With the 32nd pick, the AZ Cardinals select??

dinesh15

Rookie
Reaction score
Alex Mack?? I was worried that he is a reach at 21.. At 32, he may not be.. what do you guys think??

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Draft talk?

Now?

This IS uncharted territory for us, we should get a manual or something for the coming weeks. :D

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
You only get the 32nd pick if you WIN the Super Bowl.

Shzm13

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Theres two weeks until the game.. Theres nothing wrong with talking about our very likely draft position. (Its either that, or 31st)

Mack is a first rounder.. If we get him with the last pick, id be thrilled. Though i would prefer a stud pass-rusher so we can give Okeafor the boot. Laboy pissed me off by being constantly injured.. We need someone else.

Savage58

Defense, Defense, DEFENSE
Reaction score
LeShon McCoy RB Pitt , Sign him up!

If we win the superbowl, we could freakin give the pick back for all I care!! ;)

TopGun

Registered
Reaction score
LeSean Shady McCoy RB Pitt
I could not agree with that pick more...

Last edited:

IAWarnerFan

Warnerphile, but a Cards fan!
Reaction score
31st or 32nd pick Alex Mack!

We should and will eventually make this a poll.

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You guys want to spend a first rounder on a center? Really? That's like using a first rounder on a 3rd-down back. Unless we're talking the next Dwight Stephenson, and we're not, Mack doesn't really provide great value. You're going to give him first-round guaranteed money for a position that, even if he WERE that good, wouldn't have the impact per dollar. You also already have a quality starter playing for a very low salary. Senlein was an unsung hero this year, but the line clearly played better when he was in. You could even see that in the preseason games. And you want to give a rookie center a guaranteed 4 years/~$4 mil?

At least find a road-grading guard or pass-rushing tweener. And the FO has pass rush as a draft priority, so keep that in mind.

Last edited:

IAWarnerFan

Warnerphile, but a Cards fan!
Reaction score
You guys want to spend a first rounder on a center? Really? That's like using a first rounder on a 3rd-down back. Unless we're talking the next Dwight Stephenson, and we're not, Mack doesn't really provide great value. You're going to give him first-round guaranteed money for a position that, even if he WERE that good, wouldn't have the impact per dollar. You also already have a quality starter playing for a very low salary. Senlein was an unsung hero this year, but the line clearly played better when he was in. You could even see that in the preseason games. And you want to give a rookie center a guaranteed 4 years/~$4 mil?

At least find a road-grading guard or pass-rushing tweener. And the FO has pass rush as a draft priority, so keep that in mind.
It all starts up front. If you honestly feel that Alex Mack can't be a starter right away in the NFL I'd see your point, but this O-Line does need addressed.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It all starts up front. If you honestly feel that Alex Mack can't be a starter right away in the NFL I'd see your point, but this O-Line does need addressed.

Not the entire O-Line. I feel the center is the biggest weak spot and if you address that, then you anchor down the line.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

To sign the 31st or 32nd pick you are looking about 5 years, $12 million ($6M guaranteed). To sign a center, which many have talked about is going to cost more. Al Johnson's four-year deal was to be worth $24 million if all the incentives were maxed out, but for practical purposes it gives Johnson $7 million in the first season, helped by $3.5 million salaries each year - for a total of $17.5 million. Much cheaper to draft IMO since the option everyone wants is Matt Birk.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
How I See The Draft

1. We don't have a first round pick, since the Draft (in my mind) will only have 30 picks per round, not counting Supplemental picks.
2. We will then pick first or second in subsequent rounds, having an extra pick in the seventh round.
3. There is always someone who falls through the cracks in the first round, and that's who we select.
4. I have no idea of names, but my positions of need in rank order are as follows:
RB, CB, OLB, OL(C), TE, MLB, and FS.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
According to Mike Mayock, Mack is barely in his top 5 for the C position. How can that be worth a 1st round pick? Surely there aren't 5 C's worth 1st round picks.

BTW: I respect Mayock's opinion over most other pundits, when it comes to scouting college players.

bg7brd

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Theres two weeks until the game.. Theres nothing wrong with talking about our very likely draft position. (Its either that, or 31st)

Mack is a first rounder.. If we get him with the last pick, id be thrilled. Though i would prefer a stud pass-rusher so we can give Okeafor the boot. Laboy pissed me off by being constantly injured.. We need someone else.

Okeafor has been playing very good. He put a licking on McNab a couple of time in that game. I think we should try and restructure him like we did with Berry.

