With all this talk about the draft..

AzWins23

Reaction score
I know it's early but i never thought with all the talk with L.J Shelton and Anthony Clement getting traded, i thought by now we would at least 1 first round pick 2 second rounds and maybe 2 3rd round picks...But who know what can happen from now till the draft...Just hope it happens soon

Reaction score
AzWins23 said:
I know it's early but i never thought with all the talk with L.J Shelton and Anthony Clement getting traded, i thought by now we would at least 1 first round pick 2 second rounds and maybe 2 3rd round picks...But who know what can happen from now till the draft...Just hope it happens soon

I don't think we'll get a 2 and three for those two alone.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
AzWins23 said:
at least 1 first round pick

:eek:

A first???

A first???

I'm an optimist, but dang...that is just ludicris, and I'm not talking about the rapper.

A first?

Are we also giving them Denny???

earthsci

That Rapscallion!!
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
D-Dogg said:
:eek:

A first???

A first???

I'm an optimist, but dang...that is just ludicris, and I'm not talking about the rapper.

A first?

Are we also giving them Denny???
He's saying that he was hoping that after we (possibly) trade Shelton and Clement we would have one 1st, two 2nds and two 3rds - not that we would get those in a trade.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
It must be finally sinking into Graves that, as I said at the time, he way overpaid Shelton. Graves paid him like a top 10 LT and no one had him in the top 20. They might get a third for him or be able to move up with one of their picks. That's probably the ceiling. I still favor keeping him with no decent return in sight.

As for Clement, he won't even return a pick. He'll just be released if they don't use him at guard. He has mediocre footwork and has never been able to correct playing too upright. He has regressed the last two seasons. Again, he might be worth keeping as a backup.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We need to AT LEAST keep Clemment, and possibly both if we can't at least get an early 3rd for Shelton. Yeah, we added Ross to the line...but what else? Nothing. We weren't particularly deep on the line last year, and these giants get banged up a lot.

I'd like to see one of Shelton starting at guard and Clemment backing up all along the line.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
earthsci said:
He's saying that he was hoping that after we (possibly) trade Shelton and Clement we would have one 1st, two 2nds and two 3rds - not that we would get those in a trade.

Ahhh, my bad.

I thought that was just insane.

Yeah...that sounds good to me. Sorry for the crazy reaction.