Will D'Antoni Make Adjustments?

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
BTW, the point point guard that would be of interest at 21 is Jarret Jack.

Yes, but can you imagine Joe Johnson, Jim Jackson, and Jarret Jack on the same team? I think I would go insane.

F-Dog

lurker
Reaction score
elindholm said:
BTW, the point point guard that would be of interest at 21 is Jarret Jack.

Yes, but can you imagine Joe Johnson, Jim Jackson, and Jarret Jack on the same team? I think I would go insane.

Get all those guys on the court together during a game, and Al McCoy will be scheduling his retirement ceremony at halftime. :lol:

Lars the Red

aka Thor, God of Thunder
Reaction score
George O'Brien said:
My guess is that the Sun's backup players simply did not play well enough to warrent more minutes. IMHO, the Sun's backup big men were simply not very good and playing more wasn't going to change that.

Playing them less didn't help the starters keep their legs fresher. And the odd thing about not playing them at all is they never really learned how to contribute what they could. You have to get a rhythm, you have to play with guys to find your niche. Sitting them put us in a bad spot down the stretch. Those guys finishing blowouts during the season and getting spot minutes here and there in the playoffs could have made a difference.

OP
OP
George O'Brien

George O'Brien

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lars the Red said:
Playing them less didn't help the starters keep their legs fresher. And the odd thing about not playing them at all is they never really learned how to contribute what they could. You have to get a rhythm, you have to play with guys to find your niche. Sitting them put us in a bad spot down the stretch. Those guys finishing blowouts during the season and getting spot minutes here and there in the playoffs could have made a difference.

It's an interesting question. How many games are you willing to lose in order to keep your starters fresh for the playoffs? Certainly home court advantage proved decisive in the Dallas series and could have been important if it went to seven in the Spurs series. But would fresh legs have helped more?

BTW, I am sure that playing Voskuhl more than spot duty would have lost the team games. Once the Suns discontinued the scramble trap, he has become essentially useless.

My biggest disappointment was how ineffective McCarty proved to be. He had his moments, but he didn't rebound very well and was an erratic shooter. That left the Suns with very fewl options. This season, the trick will be to get role players who can actually contribute.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Broncosfan