Wow someone likes us a lot on Sunday!

Reaction score
Most of the losers on ESPN had the Lions winning this game so I was determined to find an expert who had us winning.

This guy has us as our pick of the month on his website.

http://walterfootball.com/picks.php

He has winning in a blow out!

He wrote like 3 pages on the game it's kind of cool. I don't know what he was talking about with the Vegas stuff because that's over my head, and I don't know if I agree with everything he wrote but it's nice to see someone having faith in us!

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This team doesn't have "it" to win in a blowout.

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the board, CC...you going to introduce yourself?

Newbies buy...I'll take something deep fried & covered in chocolate (Shrek reference)...wash it down with some milk.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's a neat site. And those seem like good, objective points the Cards might win.

I still think the Lions win by double-digits, but the line does give me pause. Vegas is usually pretty close with their lines.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's a neat site. And those seem like good, objective points the Cards might win.

I still think the Lions win by double-digits, but the line does give me pause. Vegas is usually pretty close with their lines.

I think the Lions defense is terrible, but opportunistic. We'll move the ball all over them, but if we can't protect it we will lose. If we protect it, we should win.

Our defense will score a TD on Sunday.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the Lions defense is terrible, but opportunistic. We'll move the ball all over them, but if we can't protect it we will lose. If we protect it, we should win.

Our defense will score a TD on Sunday.
Tampa's run D was supposed to be terrible.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score

That's also because even if you think the Lions are a better team, for them this game, well...

You must be registered for see images

Rivercard

Too much good stuff
Reaction score

It seems to me that Warner's HURTS (handoff unstable rubber-arm trouble syndrome) is really affecting our ability to run the ball. Maybe it's taking an exta second to get the handoff executed.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It seems to me that Warner's HURTS (handoff unstable rubber-arm trouble syndrome) is really affecting our ability to run the ball. Maybe it's taking an exta second to get the handoff executed.
Perhaps. Excellent point.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Defensive stats:

Tampa is the fourth best defense in points scored against. Detroit is 23rd.

Tampa is the 6th best defense in total yards allowed. Detroit is 28th.

Tampa is the 16th least penalized. Detroit is the most penalized in the league.

Tampa is 17th in 3rd down conversions stopped. Detroit is 28.

Rushing yards Detroit is 12th, tampa 16th.

Passing yards Tampa 2nd, Detroit 30th.

(Cards 7th pass, 18th rush, 24th overall 19th scoring, 5th most penalized.)

For whatever reason we only ran 12 times (9 edge, 2 jj and1 shipp), I don't think the defense of TB was the problem. I think it was the team showing up the way they did.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I am absolutely POSITIVE of this. Especially in a back like Edge who doesn't have a lot of quicks to start with. Taking a hesitation longer to get him the ball means he's going to be that much more attacked at or behind the LOS.

That turning delivery for the handoff is ridiculous...it is one reason why I would not be upset at a switch to Rattay.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If I recall, TB's pass defense is good, but their run D is not (before Sunday). That is what Tampa losers were saying anyway.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If I recall, TB's pass defense is good, but their run D is not (before Sunday). That is what Tampa losers were saying anyway.

Detroit's defense sucks across the board, other than forcing turnovers.

Tampa was able to stuff the run against us:

a) because our run game ain't that great
b) because their pass d is very damn good
c) because kurt's funky handoffs cause Edge to be bottled up sooner than normal (JJ 2-7 yards, edge 9 for 15...shipp 1-1...our "fast back" had better success)
d) because Kurt couldn't hit the broad side of a barn
e) because we were playing from behind almost the whole time
f) because we only ran 12 times.

I wouldn't say the Tampa run d did anything special...given that we didn't even try to run the ball.

Matt L

formerly known as mattyboy
Reaction score
He has a valid point that Vegas is just begging everyone to bet on the Lions. I too think that the Cardinals will win it but not in very convincing fashion, probably by 3.

chicards11

Registered
Reaction score
I am absolutely POSITIVE of this. Especially in a back like Edge who doesn't have a lot of quicks to start with. Taking a hesitation longer to get him the ball means he's going to be that much more attacked at or behind the LOS.

That turning delivery for the handoff is ridiculous...it is one reason why I would not be upset at a switch to Rattay.

YOUR AVATAR IS BREATH-TAKING

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Scott Van Pelt on the Mike Terico show just pronounced the Cardinals his "lock of the year." His reasoning is exactly what gives me a glimmer of hope: Vegas wants you to put money on Detroit, and Vegas isn't in the business of losing money.

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
Yes, before us Tampa was allowing around 125 rushing yards per game.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, before us Tampa was allowing around 125 rushing yards per game.

Which would make them around the 21st in the league. They are currently avg. 113 pg.

Their run d did nothing to us that we didn't do to ourselves.

Regardless, the point is that the Detroit D is bad across the board...I don't know why everyone is so shaking in their boots at this stupid Lions team.

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
Well, one reason is they are 6-2! You must be doing something good when you are winning while we are constantly shooting ourselves on the foot.

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to ASFN Caroline. Nice find on the link you posted.

Rab

Angry Vedder
Reaction score
This is a winnable game for the Cards. They always play much better at home, and they can't get much worse than last week. That was awful.

I agree with whoever said Warner's elbow is affecting the run game. It's taking him longer to get the ball off, and Edge isn't getting to the line fast enough to get through what little holes there are on the line right now.