Who will be the BPA in round 2?

vikesfan

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
The interesting question is who will be the BPA when the Cards draft #2?

Every year some 1st rounders fall to the 2nd round because teams make reaches and/or pure need picks in the 1st Round. This causes a few 1st rounders to fall into the top of the 2nd round. You can peg off a real gem there.

That is very hard to project though. But when round 2 comes around you have to be ready... and the question again is do you go BPA or Need?

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Michael Jenkins.Another guy who i like is Antwan Odom,a DE from Alabama(my 2nd favorite team).He has size/speed and is a very good pass rusher.He projected to go late 1st or ealry 2nd.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Originally posted by vikesfan
The interesting question is who will be the BPA when the Cards draft #2?

Every year some 1st rounders fall to the 2nd round because teams make reaches and/or pure need picks in the 1st Round. This causes a few 1st rounders to fall into the top of the 2nd round. You can peg off a real gem there.

That is very hard to project though. But when round 2 comes around you have to be ready... and the question again is do you go BPA or Need?

I maintain, you do best player available at a need position. I don't think he could posibly fall there but Michael Jenkins has been a late first rounder on one mock draft I saw. He would be a grand theft in early round 2 IMO. If Vilma somehow dropped out of first round (same mock shows him being taken 29th overall) I would jump on him probably.

But after all is said and done, I would look for CB (Dunta Robinson) or maybe RB (Michael Turner) in round 2 depending on where the Cards go in round 1.

BuckeyeCardinal

Cantankerous Curmudgeon
Reaction score
Turner

Turner looked like crap in the Sr. Bowl.

A cornerback at round 2 would be great.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Originally posted by Cbus cardsfan
Michael Jenkins.Another guy who i like is Antwan Odom,a DE from Alabama(my 2nd favorite team).He has size/speed and is a very good pass rusher.He projected to go late 1st or ealry 2nd.

If Odom is available round 2, we would be totally stupid if we didn't draft him.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Re: Round 2

Originally posted by Jetstream Green
It will be a CB. Who I have no idea.

I gotta agree. I love the idea of taking the BPA, but you've got to balance that with need. We really NEED a CB high in this draft and by all accounts it seems like they'll be some great players at the position available at the top of round 2.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Re: Turner

Originally posted by BuckeyeCardinal
Turner looked like crap in the Sr. Bowl.

A cornerback at round 2 would be great.

So based on one game, you write off 3600 rushing in two years and over 30 rushing TDs? Just because he had a bad Senior Bowl??

I prefer a CB too but if that is not an issue any longer for the Cards, I think Turner would be a fantastic pick

Loyal Card 17

Veteran
Reaction score
before people can start talking about the draft, you need to wait until fa over with, and wait until the combines are over with. after fa you can get a better idea who the cardinals are going draft. odom would be a great pick and so would duckett boldin former teammate.

football karma

Michael snuggles the cap space
Reaction score
I think the first pick in the second round is the best picking spot in the draft --

The last twelve teams or so of the the first round of the draft are picking that one position they think will get them into the Superbowl -- as a result, one or two players ranked in the 15 - 18 range will slide all the way into the top of the second --

The Cards need to be ready to spot that player and nab him. All the better if it is a position of need.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think the first pick in the second round is the best picking spot in the draft --
Although the last team to pick in the first round is usually the Supe winner who can afford to roll the dice on the BPA so we miss out on that dude.

abcard

Veteran
Reaction score
The other good thing about the 2nd round pick is that depending on compensatory picks and if we were to trade down for extra picks you could package it with some later picks and jump back into first round and grab a very good player who for whatever reason had slid into bottom of first round.

Shuesters2

Wind Breaker
Reaction score
Top of round two,

If Eli Manning is available maybe we should take him.

Shuesters:thumbup:

azdad1978

Championship!!!!
Reaction score
If CB Poole and DT Randy Starks slipped to the second round either one of those two will be good picks.

spanky1

Reaction score
I think that Odum,Starks,Robinson and Vilma will be available at #33. Of this group, I'll take them all.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's way to early to tell but, I'm going out on a limb and saying JP Losman sneaks into the second round and will be the biggest name to fall out of the first round.

Reaction score
I am guessing Starks and Dockett like most dts will rocket up the board come draft day. Wouldn't be surprised if Starks's going top ten.

In general I think the best player historically in the second round is the best guard or center. Last year you had Steinbach who would have been the best player in the second round if it wasn't for a guy named Boldin.
This year I think you could gamble a decent shot on either Carey or Snee. The latter is IMO maybe top 15 talentwise in the draft disregarding positions.

A surprise pick may be Bob Sanders in the second or third round. He would have been mentioned as a cant miss safety if he was three inches taller. Spotting him he can flat out play.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05