Why Fire D'Antoni? Trade him.

OP
OP
Treesquid PhD

Treesquid PhD

Pardon my Engrish
Reaction score
Kerr said tonight om the radio he would not grant teams permission to talk to D'Antoni. Kerr isn't going to Cuban him away.

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
So who is a better coach that is gonna want to come to Phoenix anyway? Honestly?
We don't really need a better coach right now. The window is closed. We blow it up.
We hire a stop-gap HC to ride out the mediocrity of the next 2 years....then we go out and make a big hire along with bringing in 1 or 2 blue chip free agents.
Just my opinion though.

Cheesewater

(ex-Uriah Heep)
Reaction score
We don't really need a better coach right now. The window is closed. We blow it up.
We hire a stop-gap HC to ride out the mediocrity of the next 2 years....then we go out and make a big hire along with bringing in 1 or 2 blue chip free agents.
Just my opinion though.

I don't think Kerr wants to go straight to mediocre. I think he wants to try to win NOW. He's deluded of course....

nowagimp

Reaction score
I don't think Kerr wants to go straight to mediocre. I think he wants to try to win NOW. He's deluded of course....

I dont think hes deluded, but he has to pretend to be to get sarvers money. This is his way to get into the money, yesir yesir 3 bags full, mr sarver. Kerr probably knows sarver has ditched BC and JC so he needs to defend his choices even more to save face with the public. After all if you keep hiring screwups, sooner or later you will be identified as the screwup.

Last edited:

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Personally, i'm not in favor of watching Nash and Hill's game deteriorate even further next year to the point of pity. Kerr want's to keep the fan$ interested but what's gonna be easier to sell? An old,slow, mentally and physically beat up team of former all-stars.....or go with fresh, young, athletic faces with a bright future ?
The D-Backs sold it pretty well a couple years ago.
BLOW it UP.

YouJustGotSUNSD

Custom User Title!
Reaction score
If we could get toronto's 1st rounder this year for Dantoni I would be very happy.

Ollie

Croissant Eater
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure Ollie has one -- he referred to it recently, but I can't remember the details.

Ollie?
Didn't saw that thread, sorry. That was the deal I referred to :

stan van gundy..after billy donovan backed out of the deal the magic targeted stan van gundy while he still had a front office position with the Heat. they gave up a 2nd rounder for him.
Travis Reed (AP) said:
Van Gundy coached the Heat for more than two seasons, resigning last year but remaining with the team as an adviser to coach Pat Riley.

He was under contract with the Heat for another year, and the Magic had to give Miami one of its three second round picks in the upcoming draft, No. 39. The Heat also have the option of switching first-round picks with Orlando next year, but not if the Magic have a lottery pick. In that case, they could take a second-round selection or other compensation.

Basically, the Heat traded Ron Jeremy to the Magic for two 2nd rounders (2007 and 2008)

Ollie

Croissant Eater
Reaction score
That's because I just finished to smoke my third pack of cigarettes.

Wait until I ate my second baby of the day, you won't believe how cool I am. :)

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kerr said tonight om the radio he would not grant teams permission to talk to D'Antoni. Kerr isn't going to Cuban him away.

It's interesting you mention Cuban. In an arizona central article concerning coaching rumors it mentions that the Suns might be interested in Avery Johnson and the Mavs interested in D'Antoni. Now that is a sobering thought. D'Antoni is exactly the coach the Mavs need and Johnson is exactly the type coach the Suns do not need.

See Link to May 2nd article by Paul Coro:

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/suns/articles/2008/05/02/20080502suns0502.html

Kerr did so again in response to a report in today's New York Daily News that upset him. It said the Suns have contacted recently fired Avery Johnson, a former Kerr teammate in San Antonio and Suns point guard Steve Nash's backup in Dallas.

"Mike's our coach," Kerr said. "I would never, ever call anybody until there is some resolution to our situation."

An NBA source said D'Antoni is first on Dallas' wish list to replace Johnson. Chicago and New York also might be interested in D'Antoni, but Kerr said he would not grant permission to a team seeking to talk to D'Antoni.

Last edited:

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Changing coaches is just a bad idea at this point as we aren't going to get a better coach right now. I don't understand why we just don't bring in some good defensive assistants and maybe someone who could teach Stat to box out and play some freaking D.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Can anyone remember a coach being traded to another team where draft picks were involved? It seems like it has been done before but I can't find an example.
In the '60's, the expansion Mets traded players to the Washington Senators for Gil Hodges, their Manager.

And, with that move, the Miracle Mets were born.

shazaam6

Censor this
Reaction score
Trade D'antoni and Diaw for Dirk and Avery.

2008/2009 Suns
Shaq----Marks
Amare---Skinner
Dirk------Hill---------Tucker
Raja-----Giricek------DJ
Nash-----Barbosa----Draft Pick

Last edited: