Whose QB will look the best in our first game

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Cam Newton threw for 422 yards against us.

Cam's 2nd highest total for the season.

Vince Young threw for 387, the second highest total of his career. Jay Cutler threw for 369 yards against us. The 3rd highest of his career. Matt Schaub had his 7th best passing day ever vs Arizona. Aaron Rodgers his best ever in the '09 playoffs.

The Cards are good at that sort of thing.

SeaHawk2001

Reaction score
hard to say imo. wilson wont be asked to do alot. It is his first game, and the FO realizes that and they wont ask him to throw 35 times in his first game. And we wont need to. Our run game and D will keep AZ in check, and wilson will be asked to more or less manage this game and not make any major mistakes. i see the stats as something like

wilson;
15/20 250 yds 1 td
55 yds rushing 1 td
skelton:
22/35 290 yds 1 td 2 int
11 yds rushing

the difference will be the running game and turnovers, which i feel we have the advantage in. over the last 8 games last season lynch was the most productive back in the league. and now we've had a full offseason with this new blocking scheme and coach and our oline is healthy. also our run D is better than AZ atleast by last years account, and it stands to reason we got better this year with our additions. Should be a good game either way.

heres to a injury free game. go hawks!

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
hard to say imo. wilson wont be asked to do alot. It is his first game, and the FO realizes that and they wont ask him to throw 35 times in his first game. And we wont need to. Our run game and D will keep AZ in check, and wilson will be asked to more or less manage this game and not make any major mistakes. i see the stats as something like

wilson;
15/20 250 yds 1 td
55 yds rushing 1 td
skelton:
22/35 290 yds 1 td 2 int
11 yds rushing

the difference will be the running game and turnovers, which i feel we have the advantage in. over the last 8 games last season lynch was the most productive back in the league. and now we've had a full offseason with this new blocking scheme and coach and our oline is healthy. also our run D is better than AZ atleast by last years account, and it stands to reason we got better this year with our additions. Should be a good game either way.

heres to a injury free game. go hawks!

Wow... Wilson "wont be asked to do a lot", so he will have a tame game of over 300 all purpose yards, complete 75% of his passes, score 2 TDs and commit no turnovers.

Yeah, save the big steps for later. By roughly week 5 he should be thoroughly destroying most NFL records though, assuming he stays healthy.

You Seattle homers are in a league of you're own.

Last edited:

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I agree with most of what has been said, except for:

**Arizona has all-around better backs than Seattle?? Ahem-think again. If Beanie Wells finally reaches his supposed potential this year and rushes for 1400 and 18 TD's then MAYBE I will put him in the same class as Marshawn Lynch, but until then, he's just another Jonathan Stewert/Deangelo Williams to me.

**I suppose I can agree that it will be a fairly low scoring affair, but how in the world is this stagnant AZ offense planning on moving the ball, let alone putting up the 21-28 points against this scary-fast Seahawks defense that it is going to take to win this ball game?

It's a pretty cocky bunch over here at ASFN.

Either way, I think it's gonna be a dirty, exciting game that comes down to the wire and I simply cannot wait.

No no, let's keep playing the potential scenario which some are doing with Wilson because the Cards have a back named Ryan Williams as well who very possibly might be a better back than Beanie :) Put it this way. If the first game was in Seattle, I would say Hawks. Game in Arizona, I say Cards. No one really knows though, it's the first game between two teams that did not make the playoffs for assorted reasons and that makes anyone claiming facts of who wins is just guessing. Five games into the season, then one can start making some predictions worth anything.

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I've said this before, but it bears repeating: part of what makes this site great is knowledgeable football fans writing opinions. If everyone waited for every game to be played--or five games into the season--it turns into nothing more than bad reporting after the fact.

Part of being a great football fan is speculation, anticipation, and expectation. It's relatively easy to report things after the games.

Last edited:

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I've said this before, but it bears repeating: part of what makes this site great is knowledgeable football fans writing opinions. If everyone waited for every game to be played--or five games into the season--it turns into nothing more than bad reporting after the fact.

Part of being a great football fan is speculation, anticipation, and expectation. It's relatively easy to report things after the games.

True. It cracks me up to see people come on ASFN and post that we don't know anything so it's just speculation and we will have to wait and see and then as soon as a game is over post that's in the past time to move on.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do the Seahawks have any receivers or TEs for the kid to throw to? He will be playing his first game in the NFL on the road. Cards fans should be loud which will make things hard on the Hawks OL. Cards Defense is much better at this point than they were last year.

