With a 10-win season...

chickenhead

Reaction score
...Whiz ties Coryell for the franchise lead in wins. I know we discussed this a season or two ago, but after last year it's just taken a little longer to get this close. Short of a total bust this year and a Whiz firing, seems likely that we'll see it in at least 2012.

:stick:

C'mon Kolb, how about getting your coach 11 wins or so...

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
That is kind of sad for this franchise. Very telling.

CKW is close to becoming the longest tenured HC in Cardinals history. Not just Arizona Cardinals which he'll get after the 7th game this season but the entire history of the franchise.

Only Jim Hanifan will have coached longer and Whiz catches him at the end of 2012.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
CKW is close to becoming the longest tenured HC in Cardinals history. Not just Arizona Cardinals which he'll get after the 7th game this season but the entire history of the franchise.

Only Jim Hanifan will have coached longer and Whiz catches him at the end of 2012.

:stick: knock it off, Duck.

TigToad

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the only thing you can say to that is... wow.

OP
OP
chickenhead

chickenhead

Reaction score
Well, it may be kind of sad, but it'll be even sadder if Whiz doesn't get there...

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, it may be kind of sad, but it'll be even sadder if Whiz doesn't get there...

I dont think there is any doubt that he gets there. He will be the coach here at least through 2012 IMO.

OP
OP
chickenhead

chickenhead

Reaction score
I agree: I suspect ownership is committed to at least two seasons of Whiz + Kolb.

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
He under performed all the fired coaches last year, I await to see how he responds, like he tells his players.

So far he has trashed the failed 2 coordinator offensive system, got a new DC,
I don't have confidence in his OC choice, His DC is years away, but the whole division is in the same shape.

We hired 51 new players in 2 days as he promised at the end of last year. I think He's on the hot seat next to Graves.

Losing all of the 1st 3 games to poor competition would start the talk, but i don't think it will happen. But we aint good?

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree: I suspect ownership is committed to at least two seasons of Whiz + Kolb.

It would be dumb not to. Even if you thought he blew all his credits last year, he's got two more.

can you say...super bowl?!?

jerseyred

Rookie
Reaction score
It just seems he wants everything done his way or no way,i know the players get paid alot and they should do what they are told but you never hear any player say anything good about him,at least i havent

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
IF, and it's a BIG if, RG signs Larry Fitz to an extension, there is no way he'll be on the hot seat. A raise and an extension are more likely.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It just seems he wants everything done his way or no way,i know the players get paid alot and they should do what they are told but you never hear any player say anything good about him,at least i havent

I've heard a few positive comments from players about Whiz but as a general rule you don't hear much about Head Coaches from active players. It's a good way to get locker room labelled as a brown-noser IMO. Whiz, like a lot of coaches, isn't a particularly lovable guy but I think to that type of coach, respect is all that matters.

Steve

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've heard a few positive comments from players about Whiz but as a general rule you don't hear much about Head Coaches from active players. It's a good way to get locker room labelled as a brown-noser IMO. Whiz, like a lot of coaches, isn't a particularly lovable guy but I think to that type of coach, respect is all that matters.

Steve
Fitz has said he likes Whiz. Dockett, AW and at least a few others as well.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fitz has said he likes Whiz. Dockett, AW and at least a few others as well.

You've just mentioned the ones I referenced about making positive comments. IIRC, they usually say something to the effect of "we have faith in our head coach". That's all you can ask for.

Steve

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score

I really do not care who the coach is as long as we are at least a competitive team. The GM probably has as much to do with how good/bad we are as the coaches. He puts the players on the team and they have about 90% of just how good we will be. Graves has sort of an attachment with the Bidwlls and will be here until he decides he wants to leave it seems to me.