Who has come closer to peaking this season?

Which team has come closer to peaking this season?

• Total voters

fordronken

Reaction score
Both teams have had long win streaks, Dallas has a better record, but has either team come close to peaking? I haven't watched enough of Dallas to know, but I think we can all agree that even when the Suns were winning 17 in a row, they weren't playing their best.

I think the Suns have highest ceiling in the NBA, but also have the biggeset chance of let down of among top three contenders.

PHX 32

Hard times on Planet Orange
Reaction score
#@#$!!! I voted for the Suns on accident, but I honestly think that the Mavs have reached their peak for the season, and they will lose tonight against Cleveland.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Mavs can't play any better then they are right now. Then again the way they are playing is good enough for the rest of the league right now.

Nash

Reaction score
I think the Mavs are the toughest and most consistent team right now. We may have a higher ceiling, I don't know about that. But we don't seem headed anywhere close to that ceiling right now - maybe because of teh injuries and mid season blues.
But the Mavs are by far the superior team in terms of consistency.

TucsonDevil

Good to be back!
Reaction score
Wow, I actually voted for the Suns... their record is tangible evidence. Dallas is cruising.

TheFallen49

Veteran
Reaction score
Tough not to vote for Dallas, they are about to tie a franchise record for W's and have already made it in the history books with the three 12 game win streaks. It's hard to play better than they are right now and the scary thing is they've been doing it all season (exluding the first four games) I don't think theres a higher level out there.

Phoenix has been playing amazing as well, could set a franchise record in wins but I don't think i've seen a game/streak where they have played as good as I think they can.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think that the Suns have peaked. That doesn't mean that they still cannot win a championship though.

SO91

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I would say the Mavs are closer to peaking this season. Their defense has been good but I don't see it getting much better. They do rebound better than the suns but their FG% allowed is not much better. I know they've been playing great basketball, the proof being their winning streaks, but they are certainly beatable. They're much more of a jump shooting team that could be affected by an off night.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
MAvs will peak all year long unless they get injured

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
MAvs will peak all year long unless they get injured

The Suns would be as well if 4 of their top 7 didn't have injuries. KT's elbow probably isn't going to be healed until next season. Who knows about Nash's shoulder or Diaw's back and how many more problems we're going to have with those injuries. I'm sure Marion will bounce right back in a game or two and be fine. Dallas hasn't had to face adversity like this and that's one of the main reasons they've been playing at such a high level.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns would be as well if 4 of their top 7 didn't have injuries. KT's elbow probably isn't going to be healed until next season. Who knows about Nash's shoulder or Diaw's back and how many more problems we're going to have with those injuries. I'm sure Marion will bounce right back in a game or two and be fine. Dallas hasn't had to face adversity like this and that's one of the main reasons they've been playing at such a high level.

Who would have thought that the healthiest person on the Suns this year would have been Amare?

Reaction score
Yeah it's Dallas

That's right. I voted for the Mavs...by mistake. But I actually think both teams haven't peaked yet. Both have a different gear for the playoffs. It's going to be the best WCF yet.

HooverDam

Reaction score
That's right. I voted for the Mavs...by mistake. But I actually think both teams haven't peaked yet. Both have a different gear for the playoffs. It's going to be the best WCF yet.

The question is which team has come CLOSER to peaking. Obviously its the Mavs. Even during their runs, the Suns weren't playing great, and they've had a lot of small, stupid, nagging injuries.

sandeepgm

Reaction score

I disagree. If the spurs and the suns meet in the second round, i am thinking the spurs will take out the suns.