Who is the most overrated Cardinal?

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
JJ Arrington - until he performs (come on JJ)
Russell Davis - I wouldn't start him / would've replaced him by now (but by no means am I questioning Green on this, I think Green has done a solid job of upgrading our defense and I expect this position to be filled in the 2006 offseason as part of the 3rd year in the rebuilding/building process).
Josh McCown - I really really think he's not good. He's not really bad, just not good.
Marcel Shipp - only because he hasn't seen the endzone since 2002. Other than that, dude's a tank with the downfield vision of a jedi.
Larry Fitzgerald - for the opposite reason as Shipp. He gets TDs, but he needs a lot more receptions this year to validate that #3 pick.

Some of you guys saying Boldin, I think you're out of your minds! He is the CLEAR # 1 WR on this team because he's so damn deceptive (CBs don't know which way he's going, leaving him totally open), has great hands, is intelligent, and is tough as nails.

Last edited:

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
How can anyone say Russel Davis? The guy came from absolutely nowhere and on the fringe of being cut and has turned out be a very serviceable
DT.He's not a pro-bowler but he makes as many plays as anybody on the DL. I know Berry gets the sacks but Davis does all the dirty work and makes alot of plays. I can see people saying BIg,JJ, or Fitz but Russel Davis? C'mon, he's the kind of player you have to be happy about.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Oh yeah, my most overrated player is Calvin Pace.People still think he's going to be something because he gets pre-season sacks against OL that are going to be cut.Plus, he's the first round draft choice we got after passing on Byron Leftwich :mad: .If you can't tell,i'm still bitter about that. :computer:

CaptTurbo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Its not Davis. Want to see what a bust OL looks like drafted in the top 5. Take a look at Gallery.

Id say

1) McCown
2)JJ

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Jay Cardinal said:
Leonard Davis for sure. IIRC we needed defensive help badly that year and took him 2nd overall because he was such a "can't miss" pick, a franchise LT in the mold of the Orlando Pace or Jonathon Ogden. He definately has not lived up to expectations.

Who were some of the defensive players we passed on that year with the second overall pick?

Gerard Warren, Justin Smith, Richard Seymour, Andre Carter, Jamal Reynolds and Dan Morgan. Of course the Cards would have taken Jamal Reynolds.

Nobody on the team now is overrated. We have no idea how they can play as they have only one year performing for a real NFL coach. How anyone can say any player is overrated compared to players thought to be good from years past is beyond me.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
Duckjake said:
Gerard Warren, Justin Smith, Richard Seymour, Andre Carter, Jamal Reynolds and Dan Morgan. Of course the Cards would have taken Jamal Reynolds.

Nobody on the team now is overrated. We have no idea how they can play as they have only one year performing for a real NFL coach. How anyone can say any player is overrated compared to players thought to be good from years past is beyond me.

Good point.

I would have said Orlando Huff, but I'm not sure he's rated that highly by most of us. I do hope he proves me dead wrong.

Crazy Canuck

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Jay Cardinal said:
Leonard Davis for sure. IIRC we needed defensive help badly that year and took him 2nd overall because he was such a "can't miss" pick, a franchise LT in the mold of the Orlando Pace or Jonathon Ogden. He definately has not lived up to expectations.

Who were some of the defensive players we passed on that year with the second overall pick?

So "definite" in your opinion... and, yet - can't spell the word... :D

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I can't believe that I'm saying this... but I'm going to take up for Leonard Davis. It's really, really hard for a casual fan to note how offensive linemen play from down to down. What I do know is that I've read in several sources that people in the Cards' organization believed that Leonard Davis deserved Pro Bowl consideration following the season. That's good enough for me.

It's hard to base anything on Josh McCown's holding the ball too long and dropping way too far back into the pocket. What success Emmitt Smith had last season was running to L. Davis's side.

Wild Card

Surfin' Bird
Reaction score
kerouac9 said:
I can't believe that I'm saying this... but I'm going to take up for Leonard Davis.

K9:

I can't believe that you're saying it, either. ;)

Davis gets my vote for most-overrated Cardinal, if only because expectations have been so high for him since the moment he was drafted. His performance to-date may have as much to do with the coaching he's received and the players around him as with his own ability, but the fact remains that no one mentions him in the same breath with Orlando Pace, Walter Jones, or Jon Ogden. And that's the level on which he was predicted to play.

WC

CaptTurbo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
jstadvl said:
include ASFN posters?

We already have jstadvl voted for 3 times. So sure why not.

Recap: jstadvl was drafted in the second round by ASFN. He was taken to sure up the top 10 mosts posts by a member count by being the first ever to post 100,000 posts.

So far he is not even close to that goal. Rumors say he may be traded to the az cardinals message board for tango.

jstadvl

R U gonna B My Girl
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
No Way Man!

I have a no trade clause in my contract! Which is good for one more year and an option year. So I'm safe for awhile. Your not sending me to message board hell, the "armpit" of message boards, that easy my friend!
:biglaugh:

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
swd1974 said:

Recap: jstadvl was drafted in the second round by ASFN. He was taken to sure up the top 10 mosts posts by a member count by being the first ever to post 100,000 posts.

So far he is not even close to that goal. Rumors say he may be traded to the az cardinals message board for tango.

:lmao:

Oh, and you are seriously :doi: if you think we're trading devil for tango anytime soon :thumbup:

jstadvl

R U gonna B My Girl
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Thanks

Vince. I appreciate that, my guitar pickin friend!
So there SWD!

Redheart

Stack 'em up!
Reaction score
jstadvl said:
Vince. I appreciate that, my guitar pickin friend!
So there SWD!

I don't know, I think Swd was elimanted from the survivor league after the first game of the 2005 season! His judgement is now in question....

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
swd1974 said: