Why I hate the San Antonio Spurs!

ransome

Reaction score
I haven't always hated the Spurs, in fact I loved to watch them play during the George Gervin - Artis Gilmore days. Larry Kenon was great.

When the Suns beat them in six games in 1993 I respected the Spurs with David Robinson , but I did not hate them...yet.

I am sure it is not your city I've been there , who can hate a city that has the Alamo downtown.No, it is not that.The team colors don't bother me , the Raiders look good in them. What is it then...
  1. Tim Duncan
    The insect headed cyborg who whines and complains on every call.I did not think NBA basketball could be this boring but Robotron manages to take out all the fun with his complete lack of charisma.My hatred of the San Antonio Spurs starts with the only person in the world that ******* more than my wife, which is no small feat.
  2. Greg Popovich
    Mr Personality himself, this wispy haired, clay face coach is a master at teaching the finer points of the game such as flopping, whining and of course moaning about every call in every game.According to him, the officials have never gotten one call against his team correct for the last 8 or 9 years.He thinks he can intimidate the refs by barking at them with his guppy sized mouth. Take off the fright wig Greg.
  3. Robert Horry
    There is a lot to hate here, but he is washed up now, who cares.
  4. Bruce Bowen
    There are players that everyone hates unless they are on your team, Danny Ainge for example.Bowen is that rare exception, I would still hate him if he was on my team. Hands down the dirtiest player in the league , that is a proud legacy.
  5. Tony Parker
    I did not start out hating Tony and I don't envy him his girlfriend. It was the inevitable stink of the other Spurs players(see above:Duncan, Horry, Bowen) that rubbed off on Tony. His scarred cherub face now makes me queasy.
  6. Michael Finley
    Man ,has his game deteriorated, if his jumper is not on, he is a ghost.It is hard for me to hate a player who is a shell of their former selfs.Exception is Horry: see above.
  7. Manu Ginobli
    Fracaso, Fracaso , Fracaso , Fracaso. Fracaso is the Spanish word for flop. The flopping king will try to flop at least 4 times per game. Los fracasos de Ginobli tienen gusto de un pescado.
  8. The subs
    They are Spurs and that is enough. I hate them all.
I am not saying who will win the series , I am just saying that I hate the spurs and always hope they lose every game.

You must be registered for see images

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Strike 2...

I gave him a pass on this one. He already had it posted before he even got strike 1 and at least he talks a little basketball in this one. Still, it generally should go in the smack thread.

Irish

Registered
Reaction score
I am not a fan of the constant contact style of defense the Spurs play. Apparently the refs prefer teams to be really physical from the starting whistle rather than picking it up later on; which means not calling all the bumping and grinding that defines the Spurs. Whenever the refs call the game tightly at the start, the Spurs freak out and start pouting.

Suns fans are put into a catch 22 on the whole subject of the constant contact style of play. If we say it's the Spurs fault, then we are told it is up to the refs. If we blame the refs, we are accused of promoting a conspiracy theory. IMHO, it doesn't matter who's to blame, but watching the number of "non-calls" when Nash is being beat up gets pretty frustrating.

Drop D

Striving for the Penultimate
Reaction score
How can you leave out Oberto? His game is pure trash. He should really get that inner-ear problem looked at. His flopping reached its crescendo during last years playoffs. It would have been pretty funny if everything else was not happening.

One of the frustrating aspects about their game, is that many times their actions aren't geared towards the game, but towards the officials. Flopping leaves you in a bad position to defend (on your ass). You see them take shots that have little chance of going in just to try to take a foul. Certainly not "fundamental" basketball.

I predict that Shaq is going to send a message early with an elbow. I am so glad we have him on the roster. The intimidation factor alone helps the Suns. I just don't see the events that unfolded last year happening to a team with Shaq.