Why We Should Always Wear the Colors

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Central NJ isn't exactly "Cardinal Country."

But within the space of 4 days, I came across 2 positive "Cardinal incidents":

I was walking along Rt. 35 (I had an hour's time to kill while my 91-year old mother-in-law was having her hair done) wearing my white Cardinal bb cap when I heard a shout-out coming from a car as it sped around a jug-handle.

Then, yesterday - while buying fish at my local A&P - the guy behind the counter says: "Arizona Cardinals, right? My Dad's a huge fan."

Moral: "Wear the colors; make new friends; discover other Cardinal fans...because you never know."

1DS

Registered
Reaction score
That's why i have a Cardinals Bumper sticker.

My last run in with a Cardinals fan was right before week 4. I was driving down 495 durring rush hour and this guy pulls up next to me honking his horn like crazy. I thought someone was road-raging on me. I rolled down my window and he says "You're an Arizona Cardinals fan? Me too! We're gonna kill the Steelers this week!". I told him about this site, but I don't think he ever visited.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Central NJ isn't exactly "Cardinal Country."

But within the space of 4 days, I came across 2 positive "Cardinal incidents":

I was walking along Rt. 35 (I had an hour's time to kill while my 91-year old mother-in-law was having her hair done) wearing my white Cardinal bb cap when I heard a shout-out coming from a car as it sped around a jug-handle.

Then, yesterday - while buying fish at my local A&P - the guy behind the counter says: "Arizona Cardinals, right? My Dad's a huge fan."

Moral: "Wear the colors; make new friends; discover other Cardinal fans...because you never know."

You buy fish at A&P??

:shock:

black

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I wear my colors proudly, having to deal with the public and customers, they all know me and talk about the Cards quite often. They pay attention because they know I'm a big fan.

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
I have a black Cardinals cap that I wear pretty much everywhere. Partially because it keeps my hair out of my face, but also because it's a Cards Hat. :lol:

Lloydian

Registered
Reaction score
I'm in the drive through lane at the McDonald's in Surprise (Waddell & Litchfield) when the car in back of me flashes his lights and gives me the thumbs up. I wondered what was wrong with my car until I remembered that my vanity plate reads, "CRDINLS."

I smiled and sent back a thumbs up.

TruColor

Trombonist in Roger Goodell's Wedding Rcpt.
Reaction score
How many times you guys (probably the out-of-state guys mostly) get this when wearing Cards gear?

"Baseball?"
"Louisville?"

Makes me crazy, but I can look at it as an opportunity.

:thumbup:

PortlandCardFan

Reaction score
Out of a 100 plus employee's here at my work, three of us are Cardinal fans! No Joke... Also, my daughters teammate's father is a Card fan.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I seem to get extra attention just because I am the only cardinals fan to be found

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I used to work with vince56 (before this board was around) and we were the only two Cards fans at our work.. And this is in PHX.. We both ended up on this board in different ways.. Thats how I met him though.. At my current job I think the Cards fans out number the rest of the fans there.. Good stuff..

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
I have donned Cardinal red here in Dallas nearly every day since the NFL shop has exploded. I promise you, over half of the clothes in my house have something to do with the Cards. I have sooooo much Cards stuff, I think I funded part Fitz's contract.

nurnay

whatever
Reaction score
I was wearing my red Cards hat this weekend and a guy struck up a conversation at the watering hole with me about them. Pretty cool. I rarely get to talk Cards stuff in person.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
One of my finest Cardinal moments was last year when I was driving to physical therapy the monday after the Steeler game. When I pulled next to a guy who had a big Steeler logo on his rear windshield, I made a point to honk like a lunatic until he looked over at me so that I could point to my Cards hat and smile. He promptly flicked me off and switched lanes.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One of my finest Cardinal moments was last year when I was driving to physical therapy the monday after the Steeler game. When I pulled next to a guy who had a big Steeler logo on his rear windshield, I made a point to honk like a lunatic until he looked over at me so that I could point to my Cards hat and smile. He promptly flicked me off and switched lanes.

I think it is flipped you off, IE flipping the bird.

That Steelers game was a great win to bask in.

Rockstar

Rookie
Reaction score
I've run into a few Cards and ASU fans here in Calgary. I was pretty surprised to say the least. Always nice to see

Stins

Rookie
Reaction score
Jeff, I live in Sparta, NJ and have been a Cardinal fan since 1960. I travel to Phoenix for about 3-4 games per year and will be going to Flagstaff, because the competition will be very intersting at several positions.

My New Jersey Liecence plates are "AZCARDS" and during the season, I fly the Cardinal's Flag that I purchased at South Street Seaport, New York City. I have always thought that it would be nice to have a meeting of the Northeast Cardinal fans sometime before the season starts to discuss the our views of the up coming season.

Jeff, I read your site on aregular basis and enjoy your imput. Maybe we could get together for lunch some day down the Jersey shore, My wife and I go there quite often.

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've run into a few Cards and ASU fans here in Calgary. I was pretty surprised to say the least. Always nice to see

Calgary? Another Canadian resident. Seems like half the people on this board live in Canada or New Jersey. Very sad. My condolences.

OP
OP
JeffGollin

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You buy fish at A&P??

:shock:
Our local A&P just went gourmet Super Store on us (it has to compete with Whole Foods and a Shopright Super Store a few miles up the highway).

Our A & P now has a Starbucks in it and you, among other things, can buy a gazillion variations of hummus.

Note - I ran into another Cardinal fan a year or so ago (I think it may have been Shane) at Whole Foods.

Stins - Perhaps we can hook up at the shore (I have a parking permit for Sea Watch Beach at the north end of Manasquan).

Last edited:

BradMannTX

Puh-shaw
Reaction score
Montgomery, TX -- Birthplace of the Texas Flag!
I don't get that anymore...the team is now getting some love.

I have a Cardinals bumper sticker on my overnight bag and my flight bag that I roll through countless airports each month. I recently went through TUS and a guy came up to me and said, "I've lived in Arizona for 25 years and you're the first Cardinals fan I've met!" -- In TUCSON! I told him that I live in Portland and I'm based in Denver and have been a fan since I was old enough to know what football was -- back to the St. Louis days.

BradMannTX

Puh-shaw
Reaction score
Montgomery, TX -- Birthplace of the Texas Flag!
I have donned Cardinal red here in Dallas nearly every day since the NFL shop has exploded. I promise you, over half of the clothes in my house have something to do with the Cards. I have sooooo much Cards stuff, I think I funded part Fitz's contract.

Keep representing in TX! We lived there for 7 years in Irving and went to every CARDS-DAL game in that time. It's a pretty tough gig...I know.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05