Who Is Lonnie Baxter?

George O'Brien

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I vaguely remember this name, but nothing about him:

Draft Express - Minnesota Summer League

Baxter was the main story of the camp from a scouting perspective, tearing through pretty much anybody that attempted to defend him. He gets the most out of his abilities, and the people that I talked all view him as an NBA-caliber player. He is a free agent at the moment, but expect to see him on a team this winter.

He's on the Houston squad.

LoganMo

Reaction score
Baxter was one of the top players on Maryland's championship team a few years back. He was a better college player than teammate Chris Wilcox, but because of height concerns and limited potential, he was never seen as a great NBA prospect.

If you're interested, I did a quick search on Baxter and came up with this:

http://www.nba.com/suns/news/qa_baxter.html

I thought it was interesting because it talks about his game as well as his thoughts on another power forward prospect he worked out against, a raw kid named Stoudamire.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
He was unstopable in college. He is HUGE, but he is not tall enough to be a center and he is not quick enough to be a PF. I always liked him, and I hope he gets some PT next year wherever he goes.

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
mental note for future reference: when four year college seniors are saying a high school kid is "very good" in workouts (where it would not be in your own personal best interest to pump up other potential picks for the team) its probaly a good indication that that high schooler is a pretty special player......

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sean May = Lonnie Baxter. If you watched Sean May play for North Carolina at all last season you essentially saw Lonnie Baxter. The only difference is that May is quicker, and Baxter is actually a little longer.

Joe Mama

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05