Why is SNL still on TV?

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
This show is horrible and has not been good for a long time.
You said it! This current version of a previously awesome show makes me believe there are pot heads around the world that can come up with better stuff they throw on today. My bad, they already do.
SNL used to be funny. Music on it used to be good as well but that's not their fault.:D

Matt L

formerly known as mattyboy
Reaction score
1. It is a good show to watch on DVR so you can fast forward the commercials and the crappy skits.

2. I think that there is at least one or two funny skits per episode though. Last week with Jim Carrey, I enjoyed the hair replacement commercial and the psychic who was a celebrity impersonator.

3. There is really no other type of show on television.

4. What would you replace it with?

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Once upon a time, the comedy was edgy and good. Now it's nothing but sophomoric fart and sex jokes.

azsportsfan01

Registered
Reaction score
Hey the Pee Wee/Intervention Digital Short was well worth having one of the most irritating people on earth host last week.

Someone sent that to me yesterday, hilarious. As I said in a different SNL thread I can't stand the show anymore and just have friends send me clips that are funny, 90% of which are Andy Samburg.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I agree about watching it on DVR. Its best when you have the power to skip through the nonsense. Some of the skits are really funny and witty, then others are just so stupid that you wonder how the host even agree'd to do them. It's almost like they are getting high all week and thinking; "Dude this is gonna be sooooo funny bro." and then when Saturday comes everyone is going; "why did we just do that? It wasn't funny at all!" Weekend update has gone seriously downhill too, IMO Seth Myers isn't funny enough to do it alone and the bits they come up with are garbage.

That being said I'd watch it just for the digital shorts, Andy Samberg is indeed a very funny man.

The black swan skit when Jim Carey hosted was pretty dang funny too.

Kristen Wiig is hot.

I'm more of a Nasim Pedrad fan myself. I think she is beautiful on top of being very funny.

You must be registered for see images

Last edited:

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The show for the most part is not that funny but every once in awhile has a really funny part.

Last edited:

earthsci

That Rapscallion!!
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Meh, everyone complained when Chevy Chase left that it wasn't as good. Then the Piscopo and Murphy cast sucked. Then the Lovitz and Miller cast sucked. Then the Carvey and Hartman cast sucked. Then the McDonald and Spade cast sucked. Then the Falon and Ferrell cast sucked. Then the Fey and Poehler cast sucked.

The show ebbs and flows. Some shows are great and some are boring. The cast now has some very funny comedians (Hader, Myers, Samberg, Sudeikis, Thompson & Wiig).

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Meh, everyone complained when Chevy Chase left that it wasn't as good. Then the Piscopo and Murphy cast sucked. Then the Lovitz and Miller cast sucked. Then the Carvey and Hartman cast sucked. Then the McDonald and Spade cast sucked. Then the Falon and Ferrell cast sucked. Then the Fey and Poehler cast sucked.

The show ebbs and flows. Some shows are great and some are boring. The cast now has some very funny comedians (Hader, Myers, Samberg, Sudeikis, Thompson & Wiig).
You make some valid points, but, in my opinion, none of those comedians is that funny.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Watching right now, this new guy Jay Pharoah does the most hilarious, spot-on impressions that I have seen in a loooong time. He does a Denzel that is so perfectly training day that it kills me and his Jay Z, honestly he could record an album and nobody would ever know the difference.

He's a really talented dude and definitely a bright spot for an SNL cast that is not exactly their best.

Here's him (as Will Smith) interviewing himself (as Denzel Washington)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqZGGqO6Eu0&feature=related

Ghraxx

Reaction score
weekend updates is the only part that i really look forward to anymore

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think Abby looks good..

You must be registered for see images

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You make some valid points, but, in my opinion, none of those comedians is that funny.

Bill Hader is that funny.

You aren't that funny if you don't think he's that funny. That's funny, huh?

Funny is a funny word.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05