Why We Should Always Wear the Colors

AZCardsWin

Our waiting is over!
Reaction score
Jeff,
Also being from Central New Jersey (Somerset County) I love this subject thread. Just a few weeks ago me and my famly were all going to the Bridgewater Commons Mall one Sunday afternoon. My wife was wondering why I wore my Matt Leinart jersey and dressed our 3 yo son in his Larry Fitzgerald jersey. I told her I was just in the mood to wear football gear but I knew it was a great way to represent the Cardinals with maximum exposure of a mall audience- ha ha.

We should to get together one Sunday and watch a Cards game.

Go Cards!
Tim in NJ
www.myspace.com/prosvsjoes

vinnymac

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
How many times you guys (probably the out-of-state guys mostly) get this when wearing Cards gear?

"Baseball?"
"Louisville?"

Makes me crazy, but I can look at it as an opportunity.

:thumbup:

I live in northwest Arkansas, I get the baseball thing as well. Even when my shirt says arizona cardinals on it. I still get a lot grief from the guys at work. I get the lines "You can't be serious." " You are a Cardinals fan?"
"you actually paid for that" "You go out in public with that stuff on"

They really gave me some grief when I hung a picture of Jim Hart on my office wall.

The best way to shut nay sayers up is to start talking about the old Jim hart & Neil Lomax days. Do not let them get a word in edge wise. After a couple of minutes into your story, they begin to drift away.

BradMannTX

Puh-shaw
Reaction score
Montgomery, TX -- Birthplace of the Texas Flag!
I live in northwest Arkansas, I get the baseball thing as well. Even when my shirt says arizona cardinals on it. I still get a lot grief from the guys at work. I get the lines "You can't be serious." " You are a Cardinals fan?"
"you actually paid for that" "You go out in public with that stuff on"

They really gave me some grief when I hung a picture of Jim Hart on my office wall.

The best way to shut nay sayers up is to start talking about the old Jim hart & Neil Lomax days. Do not let them get a word in edge wise. After a couple of minutes into your story, they begin to drift away.

Despite overnighting in SDF during the KY derby, I've mostly gotten "the St. Louis Cardinals rule!" "I've been a fan since Mark McGuire!"

BITE MY BIG WHITE BUTT!

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Re showing the colors - Thaku's Men's Big and Tall in Peoria, AZ has a good selection of large size Cards stuff. Bought a red cotton Polo with Arizona Cardinals and embroided bird in 3x tall. Great quality. A little big but cotton shrinks a little.

They also have bigger sizes and lots of t-shirts in 3x and up with tall sizing as well.

They have another store somewhere in Scottsdale or Phoenix.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
We were in San Antonio Monday, Memorial Day, at Six Flags Fiesta Texas and saw a guy wearing a Cardinal cap there. Don't usually see that in San Antonio.

Usually when I ask someone wearing Cardinal gear if they are a fan they say "no the stuff was just cheap so I bought it". :bang:

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am seriously tired of the "you are a Cards' fan? Really?"

Linda and I got that at WalMart the other day. Now that I think about it. I should have told her :mulli:

She would have been forever confused.

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Linda and I got that at WalMart the other day. Now that I think about it. I should have told her :mulli:

I understand. Whenever I hear someone in public making a joke during a serious or somber subject, I think of gang signing them :mulli: or :jefftheshark: but I haven't figured out how to do it yet.

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I thought Linda didn't go to Walmart. :confused:

I bought two youth Cards t-shirts to take back to Jersey when I visit there next month. My godson and cousin will be sporting Cards gear in stupid Giants territory! :)

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not everyone who wears Cards colors is a Cards fan. Met a guy in the bagel shop this morning wearing a Cards T shirt and went over to speak to him. He said he didn't have anything else to wear and that he was a disgruntled Cards fan who couldn't stand the team anymore. Said the name was bad luck and how could you expect to win when your QB was having sex with 14 and 15 year olds. He was a total jerk.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05