Attachments

• rush1.gif
    rush1.gif
    2 KB · Views: 126

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
So how do you explain this in a 35-17 Lions win.

ATT YDS TD LG
S. Bryson 1 77 1 77
K. Jones 26 58 2 14 (is this a misprint?)
A. Pinner 9 32 1 7
J. Harrington 1 2

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
Duckjake said:
So how do you explain this in a 35-17 Lions win.

ATT YDS TD LG
S. Bryson 1 77 1 77
K. Jones 26 58 2 14 (is this a misprint?)
A. Pinner 9 32 1 7
J. Harrington 1 2

Hell I'd take 58 yards from our running back. Our running game is so bad that our leading rusher is lucky to have 40.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Evil Ash said:
Hell I'd take 58 yards from our running back. Our running game is so bad that our leading rusher is lucky to have 40.

26 carries...something neither of our running backs have even thought about getting.

jrjbritt

Registered
Reaction score
our Rb's ( whoever the starter is ) needs to get 20-25 touches a game.. period.. this has to happen.. we cant go one passing like we do without running more...

fix it GREEN

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
Evil Ash said:
Thats true also. We do seem to give up on the running game early
We actully did keep running the ball all game this time. We were very bad but never game up.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
BEERZ said:
We actully did keep running the ball all game this time. We were very bad but never game up.

17 rushes combined for JJ and Shipp is not keeping running the ball.

Starter should get 18-20 carries and backup should get 5-10. If we can unleash this running game, our offense will be unstoppable.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
PLEASE guys

We pushed our running attack about as much as one can endure even when we know damn well we where not get any yards. I'm proud of the rest of the team's performance but our run blocking doesn't even exist.

RedViper

Registered
Reaction score
We lost this almost entirely because we have no running game. Our Redzone offense is a friggin joke because of it. Our team is like a ridiculous experiment to see if an NFL team can succeed with no running game at all. Contrast our redzone follies with Carolina from 5 yards out. The run on first down get three and a half. Run on second down, right into the endzone. The way a legitmate team would. Our disastrous experiment has proven: We can generate a lot of offense. We can kick field goals. We can even score a touchdown or two. But even on a great day for us, like today, we are more often than not going to lose. We might get lucky and win here and there, but we are looking at, at best, a 6 win season. And more likely a four win season or less. We are ridiculous. Another total wipeout Cardinals football season.

Metcalf Rules

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Will we even have 1,000 yards rushing as a team this year?

Thank goodness for the 15 yard rush by Shipp, otherwise he'd have 12 carries and 7 yards. YIKES!

OP
OP
vince56

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Metcalf Rules said:
Will we even have 1,000 yards rushing as a team this year?

1000? We'll be lucky if one of these guys hits 500. Heck, they collectively might not hit 500 the way it's going now.

once again :bang:

Run the damn ball!!! Block your man!! Sustain your block!!!

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
RedViper said:
We lost this almost entirely because we have no running game. Our Redzone offense is a friggin joke because of it. Our team is like a ridiculous experiment to see if an NFL team can succeed with no running game at all. Contrast our redzone follies with Carolina from 5 yards out. The run on first down get three and a half. Run on second down, right into the endzone. The way a legitmate team would. Our disastrous experiment has proven: We can generate a lot of offense. We can kick field goals. We can even score a touchdown or two. But even on a great day for us, like today, we are more often than not going to lose. We might get lucky and win here and there, but we are looking at, at best, a 6 win season. And more likely a four win season or less. We are ridiculous. Another total wipeout Cardinals football season.

That is a posting masterpiece :thumbup:

At this rate we might as well call our offense the run and shoot sans the run.

It's a hideous abberation that no team has ever tried before and the sad thing is it's almost working.

It's that close and if we had anything to give even a whiff of fear from the possiblity that we could indeed run a screen or a draw it would work.

During the bye week if I'm this staff and I'm smart I make them practice screens and draws until they cry for their mommy.

Then if it dosen't work I just hang myself at halftime to protest.