that the Stros took my boys out for the wildcard, but at the same time, I've never had a problem with them and respect their moxie. They're some fighters. I respect that. I like the Sox too though. Whatever, it's not the Phils in this, so whatever! :shrug: