Why does anyone believe

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That Marion or Diaw have good trade value?

Why?

Well Marion has slightly negative trade value. You will have to take a lesser player to ditch him.

Diaw has massive negative trade value. Your only hope is that he somehow recaptures last year and becomes the guy we paid him to be.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score

Why?

Well Marion has slightly negative trade value. You will have to take a lesser player to ditch him.

Diaw has massive negative trade value. Your only hope is that he somehow recaptures last year and becomes the guy we paid him to be.

Neither one of them is tradeable. Might be able to get SOMETHING for Marion- probably nobody better, but all you're gonna get for Boris is a double cheeseburger and small fries from McDonald's.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score

Why?

Haven't I been saying that all season?

That said, I think Marion, Barbosa and the #5 for Garnett is not a complete impossibility. Garnett's salary is so huge that his trade value isn't astronomically high.

arwillan

The King
Reaction score
marion has trade value to certain teams. in game 5 he showed how he can play if he is called upon to be the leader. he has been playing as ubordinate role with the suns and hasnt been able to do what he is capable of.

OP
OP
Chris_Sanders

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Marion doesn't have negative trade value at all.

Worst case is he is a short contract.

I absolutely disagree. If you think he sucks and folds in every playoff series and he makes too much money...

You don't think the guys who watch other teams for a living think that as well?

mribnik

Reaction score
If Garnett wants to be traded and the Twolves want to trade him, the Suns could easily get him. Look at what the Lakers got for Shaq.

OldDirtMcGirt

Reaction score
Marion still has decent trade value. Diaw on the other hand is reaching Artest level.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Also Barbosa's trade value is very high, it will be in fact NEVER be higher than it is right now most likely.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
The only way anybody will take Marion and give you something good in return is if we include draft pics, and they way this year's draft is shaping up- I'd rather keep our pics.

OP
OP
Chris_Sanders

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also Barbosa's trade value is very high, it will be in fact NEVER be higher than it is right now most likely.

I gladly admit Barbosa's value is high.

There is no way that Barbosa and Marion=Garnett. Eric is right that if the Suns get the #4 or #5 it is a small possibility but nothing more.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
We could maybe get Rashard Lewis and Ray Allen for the right combination of Marion plus some of Bell/Diaw/Barbosa/Thomas.

Would make us much better in the halfcourt, wouldn't take too much away from our open court game either but it wouldn't fix our size problem on the frontline. We need a quality big man next to Amare.

Thomas did a nice job if only he could be younger, a bit more effective offensively and challenge shots. Too bad that would be a near allstar caliber player like Jermaine O'Neal or Pau Gasol.

Pretty sure we could get JO for maybe as little as Barbosa and Thomas.

Remember that Rashard Lewis/Seattle scenarios were from last offseason and the Suns were also interessted in Allen apparently. Maybe we can get something done this time.

OP
OP
Chris_Sanders

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You could probably get Rashard Lewis for Marion and a lesser pick.

Now that is a realistic trade.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
I gladly admit Barbosa's value is high.

There is no way that Barbosa and Marion=Garnett. Eric is right that if the Suns get the #4 or #5 it is a small possibility but nothing more.

I don't know, Chris- if Kevin wants out Marion, Barbosa and a high pick might do the trick, depending on what other teams have to offer.

arwillan

The King
Reaction score
We could maybe get Rashard Lewis and Ray Allen for the right combination of Marion plus some of Bell/Diaw/Barbosa/Thomas.

Would make us much better in the halfcourt, wouldn't take too much away from our open court game either but it wouldn't fix our size problem on the frontline. We need a quality big man next to Amare.

Thomas did a nice job if only he could be younger, a bit more effective offensively and challenge shots. Too bad that would be a near allstar caliber player like Jermaine O'Neal or Pau Gasol.

Pretty sure we could get JO for maybe as little as Barbosa and Thomas.

Remember that Rashard Lewis/Seattle scenarios were from last offseason and the Suns were also interessted in Allen apparently. Maybe we can get something done this time.
i like the idea of ray allen on the suns. he hasnt won a title yet has he? i doubt the sonics will take him to that point so who better? if we could get rashard and allen to the suns, id be happy. nash can get both of them open looks and ray allen has an absolutely b-e-a utiful shot.

OP
OP
Chris_Sanders

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know, Chris- if Kevin wants out Marion, Barbosa and a high pick might do the trick, depending on what other teams have to offer.

That's the key. I think other teams can put together a better package...especially Chicago and possibly the Lakers.

BTW that is the crux of why I think Rashard is attainable. He is done in Seattle without a doubt.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Kevin Garnett is 31 and makes a lot of money. Seriously I think the Wolves would think about Marion/Barbosa/#24 and #29 and a future pick or something like that, without giving up #4.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
i like the idea of ray allen on the suns. he hasnt won a title yet has he? i doubt the sonics will take him to that point so who better? if we could get rashard and allen to the suns, id be happy. nash can get both of them open looks and ray allen has an absolutely b-e-a utiful shot.

Allen for Marion+ lesser pick- I like it.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Ray Allen has massively negative trade value, much worse than Marion.

He has a huge contract that Seattle would probably love to get rid off and hasn't been healthy lately.

No way in hell would the Suns have to throw in there. Allen's value is much worse than Marion's.

Ray Allen has 3yrs/51M$ remaining on his contract.

Last edited:

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
Kevin Garnett is 31 and makes a lot of money. Seriously I think the Wolves would think about Marion/Barbosa/#24 and #29 and a future pick or something like that, without giving up #4.

Yeah, but as Chris pointed out- other teams (such as Chicago) might be able to offer more for Garnett.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
That's the key. I think other teams can put together a better package...especially Chicago and possibly the Lakers.

No, they can't. Chicago can't make the salaries match unless they include several core players, which they won't do. And the Lakers have only Odom and Bynum, without a high pick to throw in.

If the Suns get the Atlanta pick, they can absolutely make the best offer for Garnett. That doesn't mean they can or that Minnesota would take it, but there is no one who would outbid them and only a few teams who could try even if they wanted to.

BTW that is the crux of why I think Rashard is attainable. He is done in Seattle without a doubt.

Lewis takes too many plays off. I'd rather have someone who does everything this board says Marion does -- specifically, move without the ball, cut to open spots on the floor, and make midrange shots.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05