Will Raja Get Suspended?

devilfan02

Registered
Reaction score
The way it was reported was no one has heard if he will appeal. With Miami banged up, the game at home, and it only being a one game suspension I find it hard to believe that Raja would appeal his suspension.

While Raja's toughness and aggressiveness are well needed on this team, I agree that sitting out a game will be good for him. He needs to calm down a bit, he's losing his head. Plus, pulling a Dennis Rodman and trying kick someone in the nuts is has bad as it gets. Well, I guess grabbing Kamans caveballs is much much worse

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
Why is that the guy that grabbed Kaman's crotch didn't even get fined? Yet Raja gets a 1 game suspension??

Toner2u

Reaction score
as much as I love the play and hard nose defense Bell brings to the team, I think the suspension is appropriate. While I love what he did to Kobe in standing up to the lakers, thiswas uncalled for and needed to addressed. To me the first kick was just him falling to the floor. However the second kick was pretty lame. Hopefully he'll learn his lesson and yet not loose his edge and defensive tenacity.

green machine

I rule at posting
Reaction score
as much as I love the play and hard nose defense Bell brings to the team, I think the suspension is appropriate. While I love what he did to Kobe in standing up to the lakers, thiswas uncalled for and needed to addressed. To me the first kick was just him falling to the floor. However the second kick was pretty lame. Hopefully he'll learn his lesson and yet not loose his edge and defensive tenacity.

:stupid:

devilfan02

Registered
Reaction score
Why is that the guy that grabbed Kaman's crotch didn't even get fined? Yet Raja gets a 1 game suspension??

Simple, Raja already has a reputation with the league and he knows damn well that if he crosses the line, he'll get suspended. Read :07 Seconds or Less and you'll see what I'm talking about.

Raja was warned before the last years playoffs by the leauge that he was on "double secret probation." He got into a little tussle with a Laker in Game 1 and was tagged with a flagrant 1. Kwame Brown elbowed Diaw in the head and then stood over him with his crotch in his face. What happend to Kwame, nothing.

It's a safe bet that the NBA told Raja that he would be watched closely this season (especially after the Kome incident) and trying to kick someone in the balls clearly crossed the line. Raja clearly has a reputation within the league and he's not helping it

devilfan02

Registered
Reaction score

I agree. Throwing someone to the ground and trying to kick someone in the nuts are 2 completely different things

boisesuns

Standing Tall And Traded
Reaction score

While the NBA said that kind of actions was "Caveman like," they figured since Kaman looks the part, no suspension was warranted.

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
Good, I think he should get afew more. I dont like crap like that period.

Dude is a seven footer maybe Bell did connect you never know j/k...

asudevil83

Reaction score
i want to see a clip of this.

i've heard from a few people that this wasnt so much a "kick" at Bargnani's junk, but kinda like a "watch your step" warning.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it was a kick.

He did it out of frustration, not intent to harm IMO.

Either way, he probably should have been suspended.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's the biggest problem I see with Raja's temper -- if other players know they can get to him with trash talking and goad him into techs, they'll concentrate on doing exactly that and they'll probably step it up in the playoffs.

Msdundee, I think you have hit the nail on the head.

Originally Posted by elindholm
Bargnani didn't do anything to Bell before the groin attack. It was simply a cheap shot.

And Elindholm I think your post was correct as well after thinking about the incident overnight. There is no place in basketball for such behavior towards Bargnani. I really like Raja but the suspension was fair. I'd like to think of Raja not being a cheap shot or a dirty player but I think his anger is getting the most of him this year. I think Raja should perhaps get some help in controlling his anger as it hurts him, the Suns and the NBA. IMO, Raja is basically a very good person and player who doesn't need to take the low road. I guess I always wanted to defend Raja's behavior because I think he is basically a very nice person. The suspension may well be a blessing coming near the mid point in the season. I hope he can right the ship because I really like his intensity and the Suns need him.

Forrestham

Freebird62
Reaction score
As a male that is crossing over the line and he should get suspended. However I did love it when he clubbed Kobe. he does need to learn anger management

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just another comment about the Bargnani incident. I do not defend Raja kicking anyone and now think the suspension is appropriate. However, after watching a replay of the incident (I seen the replay 4 times in the 5-6 PM news tonight on Channel 12 and 10 in Phoenix), I can at least understand why the incident occurred. Bargnani was spread wide both arms and legs looking forward and Raja was directly behind him near the baseline. Then Bargnani started to back Raja directly backwards until Raja fell. However, Bargnani did not stop backing after Raja fell and in fact Bargnani was starting to straddle Raja as he continued to back up. I do not know if Raja reacted out of anger, self preservation or the insult of having a 7 footer tower over him. But IMO if Raja had not done something, Bargnani might have fell over him. Again, Bargnani clearly initiated the contact with Raja, knocked him down and then he kept on backing. Now I just wish I knew what was in Bargnani's mind... whether he did this accidently or intentionally. I certainly did not see Bargnani protesting the kicking incident. Sadly, Bargnani was not called for a foul as I recall and the referee was right there.

I am not trying to defend Raja because I think his temper has been very edgy this season, but I at least now know Raja did not kick at Bargnani for no reason which seems to have been implied by many.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think Bargnani was called for a foul?

I'm not totally sure about the foul. However, clearly Bargnani had a role in the incident (which still does not excuse Raja for kicking him in the private area). If Bargnani actually got called for the foul this may be why Raja got only a one game suspension considering the circumstances. If someone has access to the whole video they should take a good look at the incident as it developed.

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The same play happened twice in a a couple of possessions. The 1st time Bargnani knocked down Raja trying to post him up and Raja was called for a foul. The next time Bargnani was called for the foul and then the kick happened.

Nash

Reaction score
does anyone have a link to the video -- even if its just part of the incident?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05