Wireless hotspot that can use 2 sim cards?

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is there such a thing. I was watching youtube about hotspots as a means of internet in the Philippines and I cam across a video that seemed to be saying you can put 2 sim cards in it and then it will pick which sim card to use based on which has better service? The whole thing was in Tagalog and the subtitles weren't good enough but I think that's what they were doing. In Siquijor where we will be there's certain places where Globe has the best service and others that Smart does. So people who get hotspots have to decide do I get Globe or Smart. But if you can get a hotspot and just buy a prepaid SIM card one Globe and 1 Smart and put both in, that would be ideal?

I'm googling it but I'm not clear if there is such a thing. I'd like to buy one before I go so when I'm in the airport in Manila I can just buy both SIM cards and put them in.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A lot of phones use eSims now and you can get a hotspot on an eSim. Many phones will allow you one Sim and one eSim, but I think there are others that will allow several eSims - so you can switch over to different plans, hotspots, etc.

OP
OP
Russ Smith

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A lot of phones use eSims now and you can get a hotspot on an eSim. Many phones will allow you one Sim and one eSim, but I think there are others that will allow several eSims - so you can switch over to different plans, hotspots, etc.

I've been looking at esims for a hotspot too like Airalo and some others. Getting mixed reviews on them.

Sounds like Starlink is not as easy as hoped there's address issues and they won't let you pay with an American credit card(the monthly fee) it has to be a Philippine one. We don't think Siquijor fiber is reliable yet so we're considering just a hotspot.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You probably need to find the ASFN equivalent over there and tap into a techy local that knows the lay of the cyberland. Without actual experience, it's hard to go beyond the theoretical and/or flowery sales pitches.