Skelton is playing at home but is behind a makeshift OL. He has the best WR in the league. This isn't Skelton's first rodeo.

I've got to go with Skelton in this one base on a Rookie QB on the road against a solid defense in a very loud hostile stadium.

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Marshawn will have a good game if they use him to beat the blitz. However, if we can get some of Horton's complex blitzes and coverages moving like they were at the end of last season, Wilson is going to have a tough day. Cam beat us badly because we were running on inexperience at both DB and in the schemes, and because Cam is a monster athlete. Wilson doesn't have the arm Cam does, but he is elusive.

I think if the plays are called well, and Skelton gets the ball out quickly as often as possible, Skelton looks better than Wilson, though it may only be a marginal difference.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Of course there is the big UNKNOWN of how the Replacement Refs will factor into things???

safe.gif

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did Seattle find their Max Hall at QB??? Sounds like Wilson showed a lot of Moxie during the preseason!

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Did Seattle find their Max Hall at QB??? Sounds like Wilson showed a lot of Moxie during the preseason!
Except Wilson has a lot more arm strength and mobility than Max Hall. I think Wilson is a small QB that actually has a chance to be pretty good.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The rookie, its cardinal tradition to be worked over by people with no experience.

SeaHawk2001

Reaction score
Do the Seahawks have any receivers or TEs for the kid to throw to? He will be playing his first game in the NFL on the road. Cards fans should be loud which will make things hard on the Hawks OL. Cards Defense is much better at this point than they were last year.

Skelton is playing at home but is behind a makeshift OL. He has the best WR in the league. This isn't Skelton's first rodeo.

I've got to go with Skelton in this one base on a Rookie QB on the road against a solid defense in a very loud hostile stadium.

Well we don't have a Fitz. But I believe with a healthy rice, Baldwin and Edwards, along with TE miller we should be fine. Not saying they are top 5 receiving core but enough to keep the D honest.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Well we don't have a Fitz. But I believe with a healthy rice, Baldwin and Edwards, along with TE miller we should be fine. Not saying they are top 5 receiving core but enough to keep the D honest.

Are Rice and Miller actually healthy? I haven't been following Seattle much, to be honest.

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
I don't know about looks- but Skelton could punt Wilson about half the field! Little fast guy against Paul Bunyun! should be cute.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rice is OVERRATED and has had one decent year of football his entire career. And that was arguably with the best QB of all time playing out of his absolute mind that year.

Edwards has played any meaningful football in almost two years and is as inconsistent a player at the position that there has ever been.

There is a reason Seattle kicked the tires on TO.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Even healthy, thats a really bad group of receivers. Edwards has some of the worst hands in football and gets waived annually, Baldwin is a slot receiver, Rice has been garbage for 4 of the 5 years of his career and cant stay on the field.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
I'll go ahead and vote for Kevin Kolb. He'll look better holding a clipboard than the two guys getting destroyed on the field. :D

SeaHawk2001

Reaction score
Are Rice and Miller actually healthy? I haven't been following Seattle much, to be honest.

From everything I've read they are healthy. Rice had his shoulder surgeries and he put on some muscle but he's been slowly easing back into the flow. Him staying healthy is a different story. Miller had a ding in preseason but they kept him out as just precautionary. Edwards has made some good plays in preseason. His real advantage will b in the redzone IMO. As I mentioned in a different thread I don't expect them to ask to much of Wilson. We will try to use the run game and have the D give us TO and good field position. Wilson will.b asked to move the chains and avoid mistakes these first few games. I think he can handle that

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
The Seahawks or the Cards QB and why, that is the question?

If we lose the first game we are in deep do do as the schedule looks horrible for the Cards. We could end up 0-5 unless we find some mojo. It sort of comes down to Skelton and who he is. I hope this season is not lost before it hardly begins. Things are not looking good for us me thinks.

52brandon

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Whiz sucks at calling plays. I think SEA's QB will look better. But our D and STs may just keep us in it...

Crazy Canuck

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Whiz sucks at calling plays. I think SEA's QB will look better. But our D and STs may just keep us in it...

Whiz doesn't call plays, he relays them from the O-coordinator with the option to change.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05