Who don't you want the Cardinals to draft this year?

jf-08

chohan
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
well it's a consensus - we'll trade all of our picks away to make everyone here happy.

Unless someone here doesn't want to trade.

Then we're really screwed.

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't want them to draft in the #3 position. They should trade down and get more picks.

General Chaos

Gronko = Man Beast
Reaction score
i feel bad for whoever we take. that poor guy is going to be more criticized than janet jackson. plus we will all expect him to be a pro bowler like quan.

artp

Registered
Reaction score
At #3, I don't want anybody but Eli, Roth*, Taylor, or Fitzgerald. I think those are the top 4 guys. We can't reach for a need (Harris, Wilfolk, Udeze, Smith) at 3 and we don't need an OT (Gallery or Andrews).

vikesfan

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Great thread!

TAKE:
(1.) Fitz (2 superstar WR ain't bad are they?)

(2.) Taylor (you don't need a S so kind of hard to take him still...)

(3.) Gallery (you do need an OT imo but OTs who are good can be had in Round 2 especially top of Round 2)

DON'T TAKE:
Williams (not as good as Fitz imo)
or anybody else Harris, W. Smith, Jackson etc not at #3.

CLOSE CALL: Ben/Eli if one of those two drops down AND Fitz is gone not taking them is passing on value.

I am againt trade downs in general but in this case you want to max out value. Lets say you get a #1 this year and a #1 next year. Or a #1 this year and a proven quality NFL player. MIAMI gives you Ogunlye and his 16 sacks plus their #1 pick. Hmmm kind of hard to pass up. What if they add a #2 also.

The Cards have so many holes. This kind of move can make a difference.

The problem with the trade down last year was the 2 guys you took. If you had taken Bailey and Steinbach or Calico it wouldn't have been so bad trading down last year.

One thing to note DG built the Vikes by having multiple #1 picks. IIRC he had two number 1 picks three times in the years he spent there.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
No Tommie Harris or Steven Jackson in the 1st round. No non-Buckeye,except Antwan Odom, in the 2nd round.

seesred

Reaction score
Last year I hated when we traded down, this year I hope we do. That being said, I don't want any offensive player if we stay at 3 except if one of the top two fall. I don't want a saftey, or Linebacker high in the draft. I agree with most.

We need a proven CB, DL, and maybe QB. The rest in the draft.

GBR

SMAC

Nobody Beats the Wiz!
Reaction score
Any defensive lineman, I have had enough of top picks for DE's and DT's.

Loyal Card 17

Veteran
Reaction score
i don't want clarett eithier. nor do i want big ben. i have been turning to draft a wr at the #3 spot. if mike williams enters the draft, i would want him. here are the guys i would like to draft, but i'm not very realistic about this.

m. williams(if he declares for the draft)
udeze
phillip rivers
fritz
roy williams
vince wilfork

since i don't watch much college ball, i will leave the scouting to the pros. i do know that all these men will or are going to be drafted in the first round.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05