• Kurt Warner, QB

Votes: 44 45.4%
  • An undrafted free agent

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters

vinnymac

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
considering the qb and offensive line was a major problem last season, kurt warner, ian allen, and oliver ross were the best fa the cardinals signed. these signing should improve the offense termendously. everyone must agree that the cardinals did an excellent job in the offseason this year.

CardinalLaw

Reaction score
Warner is a one year fix. He won't play another 5 years here, I say Chike and Ross as a close second.

earthsci

That Rapscallion!!
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
MadCardDisease said:
Okeafor will help us the most IMO. He will make Berry even better.
I disagree. I do think that he is the best player that we signed during the off season but since the defense is already somewhat decent I don't think that his impact will be the most. Warner will have the most impact on what was last year a very sorry offense.

Last edited:

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
i think ross will be the most important. denny has been trying to remake the o-line and ross will be an important component b/c we've got to get the both running game and pass protection improved. particularly considering we don't have a premier rb and we have warner behind center. ross may not be the most talented of our signings (that's okeafor), but he may be the most important and have the greatest impact.

JasonKGME

I'm a uncle's monkey??
Reaction score
Most likely best FA pickup Okeafir, He will be here for a couple of years, he will greatly improve the d-line (who ya gonna double team folks, Berry, Okeafir, Dockett??? Cant do em all)

Possible best FA pickup this coming year - Kurt Warner, which I figure is either going to shoot off like a rocket and be top 5 QB this year, or is going to get sacked 50+ times, with 20+ fumbles. Gotta wait and see for which.

JPlay

JPlay
Reaction score
I don't agree that Warner will only be here for a year. I think he will have a good year, but not a really great one. Next year we should re-sign him for 2-3 more years if it works out

I think that the Cardinals will be a powerful team in 2007 when JJ is in his second year along with Rolle. As long as we can plug the holes a TE, DT and MLB in the next year we will be fine.

Redheart

Stack 'em up!
Reaction score
JPlay said:

I think that the Cardinals will be a powerful team in 2007 when JJ is in his second year along with Rolle....

2nd year willl be in 2006 with the New Stadium...

CaptTurbo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I said okeafor. Warner could go either way in reality. I think he will do great but i drink koolaid.

Okeafor solidifies and already great up and coming defense. We will get many more sacks simply because of him opening up dockett and dansby and beryy and himself.

Which btw helps the cb's tremendously if the QB pees his pants everytime he drops back.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
Ouchie-Z-Clown said:
i think ross will be the most important.

I think that as well. Not the most talented and wont be the most heralded at the end of the year but I think he plays a big role in a lot of other players playing better. Ross is just as good as Shelton the RT as a pass blocker but better as a run blocker by all indications. So I will call it a slight upgrade. But were he will make a difference the most is his leadership and road grader attitude. And Attitude is something this oline lacks more then anything else. If his attitude can rub off on the front 5, it will only make Arrington/Shipp, Warner, TE, Boldin, and Fitz that much better. And if the O is better it will take pressure off of the D making them better as well.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
MadCardDisease said:
Okeafor will help us the most IMO. He will make Berry even better.

Okeafor has the most unquestionable upside. And as MCD points out, he may be enough to turn our DL into a wrecking crew.

On 3rd and 15, I could play FS in a defense with Okeafor, Berry and Dockett rushing the QB, and Dansby, Wilson, and Darling patrolling the 2nd level.

Last edited:

Crazy Canuck

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Crimson Warrior said:
Okeafor has the most unquestionable upside. And as MCD points out, he may be enough to make our DL into a wrecking crew.

On 3rd and 15, I could play FS in a defense with Okeafor, Berry and Dockett rushing the QB, and Dansby, Wilson, and Darling patrolling the 2nd level.

Well, we'd better hope they all do their job because we know who the opposition is going to pick on, if they don't. :D

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Crazy Canuck said:
Well, we'd better hope they all do their job because we know who the opposition is going to pick on, if they don't. :D

Hey I'll tell why the Okeafer signing is huge.

Its because you can get some serious pressure with only your front four. If you send five, it'll be like a jail break.

It means less single coverage and more LBs on the 2nd level keeping containment.

Two things need to happen for us to be really good on defense this year.

1. Rolle needs to come through.
2. We need to stay healthy.

If those two things happen, I honestly believe we have an NFC championship caliber defense.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Broncosfan