Why doesn't Arizona....

Phill11

The Payphone Man
Reaction score
I know McCown is the Starting QB. But, if he fails, why don't we get a young backup that has some skill. No, lets not waste a first round pick on him either. Let's get Eric Crouch. I mean heck, its a risk, and what do we have to lose? I mean he won the Heisman, so has some skill, and is fast. He may be small, but I'm Sure Leonard Davis wouldn't mind giving Crouch some of his extra weight.

Just a suggestion.

Image this...

"Crouch Deep to Anquan! Touchdown!!!!"

"Crouch Deep To Fitz.... TOUCHDOWN!"

Eh, It could happen.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Crouch sucks ass, do you realize how many people have one the Heisman who never cut it in the NFL....many, many guys especially QB

Remember the heisman is awarded to the best COLLEGE player, not the player most likely to succeed in the NFL.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Originally posted by Phill11
I know McCown is the Starting QB. But, if he fails, why don't we get a young backup that has some skill. No, lets not waste a first round pick on him either. Let's get Eric Crouch. I mean heck, its a risk, and what do we have to lose? I mean he won the Heisman, so has some skill, and is fast. He may be small, but I'm Sure Leonard Davis wouldn't mind giving Crouch some of his extra weight.

Just a suggestion.

Image this...

"Crouch Deep to Anquan! Touchdown!!!!"

"Crouch Deep To Fitz.... TOUCHDOWN!"

Eh, It could happen.

No offense, but this is is one of your worst posts, possibly worse than some of your cowboy posts. Crouch is a two time quitter, and has no chance of being a starter at quarterback in the NFL. Perhaps we should go after Gino Toretta and Josh Huepel?:rolleyes:

P.S. The cowboys are still the biggest bunch of losers in professional sports.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Re: Re: Why doesn't Arizona....

Originally posted by ASUCHRIS
Perhaps we should go after Gino Toretta and Josh Huepel
Jason White
Carson Palmer
Eric Crouch
Andre Ware
Charlie Ward
Danny Wuerffel
Chris Weinke
Gino Torretta

Are all the Qb's that have won the Heisman over the last 15 years. Can you tell me which ones are still starting in the NFL?

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: Why doesn't Arizona....

Originally posted by Ryanwb
Jason White
Carson Palmer
Eric Crouch
Andre Ware
Charlie Ward
Danny Wuerffel
Chris Weinke
Gino Torretta

Are all the Qb's that have won the Heisman over the last 15 years. Can you tell me which ones are still starting in the NFL?

All of them? Oh wait....

Capital Card

The Kobayashi of Kool-Aid
Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: Why doesn't Arizona....

Jason White
Carson Palmer
Eric Crouch
Andre Ware
Charlie Ward
Danny Wuerffel
Chris Weinke
Gino Torretta

Isn't Charlie Ward a starter for one of them Texas teams?

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: Re: Why doesn't Arizona....

Originally posted by Capital Card
Isn't Charlie Ward a starter for one of them Texas teams?

yeah, in the NBA

OP
OP
Phill11

Phill11

The Payphone Man
Reaction score
No, listen to me guys. Why not give him a shot? I mean, the Cardinals have NOTHING to lose. It's not like he's going to play much. I would rather see him, a young speedy player, instead of Shaun King as a backup. I mean Crouch, yes, It was kinda stupid for him to quit because he wasn't going to get a shot at being a Quarterback. But still, he has some shot at being good. Well, IMO at least.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
No, listen to me guys. Why not give him a shot? I mean, the Cardinals have NOTHING to lose. It's not like he's going to play much. I would rather see him, a young speedy player, instead of Shaun King as a backup. I mean Crouch, yes, It was kinda stupid for him to quit because he wasn't going to get a shot at being a Quarterback. But still, he has some shot at being good. Well, IMO at least.

Dude, seriously....Crouch sucks ass and he has quit TWICE, he garners no respect. He is a pussyboy

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score

I can't believe you are actually serious about this. Because he is fast? Maybe we should give Gilmore a shot at QB.:rolleyes:

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
The NFL has become a game of value, especially considering the money involved. Turning Preston Parons into a commodity is value. The Iggles turning AJ Feeley (5th round pick) into a second round pick is value.
Eric Crouch running for an occasional first down on some crazy flanker reverse or direct snap shennanigan is not value, especially considering the roster spot (only, what, 48 guys dress on Sundays?) and the extra practice devoted to a handful of plays for one guy.
If he could return punts or kickoffs it would be one thing, but he already showed that he isn't comfortable doing that, and the PR/KR guys need to be fearless, instinctive and very smart with their decisions.

