Why My Gut Tells Me Not to Bet the Farm That Salisbury's Our QB Coach

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He was supposed to interview today. So I figured there'd be some word one way or the other on ESPN's NFL Tonite.

On that show, they led with Marino's signing as VP Player Personnel with the Dolphs. And then they came back later and essentially repeated the Marino piece a second time.

I think one of the two segments may have been set aside for the Salisbury story if and when it broke. Since it didn't, they expanded on the Marino story.

Now watch Sean make me look like a fool by signing later this evening.

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
Well, Marino is a slightly bigger story than Salisbury, not by much, tho since they were both great QB's! :D

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
He said on the show last week that he would make his decision "soon" after the interview, so I figure he probably wants a day or two to think about it/talk it over with his wife/get a counter offer from ESPN or whatever.

I'm sure we will hear something tomorrow or the next day at the latest.

HeavyB3

Unregistered User
Reaction score
I heard him on ESPN Radio on Sirius on Saturday night. The way he was talking, it sounded like he was definatly taking the job. He was talking about taken a QB in the draft, working with Blake and McCown and the new stadium. Then he would add a little disclaimer saying "If i Take the job"

Callers were asking him if he planned on staying with ESPN to do some articles if he got the job and he said "Of course i will still do articles" or something to that effect. I'm betting he's as good as here.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Any news?

...about any of our staff?

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
Well, he's scheduled to depart back to CT on Wednesday. It was either a verrrry lonnnnnng interview (2 days) or it was already fait acompli and he's just going over things with Denny (or watching film of our QBs).

arthurracoon

The Cardinal Smiles
Reaction score
Originally posted by DeAnna
Well, he's scheduled to depart back to CT on Wednesday. It was either a verrrry lonnnnnng interview (2 days) or it was already fait acompli and he's just going over things with Denny (or watching film of our QBs).

CT? Is that Connencticituit

AZCardsWin

Our waiting is over!
Reaction score
This is the ONE COACH that I really want the Cardinals to land. Unlike other retired QBs around the league this guy has been beaking down game film and studying the players for the past few years for a major TV network. Not only will that be helpful in developing our young QBs but it will also be VERY helpful for them as Salisbury can help with the overall gameplan to.

Go Cards/ America!
Tim

:wave: :thumbup: :wave: :thumbup: :wave: :thumbup:

jrjbritt

Registered
Reaction score
I TOTALLY AGREE AZCARDSWIN... I THINK HE WILL BE ONE OF THE BEST ASSESTS FOR THIS TEAM AND THE YOUNG QB'S.. ALSO HIS HELP WITH GAME PLANNING WILL BE A MAJOR BUST.. AFTER WATCHING AND BREAKING DOWN THE VARIUOS TEAMS FOR YEARS, THERE IS A LOT OF KNOWLEGDE THEIR.. HE IS A VERY DETAILED ORIENTED PERSON, AND THAT IS HAT THIS TEAM NEEDS.. DETAILED INSTRUCTIONS AND DRILLS.

GO CARDS

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
Originally posted by AZCardsWin
This is the ONE COACH that I really want the Cardinals to land. Unlike other retired QBs around the league this guy has been beaking down game film and studying the players for the past few years for a major TV network. Not only will that be helpful in developing our young QBs but it will also be VERY helpful for them as Salisbury can help with the overall gameplan to.

I agree also. I hope the length of time it is taking him to decide isn't a bad sign. I'm getting a bad vibe that he will be staying at ESPN.

Hope I'm wrong though.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by AZCardsWin

Why not then advocate bringing Mark Malone or Phil Sims in, or, a better analyst and student of the game, IMO, Jaws?

Salsbury may be breaking down game tape, but is he reviewing QB mechanics? Does he know how to tell WHY something isn't working in a player's release or footwork or timing? Maybe he does, but I really don't think that being an analyst makes that much of a difference in this case.

If it were, he should know how to build a great "battle 'bot."

I'm neutral on Salsbury. If he's with us, fine, if not, that's fine too.