Why will this time be different?

DutchmanAZ

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Than when we played Seattle earlier this year? Not trying to be a downer and hope I'm wrong, but I think we're in worse shape than when we played them earlier.
What do you feel will make for a different outcome? I think the outcome will be similar to last time, where our offense can't keep on the field, and our defense gets gassed, and the game is over by the 4th quarter.
My main reason is QB play, although I think we will be able to at times, run the ball. I think they'll stack the box daring us to throw, which is where we'll get in trouble. Hopefully Lindley has the arm ( & accuracy)to beat the cover 3 defense deep?

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The difference? Home field advantage. We've won all 7 games at home this year. The home crowd is a powerful addition to the Cards arsenal.

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
One reason: home field. I expect that place to rumble like it did in the NFC championship. The hype and enormity of this game is already palpable. Take a look at facebook and the rest of social media. Take a look at the ticket prices which START at $150 for nosebleeds. That's more than NFC championship tickets were going for.

I expect the team is dog tired of being held in doubt. They will be the dogs again.

Marshall Faulk is the only guy right on the money, Bruce Arians isn't going to let whoever plays the QB position lose the game.

Take into account that the Packers lost on inexplicably bad play from Rodgers (who is now 0-6 at Buffalo) and hi receivers seemed disinterested in helping him out.

There is destiny in play here.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hopefully homefield advantage combined with the fact we are running the ball much better. I mean running on the Rams in St Louis is not easy yet we did a good job of it.

hopper602

Reaction score
Oline improvement and running game completely changes the dynamic of the offense. We could not run the ball in SEA. They just stacked box and shut down the run and forced Stanton to throw the ball.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Seattle's OL sucks in pass protection... we got to Wilson in Seattle and we are going to get to him even more with the crowd :)

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Home game is the biggest difference. 13-2 at home under Arians (granted one of those losses was to Seattle).

I expect a loud, excited crowd Sunday and the coaching staff game planning specifically for our QB and the opponent. None of this "the system works" nonsense.

b8rtm8nn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
This time won't be any different than the last time Lindley played against Seattle for us - I expect us to be completely obliterated, maybe 58-0 or so.

:stick: :stick: :stick:

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
This time won't be any different than the last time Lindley played against Seattle for us - I expect us to be completely obliterated, maybe 58-0 or so.

:stick: :stick: :stick:

Honestly you are absolutely right. The Seahawks are the hottest team in the NFL, defending champs, they beat us just a few weeks back and at home last year--they are on a roll. What chance do the Cards have with a third string QB and a back up RB? Defensively we may hang for a bit but eventually Russell Wilson (GOAT) will take over and between him and Beast Mode we stand ZERO chance of matching them point for point.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Our house.

The Seahawks beat the 49ers at home by only 10 points just this week. We have a better defense than the 49ers, and we're at home.

I think that we couldn't punt on third down and win this game.

FArting

Lopes Up!
Reaction score
Larry Fitzgerald and home field advanatage

Last time we played Seattle Fitz didn't play.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
-Fitz is healthy

-There's a greater sense of urgency this time around

-We're at home

-Team morale seems to be at an all-time high

-Arians is using the disrespect card to his advantage (see: post Rams remarks from him and the players)

-Running game and o-line are playing much better

That said,

Seattle 13 Arizona 9

Brak

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
For anyone who was at the epic playoff battles against Green Bay or Philly for the NFC title.. you KNOW that Jiffy Pop is going to be ROCKING like a **** and when the crowd is into the game like that, the sky's the limit - I don't care how many starters are down.

I'm looking for an epic defensive battle, with the Cards stealing a gritty 6-3 victory on a late FG by the Catman. BOOK IT!!

Iceman

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Few things-

Home field, D needs to get to Wilson and bring him down, stop Lynch (again), having Fitz's presence, Cards o line better, run game has improved.

If Lindley/Thomas can make some crucial throws/runs and minimize or eliminate TO's, we win this game.

Remember everyone saying the Rams are the hottest team right now and no one wants to play them??? Ahhh, what happened??? Ya, another W in our column. Seattle is the hottest team and no one wants to play them right now...... Ya, we will see about that!! 8-0 at home, which will lead to 11-0 at home!!

Jim Otis

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Than when we played Seattle earlier this year? Not trying to be a downer and hope I'm wrong, but I think we're in worse shape than when we played them earlier.
What do you feel will make for a different outcome? I think the outcome will be similar to last time, where our offense can't keep on the field, and our defense gets gassed, and the game is over by the 4th quarter.
My main reason is QB play, although I think we will be able to at times, run the ball. I think they'll stack the box daring us to throw, which is where we'll get in trouble. Hopefully Lindley has the arm ( & accuracy)to beat the cover 3 defense deep?

While none of us can say it will be different , I certainly believe that it "CAN" be different . Example's --- Early in the year Browns kick the crap out of Bengals , and yesterday ----------- Thanksgiving , Eagles kick the crap out Cowboys , and last night .

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
For anyone who was at the epic playoff battles against Green Bay or Philly for the NFC title.. you KNOW that Jiffy Pop is going to be ROCKING like a **** and when the crowd is into the game like that, the sky's the limit - I don't care how many starters are down.

I'm looking for an epic defensive battle, with the Cards stealing a gritty 6-3 victory on a late FG by the Catman. BOOK IT!!

The crowd helped Max Hall beat the saints. Need I say more?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It will absolutely be different. Second game never breaks down exactly like the first. I think we get more turnovers this game, and that will be the key to keeping it close and/or winning.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
because it HAS TO BE.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

CoachKlein

Rookie
Reaction score
Compared to the last match in sea. Improvements are - run game, fitz, hype of the game (magnitude) extra rest, and of course HOME. Were 7-0 as is the team knows this and regardless of who they play they want to be perfect this season in UoP stadium. Don't forget we had 8 (I believe) dropped passes which have been out weakness in the road even with the wins, and of course one in the endzone on the #'s. Regardless the number 3-4 qb starting isn't comforting but with the upsides I mentioned there is a chance against the nfls hottest team.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
home field .....yes....

last time we met,...the hags were in a win or die situation and we were not.....this time neither of us are,....but if we do not get home field advantage it is highly likely our playoff run ends right out of the blocks.....we have more to play for here.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05