There's always a chance I guess. His best shot at success in the NFL is a specialty weapon, like Dennis Green had in Amp Lee at one point. Dude caught 71 balls out of the backfield (only 69 rushes) and was a dangerous tool. Crouch could similar I suppose. But I doubt it at this point.

OP
OP
Phill11

Phill11

The Payphone Man
Reaction score
Originally posted by SECTION 11
The NFL has become a game of value, especially considering the money involved. Turning Preston Parons into a commodity is value. The Iggles turning AJ Feeley (5th round pick) into a second round pick is value.
Eric Crouch running for an occasional first down on some crazy flanker reverse or direct snap shennanigan is not value, especially considering the roster spot (only, what, 48 guys dress on Sundays?) and the extra practice devoted to a handful of plays for one guy.
If he could return punts or kickoffs it would be one thing, but he already showed that he isn't comfortable doing that, and the PR/KR guys need to be fearless, instinctive and very smart with their decisions.

There's always a chance I guess. His best shot at success in the NFL is a specialty weapon, like Dennis Green had in Amp Lee at one point. Dude caught 71 balls out of the backfield (only 69 rushes) and was a dangerous tool. Crouch could similar I suppose. But I doubt it at this point.

Maybe Green would say, "You return Punts you get a shot to Q."

I mean Crouch is fast and had a decent arm. I mean he's no Vick or he's no Farve, but he's not a Ryan Leaf here. If we gave him a spot as a QB/WR/ Special Teams, what would we have to lose? I mean he could be versatile. At this point, all he wants is a chance to be a QB. If we gave him that and a few other respoonsibilitys I think he'd work out fine.

OP
OP
Phill11

Phill11

The Payphone Man
Reaction score
Originally posted by ASUCHRIS
I can't believe you are actually serious about this. Because he is fast? Maybe we should give Gilmore a shot at QB.:rolleyes:

He has a decent to above average arm.:rolleyes: And let me guess McCown can run the 40 Meter Dash in 2.1 Seconds, and he can throw 112 yards.:thumbup:

NFL_FAN

NFL_FAN
Reaction score
Maybe Green would say, "You return Punts you get a shot to Q."

I mean Crouch is fast and had a decent arm. I mean he's no Vick or he's no Farve, but he's not a Ryan Leaf here. If we gave him a spot as a QB/WR/ Special Teams, what would we have to lose? I mean he could be versatile. At this point, all he wants is a chance to be a QB. If we gave him that and a few other respoonsibilitys I think he'd work out fine.

Is Crouch your cousin or something? I think he had his shot and blew it. He can go play CFL or Arena league. We can do better for a back up.

AzKarl

Veteran
Reaction score
Crouch sucks ass, do you realize how many people have one the Heisman who never cut it in the NFL....many, many guys especially QB

Remember the heisman is awarded to the best COLLEGE player, not the player most likely to succeed in the NFL.

That's why he's not in the NFL. He sucked too much ass.

lrk27

Veteran
Reaction score
Crouch could not throw the ball in college. Look up his stats. He has way BELOW average arm strength. He was a fast person in a great option offense. I would be in favor of bringing him in to return punts and be an option QB. Not everydown, maybe not ever. But use it in the preseason and make every defense the rest of the year take a week to prepare for the option. On the other hand, the smart move is to never even give him a tryout. He will never make it in the NFL because he is not good enough to be a QB and too stupid to realize that he should try another position. Oh, and he's got no heart. Other than that, I'm all in favor of it.

Metcalf Rules

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

I'm not a huge Shaun King fan, but he has won a playoff game and does have starting experience. He also has stayed in the league, not picked up his ball and left the playground when things didn't go his way.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Our biggest needs -

2 starting corners

A marquis wideout

A pass rusher

A right guard.

Conceivably even a franchise QB like Manning or Roethlisberger.

And you want to focus on replacing McCown with Crouch?

Brevity

Tryin' to get my lap back
Reaction score
Originally posted by JeffGollin
Our biggest needs -

2 starting corners

A marquis wideout

A pass rusher

A right guard.

Conceivably even a franchise QB like Manning or Roethlisberger.

I agree with the needs. Are these listed in order of importance?

I would put a pass rusher first.

Franchise QB (if available)

Then corners.

Next address the right side of the O-line.

Wide out last.