Worst franchises in Pro Sports: Cards #3!

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That was my second worst, the Bears meltdown was essentailly the final straw for me, I haven't been a real Cardinal fan since after trying hard for 15 years it wasn't worth the pain amymore. As for the Vikings game I am pretty sure I vomitted after that meaningless win because I figured McCown secured a 6 year deal with that pass, thank God it didn't happen. I'll never forget it, I was cleaning my grout while listening to the radio, I just knew they were going to score that meaningless TD.

There is no such phrase in my vocabulary, my friend.

Bob Chebat

The Silencer!
Reaction score
i hate them too dude, but they sell so many tickets, and "everyone" loves them.

It's not about hatred or disliking the team, I think, more about not being dedicated to winning, doing what it takes, etc... The Cubs are notorious for "knocking on the door".

I think the Jets/Coyotes franchise could be on this list too. Should at least get honorable mention. LOL

Ed Burmila

Registered
Reaction score
That list reads like it was written by an extremely casual sports fan, possibly some frat boy who reads ESPN the Magazine once every 3 months.

We can't deny the fact that 1 playoff win in 48 years is bound to put us on lists like this. We can argue about how things have changed and people should respect us, but nothing's going to change until we win. It's pretty straightforward. Perceptions don't change because of offseason moves and hot air from the front office. They change when the results on the field change.

Doc Cardinal

Old Fart
Reaction score
Tampa Bay has a better record than 22 other teams in MLB and the Atlantic Hawks made the playoffs this year and beat the Seltics 3 times.

Billy Bob

Cardinals Fan
Reaction score
Yeah and winning that game against the Vikings cost the Cardinals Eli and they only got Fitzgerald. Eli is an alright QB and all but he just happend to be the QB of the team that won the superbowl not the driving force behind that team.

Not to mention Eli likely would have forced his way out of Az like he did SD anyway.

Even if we did lose the vikings game and got the #1 pick Denny Green would have still taken Fitz IMO.

RedViper

Registered
Reaction score
The Pirates haven't had a winning season in 15 YEARS. They're easily the worst-run team in Major League Baseball.

The Rays have been around for more than ten years and have finished in last place in their division every year except one year when they finished second to last. I'm not going to get into the details of how they are a worse run organization than anybody, but if you were actually trying to field the worst team in baseball every year, the Rays would have to be considered a team with un-paralleled success. They are spectacular at what they do.

TruColor

Trombonist in Roger Goodell's Wedding Rcpt.
Reaction score
I'm a Cardinals and Clippers fan.

I'm a long-time AZ Cardinals and Indiana Pacers fan (I go back to the ABA-days with the Pacers).

And, I find myself checking in on the Tampa Bay Rays every morning.

I'm a gutton for punishment I guess.

(Although, my long-time NHL team is the Penguins - they're doing pretty well!)