Will You As Fans "Return Back" To The NHL?

Yes Or No?

• Yes?

Votes: 16 47.1%
  • No?

Votes: 18 52.9%

• Total voters

KingLouieLouie

Going Old School!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Will you still follow the NHL and attend games once (if ever) they finally come to some sort of an agreement?

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think I'll take the money I would have spent on the NHL (jersey(s), games, etc) and spend it on the Rattlers or even some college sports. :thumbup:

Hey, hockey - :wave:

Town Drunk

Longest serving ASFN lurker
Reaction score
You bet.

I've followed and played the game for too long to give up on it.

For now, I'll turn my attention to college hockey. And a minor league team is actually re-locating to my area, so that's good news for me too :wave:

Cland

Veteran
Reaction score
I played hockey my whole life and it has been by far and away my favorite sport (And it still is). I've had season tix since day one for the coyotes and there is no way in hell I'm going to renew them. Not only that but I will never watch another NHL game on TV either. I still consider myself a die hard hockey fan but I will just switch my allegiances to the Roadrunners, NCAA, Worlds, and Jrs.

I think you should edit the name of this topic to "will you return to the NHL" as the NHL is not "hockey". I will never watch another NHL game but I will most definitely be first in line when roadrunner tix go on sale.

Last edited:

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was away from Phoenix for almost 2 years and in Cleveland there is no real hockey and I grew up in Chicago and went to about 75 Blackhawk games as a child as old chicago stadium. I hate AWA for hockey and moving back I was looking foward to see the Coyotes on the new stadium, I follow them now instead of the Blackhawks beause the Hawks owner in not conceared with winning, they came off a winning season a few years ago and decisdd to let thier(Tony Amonte among others) top players go because he did not want to spend the money. I understand that in small markets, but that is unaccecptable in Chicago if the moeny is being spent on a winning team. Si yes if they can pull off a miricle there is a season, you better believe I will be at the home opener.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When answering this question, I think it matters how you rank the 4 "major" sports.

I'd be willing to bet those that rank hockey as the 4th "major" sport...below NFL, NBA, and MLB...are most likely to say "no mas" to the NHL, if only for a little while.

Those that grew up with hockey and/or rank it from 1-3 in their 4 "major" sports list are more likely to stick by it come what may...

Just my opinion...

BIM

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I rank hockey fourth, my order is Football, Basketball/Baseball tied for second and then Hockey, but I am looking foward to my first game in the new Glendale area more than anyting else right now, call me stupid, but that is me.

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes because my top 2 sports are football and hockey. I only passively follow basketball and baseball.

bratwurst

on double secret probation
Reaction score
I still haven't started watching the NBA really since the lockout. But I think it will be different for me with hockey. I'll probably go to my same 6 or 7 games next season, normal or replacement players. I can't afford season tickets or I would probably get them.

wilycoyote24

All Star
Reaction score
I tell myself no, but I know that I won't be able to stay away for long. The Cardinals are my first team now, but I'm sure Doan, Nagy, Tanabe, and Sjostrom will win me back.

chickenhead

Reaction score
My current thinking is that once the NHL returns, I won't spend a dollar on it for at least as long as the lockout lasted. However, I won't swear it off. In fact, I'm hoping that out of this disgrace comes the will to actually correct the problems long spoiling the league.

Angryguy

Reaction score
Yes I will be back. I already have my partial season tickets paid for...since they screwed up this season, the tickets for this year just rolled over. I miss hockey and I miss going to Glendale Arena..there is something about an NHL game called fun. Yes I am still PO'd at both the players and the owners, but I just can't stay away.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05