Will Rolle be suspended?

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Many in the blogosphere are calling for a suspension of Rolle for the facemask on LJ.

Discuss.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Many in the blogosphere are calling for a suspension of Rolle for the facemask on LJ.

Discuss.

No way in hell. Someone had a blownup replay in one of the posts here. He literally had one finger locked into his helmet.

Card Trader

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind, as long as the suspend the officials who missed the blatant hold and the blatant block in the back on that play.

NEZCardsfan

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
No. I'm not a Rolle fan. But, that play made him grow on me a lot. I liked the hustle and fighting all the way down the field. I can't help but think of years past that a CB would just say "F it."

Football is a physical game, and I'm glad LJ is alright. But that play was in the spirit of football. It's unfortunate that his life could have been altered....but these athletes are aware of that risk everyday.

BirdKC

I love lamp.
Reaction score
They shouldn't ban him. LJ will be fine, and the penalty and fine is enough.

NEZCardsfan

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
They shouldn't ban him. LJ will be fine, and the penalty and fine is enough.
Thank god you have a head on your shoulders. The Chefs fans behind me were calling for the Death Penalty. Somebody actually told me that what Rolle did was worse than the Haynesworth episode.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
There is precidence in this sort of play. I remember a few years a go a punter doing this exact same thing on a run back. He just reach out and yanked and the guy went down, really harsh looking play. There was a penalty of 15 yards and he was fined..... That was it

BirdKC

I love lamp.
Reaction score
I cant believe anyone would compare that to the Haynesworth thing. What haynesworth did is disgusting.

What Rolle did was dangerous, but it happens in the NFL. It's a collision sport.
There is no way to tell if it was intentional. I think he was just trying to grab onto something. Can't blame him for trying to make a play.

Everyone should just be glad LJ is ok, because it could have been much worse.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I have always thought they should have breakaway facemasks for this sort of thing. I wonder if LJ has any lingering injury from this if they won't experiment with such a device.

...or is this like a 1 in a million thing that just happens and that would just be a waste of research and development?

OP
OP
A

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have always thought they should have breakaway facemasks for this sort of thing. I wonder if LJ has any lingering injury from this if they won't experiment with such a device.

...or is this like a 1 in a million thing that just happens and that would just be a waste of research and development?

At the game, my buddy was saying maybe in the future the helmet will be airtight and breathable, with no places to grab onto on the front.

BirdKC

I love lamp.
Reaction score

LJ says he's fine and is supposed to practice this week. I think he'll be back for next week. (I hope so, because KC's chances against PIT dont look good)

I don't think they will make any equipment adjustments in the near future unless, God forbid, someone dies from a facemask like that.

NEZCardsfan

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Dude, take that picture down....it's giving me a neckache just looking at it.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
i think he'll just get a fine and that is all he should get

however, that's two on questionable plays against a couple of the leagues top stars - the NFL may hit him a little harder with the fine and give him a good talking to

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
At the game, my buddy was saying maybe in the future the helmet will be airtight and breathable, with no places to grab onto on the front.

You must be registered for see images

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
big fine yes, suspension no I don't think they'll do that.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
i think he'll just get a fine and that is all he should get
I think it may cost him at least a game. Definitely will cost him some bling.

& Oh yeah, the mugging of #24 was (a) blatant and (b) instrumental in setting up LJ's run. A ref should be fired over that.

AzWins23

Reaction score
big fine yes, suspension no I don't think they'll do that.

I really don't think he will get fined...I mean, can you really fine someone for a facemask. They can look at the video, and see that the only way he could of tackled him was up top.

DieHardFromMO

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Rolle should not be suspended. In that situation you have to bring the runner down at all costs in order to save the TD.

Of course, since Rolle is a Cardinal a suspension would not be a surprise.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
if they only way you can make a play is by a penalty, then you don't make the play - it doesn't remove responsibility

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
hey uh.... Azwins23, when are you going to update that "thing"?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05