Unsterblich856

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
When I started realizing that not having the 21st pick was completely possible, I looked at alternatives to drafting Knowshon Moreno at 21st. At the RB position, LeSean McCoy is my choice. Another RB that would be an option is Shonn Greene, but my biggest problem is his age. When his rookie contract would be up, he'd already be 30 whereas McCoy would be 27, huge difference.

LittleDavis

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I say we keep Edge until after the draft. Trade Q for a top ten pick and a player(Fargus). Oakland at 7 and pick Brian Orakpo or Rey Maualuga. Release Laboy and Okeafor and sign Suggs. Draft Lesean McCoy or Shon Greene at 31 or 32. Matt Birk would be nice at C and we need a LT. Gandy gets schooled by speedrushers and needs to be moved to G( Brandon Keith maybe). WOW...alot6 of possibilities. I am not use to this low of a draft pick. GO CARDS.

imaCafan

Next stop, Hall of Fame!
Reaction score
I like the mock with FA signings I just saw here:

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=291136

He is "just" a fan I guess, but he has us signing Mark Tauscher, Terrell Suggs, re-signing Dansby and losing Berry to Chicago. Then, his draft plays out to where with the 31st. pick we take Chris Wells. He'll be draft way ahead of that, but what an off-season that would be!!!!

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
I say we keep Edge until after the draft. Trade Q for a top ten pick and a player(Fargus). Oakland at 7 and pick Brian Orakpo or Rey Maualuga. Release Laboy and Okeafor and sign Suggs. Draft Lesean McCoy or Shon Greene at 31 or 32. Matt Birk would be nice at C and we need a LT. Gandy gets schooled by speedrushers and needs to be moved to G( Brandon Keith maybe). WOW...alot6 of possibilities. I am not use to this low of a draft pick. GO CARDS.

Birk - do we really want to sign a 33 year old center?

Laboy - we just gave him a signing bonus, no way we cut him after one year if there isnt any future injury concerncs.

Boldin - player for player trades do not happen in this league anymore. Any trade with boldin will be for picks and picks alone. Boldin will not garner a top 10 pick. First, Cards dont want to pay a top 10 rookie anymore. Second, not a team in this league will trade a top 10 pick for anything other then a QB. A top 10 pick hasnt been traded for a player in a long, long time and doubt Boldin will be the first.

Gandy - He does not have troubles with speed rushers. He had troubles the last game but one game does not make a man. He has only given up like 4 sacks in 19 games protecting Warners blindside all the while going up against some pretty good speed rushers.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
I like the mock with FA signings I just saw here:

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=291136

He is "just" a fan I guess, but he has us signing Mark Tauscher, Terrell Suggs, re-signing Dansby and losing Berry to Chicago. Then, his draft plays out to where with the 31st. pick we take Chris Wells. He'll be draft way ahead of that, but what an off-season that would be!!!!

Wells could very well drop. Some places already have Moreno higher on their lists. Wells has injury history. Concerns about his weight. Some other Junior RB's entering the field. I think its doubtful but I wouldnt rule it out either.

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Drafting running back in that slot probably provides the best quality. I think when you draft there, you're looking to improve the two-deep at the skill positions. I would be very leery of any big back that has a long history of injuries, though. Just look at what Denver went through with Ryan Torain. They got all excited because they thought they had stolen another great 1-cut back in the draft, but ignored his injury history. Their RB depth chart was musical chairs this season because of it. So I have big question marks about Beanie Wells and Jeremiah Johnson -- both of whom I think would be way up in the draft if not for their injury history.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
According to Mike Mayock, Mack is barely in his top 5 for the C position. How can that be worth a 1st round pick? Surely there aren't 5 C's worth 1st round picks.

BTW: I respect Mayock's opinion over most other pundits, when it comes to scouting college players.
Mayock talks a good game and does know his stuff but he's wrong just as much as anyone. Waht he does alot is find one thing a guy does well, or not so well,and harps it into the ground to make his case. Overall, he's average.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Okeafor has been playing very good. He put a licking on McNab a couple of time in that game. I think we should try and restructure him like we did with Berry.
I don't think Okeafor should be anyhwere near this team next year. His position needs to be upgraded. He played well Sunday but he's slow and didn't play very well throughout the year.With Laboy not being to stay healthy, LB is probably the #1position that needs to be adddressed this off season. Keeping Dansby and signing Suggs, although i doubt he hits the open market, would go a long way to rectifying that.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05