Who is the most accurate QB in this draft

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Just curious what some people think because this attribute to me more and more is the most important trait a QB can have and then the mental aspect... the big arm and athleticism is gravy

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
I rate this a weak QB field, which is yet another good reason not to take one. I'd say Goff is the most accurate, so it's not surprising he's ranked first by most. I have not seen Wentz play live. Based on film and asking a few colleagues Wentz concerns some with his deep accuracy. He has trouble leading receivers on these throws. In some cases this can be fixed with repetitions. Others believe some prospects have an issue with spatial imaging and can't be fixed.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I watched Paxton Lynch quite a bit this year and found him to be extremely accurate, and he also knew when to throw it away.

Scouting Report

Strengths:

Has the look of an NFL quarterback and can take a beating
Very tall and has an athletic body
Excellent athleticism
Able to run the ball and extend plays with his legs
Excellent arm strength
Was able to avoid being sacked in college
Quick release
Makes smart decisions and doesn't turn the ball over much
Accurate on deep to intermediate passes
Accurate passer when on the move

Intelligent and has high football IQ
Has the physical tools to start right away
Tons of potential
Displayed leadership and isn't easily rattled

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
I watched Paxton Lynch quite a bit this year and found him to be extremely accurate, and he also knew when to throw it away.

If he or Wentz is there at #29, I think the Cardinals take one of them.

Lots and lots of options at #29 for the Cardinals, IMO.

The Cardinals cannot make the same mistake with the Quarterback position that they did with the offensive line, and that is to not invest in the position in the draft.

Southpaw

Supporting Member
Reaction score

The Cardinals cannot make the same mistake with the Quarterback position that they did with the offensive line, and that is to not invest in the position in the draft.

IMO Lynch would be a slam dunk gift, but I think he goes as high as #11 to the Rams, ( but they are idiots come draft time and would leave him on the board for the Eagles). Something I find coincidental is that the 3 top QBs did not have an elite supporting cast, and the public (casual fan) opinion is that they are lacking in polish and perceived as mediocre. Any one of these QBs on a pro team with support could be qualified starters. Cook, Jones, Hackenberg etc had much better rosters to play with and were mediocre at best. My dark horse is Jeff Driskel, an Urban Meyer reject ( not a bad thing). If he is available 3rd round ( doubtful ), finally a mid round "project" worth drafting. Not great % passer, but his supporting cast was not elite. La Tech had a prolific offense with him.

Iceman

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Would LOVE if Wentz or Lynch fell to the Cards. I doubt that they will because of so many teams in need of a QB

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
IMO Lynch would be a slam dunk gift, but I think he goes as high as #11 to the Rams, ( but they are idiots come draft time and would leave him on the board for the Eagles). Something I find coincidental is that the 3 top QBs did not have an elite supporting cast, and the public (casual fan) opinion is that they are lacking in polish and perceived as mediocre. Any one of these QBs on a pro team with support could be qualified starters. Cook, Jones, Hackenberg etc had much better rosters to play with and were mediocre at best. My dark horse is Jeff Driskel, an Urban Meyer reject ( not a bad thing). If he is available 3rd round ( doubtful ), finally a mid round "project" worth drafting. Not great % passer, but his supporting cast was not elite. La Tech had a prolific offense with him.

Rams have the 15 pick, the Eagles draft 8th after their swapping with the Dolphins who now have the 13th pick.

Browns, Cowboys, 49ers, Eagles and Rams all should be looking hard at the QB position. Bills and Jets pick before us so that's two more teams that could take a QB.

Can't see any of the "top 3" QB's sliding to us.

Southpaw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Would LOVE if Wentz or Lynch fell to the Cards. I doubt that they will because of so many teams in need of a QB

Draft order and QB needs IMO

1 1 Tennessee - have one
2 Cleveland - Have to take a QB
3 3 San Diego - not yet
4 4 Dallas - need a back up
5 5 Jacksonville - have one
6 6 Baltimore - have one
7 7 San Francisco - need one ???????
8 8 Philadelphia from Miami - need one??????
9 9 Tampa Bay - have one
10 10 New York Giants - have one
11 11 Chicago - have one
12 12 New Orleans - need a back up
13 13 Miami from Philadelphia - should take one but won't
14 14 Oakland - have one
15 15 Los Angeles - need one
16 16 Detroit - have one
17 17 Atlanta - have one
18 18 Indianapolis - have one
19 19 Buffalo - need one
20 20 New York Jets - QB Hell
21 21 Washington - have one
22 22 Houston - neeeeeeeeed one
23 23 Minnesota - have one
24 24 Cincinnati - have one
25 25 Pittsburgh - have 2
26 26 Seattle - have one
27 27 Green Bay - nope
28 28 Kansas City - maybe
29 29 Arizona - yeeesssss
30 30 Carolina
31 31 Denver

OP
OP
Jetstream Green

Jetstream Green

Reaction score
With the rate college programs are putting out subpar quarterback for the NFL, hell Stanton might be good in comparison in a few years lol

Southpaw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
OP
OP
Jetstream Green

Jetstream Green

Reaction score
If I felt a need that I had to take a QB in this draft, I would take Hackenberg in the third hoping he was there :)

TenYearsAfter

Reaction score
Wentz easy choice

If the Browns screw up as they always seem to do and bypass on Wentz then if the Cowboys don't take him at 4, Mr Jones needs a lobotomy.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Something tells me the Cowpies, Lambs, Niners or Iggles tries to sneak in front of the Browns for the #1 pick & taking a QB.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Something tells me the Cowpies, Lambs, Niners or Iggles tries to sneak in front of the Browns for the #1 pick & taking a QB.

I'm not sure about that. Is JJ in the win now mode believing all he needs is a healthy Romo? I think he should be trying to get Wentz or Goff but is he willing to give up the draft capital if he prefers one over the other. My guess is he sits still and takes a defensive player.

Lambs don't have the draft capital to move all the way up to the #1 pick, ain't happening.

Eagles don't have a 2nd rd pick this year and it will simply cost too much to get up to the #1 pick.

Niners have a bunch of picks so they are the team that could make the move. Do the Titans want to drop down to the 7th pick because that drops them out of the Elite prospect range. If they love LT's Stanley and Conklin then they can expect one of them to be there.