Why the Cardinals will win. Period.

1DS

Registered
Reaction score
Panther fans like to bring up the fact that they just held the #1 offense (total yards) to 7 points. Period. That's great, but the Saints offense is completely different than ours. Period. They are a speed offense that relies on the deep ball and short screen passes to superstar 3rd down back Reggie Bush. Period. The Cardinals will spread the field and have Warner disect the opposition. Period. Fitz/Boldin are a different type of WR than what the Saints have. Period. They want to be physical and will beat the defender to the ball underneath. Period. Fitz will out leap any DB when we throw a jump ball down the field. Period.

Cards: 56
Panthers: 0

Period. Period. Period.

Last edited:

pnthrfan

Reaction score
Panther fans like to bring up the fact that they just held the #1 offense (total yards) to 7 points. Period. That's great, but the Saints offense is completely different than ours. Period. They are a speed offense that relies on the deep ball and short screen passes to superstar 3rd down back Reggie Bush. Period. The Cardinals will spread the field and have Warner disect the opposition. Period. Fitz/Boldin are a different type of WR than what the Saints have. Period. They want to be physical and will beat the defende to the ball underneath. Period. Fitz will out leap and DB when we throw a jump ball down the field. Period.

Cards: 56
Panthers: 0

Period. Period. Period.

Yea, I'm kind of a homer too.

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
I'll tell you what the key is and it really is the only key to the game.

If the Cardinals can keep Warner upright and give him time I don't care how good their secondary is. We will carve them up. I am scared as hell of Deuce and Levi giving Peppers a free pass to the QB on Sunday and at that point we might not even get the 7 Saints did.

But I think the best thing that could have happened was Peppers blowing up and having a big game. Now the coaching staff is going to be chipping and doubling up on him and the rest of the D-line doesn't really scare me.

If we can keep Peppers in check then its smooth sailing IMO.

And Otah and Kalil sitting out is good news. The Saints have no where near the pass rush we do and I doubt Big Bridges is going to look like an All Pro this Sunday.....

pnthrfan

Reaction score
Last edited:

football karma

Michael snuggles the cap space
Reaction score
Sporting news had an interesting write up in "scouts take" on the Carolina defense--

vs the Saints, the Panthers played "quarters" -- four DBs across the top. Three LBs (or two LBs and a db in nickle) play different coverages underneath. Pass rush is from the front four. Concept obviously is to keep everything in front of them, let underneath coverage play very aggressive knowing they always have help deep.

Weakness of this is as follows:

if the front four cant pressure, a good Qb can find the soft spots underneath. Qb has to be patient, and take the 7, 8, 9, and 10 yard completions, not get greedy looking for the bigger play.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sporting news had an interesting write up in "scouts take" on the Carolina defense--

vs the Saints, the Panthers played "quarters" -- four DBs across the top. Three LBs (or two LBs and a db in nickle) play different coverages underneath. Pass rush is from the front four. Concept obviously is to keep everything in front of them, let underneath coverage play very aggressive knowing they always have help deep.

if the front four cant pressure, a good Qb can find the soft spots underneath. Qb has to be patient, and take the 7, 8, 9, and 10 yard completions, not get greedy looking for the bigger play.

That has been KW recently.

red desert

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/statistics?stat=team&sort=ypg&pos=off&league=nfl&year=2008&season=2

Not according to ESPN NFL. But I understand where you're coming from. While you're there, check out the overall league defensive stats. And just so you know, all of the teams above us on defense have all played 1 game less. But what ever team makes the fewest mastakes wins.

Hey panthrfan, who are the fans wanted warming up to more, Williams or Steward? In other words, who do you guys think should be starting and/or getting most of the snaps?

OKCardFan

Registered
Reaction score
Thats not 8 TDs It is only 5 TDs and 7 FGs
That's still saying he makes ALL 5 extra points! ;)

Incidently, if Rackers did make 7 FGs Sunday, he would tie the Cardinals record set by Jim Bakken in 1967. And even Bakken missed two in that game - something else Rackers would probably tie (or break)! :)

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score

Which accounts for how aggressive the Panthers are. They should have had 3 or 4 picks against NO not one.

The Cardinals O-line has to keep Julius Peppers from having a monster game. And watch out for tipped balls at the LOS. Panthers excel at that. Heck Lewis got zero penetration on one play and still got a deflection. Of course Drew Brees ain't 7 feet tall either.

I keep thinking this game will decided on the LOS for both sides of the ball.

Mitch

Crawled Through 5 FB Fields
Reaction score
The key to this game...as it has been whenever the Cardinals do well against good teams...is the play of Dockett and Smith. If they are playing like they were against the Cowboys, the Cards' chances are better than good. But...this has been the thing with them...they don't play with equal intensity from week to week...

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
The key to this game...as it has been whenever the Cardinals do well against good teams...is the play of Dockett and Smith. If they are playing like they were against the Cowboys, the Cards' chances are better than good. But...this has been the thing with them...they don't play with equal intensity from week to week...

I dunno Mitch... Yes, it would be nice to have a repeat performance of the Cowboy game from these two, however, I do believe both Dockett and Smith put steady, decent pressure on Favre and yet he was mobile enough, and our secondary is bad enough, that he made them pay dearly... Delhomme is just a mobile isn't he? And Smith and Muhammad are equally, if not better than the WR's the Jets had to light up our secondary, aren't they?

The "key" is to control the ball on offense... Like I said, getting a solid game out of Dockett and Smith would help the cause for sure, however, in the end, the less time the Panthers have the ball the better off we'll be... ;)

pnthrfan

Reaction score
Hey panthrfan, who are the fans wanted warming up to more, Williams or Steward? In other words, who do iyou guys think should be starting and/or getting most of the snaps?

Williams is the starter for now, because Fox likes going with the veterans. The fans like both of them. Stewart is more of a power back, and he never gets tackled by the first defender. He's a bitch to bring down. Williams is quicker on the outside supposidly, but I don't see it. Stewart is quick too. They both have the same yard average. 4.0. Williams has more carries, (103 to 88), and yards (414 to 352). Stewart has more TD's. (5 to 2) Williams TD's were passing, and Stewarts rushing. I see it pretty much staying this way though the season. (if it ain't broke, don't fix it) I'm sure it all depends on the situation who gets the most snaps, but as far as the fans, we love them both equal.

Last edited: