wow

Seandonic

Gotta love that Cardinal red!
Reaction score
I agree! I guess Levi is too elite to need an upgrade.

Bodha

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Im pretty livid about this

Eugene Monroe is ACTUALLY elite. Or pretty damn close to it.

Hes a franchise LT Id give a 2nd rounder for. How the hell did the Ravens pull this off and the Cards are here sitting on their arse?

and also, any of our picks will be better than the Ravens in any round.

pissed

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

dinesh15

Rookie
Reaction score
worse is, all Ravens are giving away is multiple 3rd day picks..

wont a team like jags wanna get as much value? wont jags call around to see if anyone offers better? if they did, why wont our GM offer 2nd day picks? I dont get this...

Maybe, afterall, Levi is ELITE!!!

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Just heard about this and was going to rant about why we weren't all over this... should have known I would be late to the party!

Is Monroe a pending free agent? Just read the jags made the move to slide Luke Joekel to the left side.

Can we take the ravens leftovers in Bryant McKinnie?!

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

dinesh15

Rookie
Reaction score
He is in contract till 2014. if he is elite, why wont we pay him? Jags may not resign him, but any team will. he is only 26.. CRAZY...

All I dont get is, why wont Jags call around to see who gets them the best picks? shouldnt they literally let teams bid?

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Good move for both teams. Jacksonville gets picks to fill needed roster spots for a player they were not going to re-sign and Ravens gets a premier LT who they can afford to franchise while giving up picks that probably wouldn't have made their roster.

Monroe would have been nice, but only if we could have negotiated a long term deal. We aren't that close.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Just heard about this and was going to rant about why we weren't all over this... should have known I would be late to the party!

Is Monroe a pending free agent? Just read the jags made the move to slide Luke Joekel to the left side.

Can we take the ravens leftovers in Bryant McKinnie?!

Yes, Monroe will be a free agent at the end of the year. Franchise tag still an option though.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Monroe would have been nice, but only if we could have negotiated a long term deal. We aren't that close.

That is the key. He is a FA after this year unless we signed him now to an extension we would be throwing away picks that we need.

Now what about a 6th or 7th rounder for Mercedes Lewis?

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
We should be the most interested, we should be willing to give the most what ever that is because we are dedicated to winning right? We are in desperate need of either a Lineman like that or....a draft pick while saving some cap room next year....right?

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
This is exactly why Ozzie is one of the best in the game as well as his team & why the Cards continue to suck! It's called being proactive.

Oh...I'm sorry I forgot, we did make a trade for Kevin Kolb a few years back. ;)

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
this is the 2nd LT that's been available via trade this year and apparently we either didn't care or didn't do enough to get either. that sucks.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
This is exactly why Ozzie is one of the best in the game as well as his team & why the Cards continue to suck! It's called being proactive.

Oh...I'm sorry I forgot, we did make a trade for Kevin Kolb a few years back. ;)
That's the difference in front offices. Ravens have a great one, we're still a mess. But hey, at least we brought Eric Winston in to replace the best OL on last year's team.

Monroe being a FA at the end of the season is a cop out excuse. The Cards will have plenty of room and the tag available. The Cards not making a run at him is inexcusable.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
That's the difference in front offices. Ravens have a great one, we're still a mess. But hey, at least we brought Eric Winston in to replace the best OL on last year's team.

Monroe being a FA at the end of the season is a cop out excuse. The Cards will have plenty of room and the tag available. The Cards not making a run at him is inexcusable.

Actually we're at next years cap with only 44 players. Releasing Levi doesn't clear much and I'd rather PP get an extension than Eugene Monroe. We're not a playoff team with him so I'm glad they didn't give up picks for a rental player.

Buckybird

Reaction score
Actually we're at next years cap with only 44 players. Releasing Levi doesn't clear much and I'd rather PP get an extension than Eugene Monroe. We're not a playoff team with him so I'm glad they didn't give up picks for a rental player.

I with Cbus on this one...the extension issue is just an excuse...cap $$$ can always be found.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
I with Cbus on this one...the extension issue is just an excuse...cap $$$ can always be found.
I don't see Colledge and maybe even Docket on next year's squad. Right there more than pays for Monroe and you can still work out an extension for Peterson.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't see Colledge and maybe even Docket on next year's squad. Right there more than pays for Monroe and you can still work out an extension for Peterson.

But you are assuming that Monroe would want to sign an extension.

OP
OP
D

dinesh15

Rookie
Reaction score
why would a guy who was happy at Jacksonville wont sign an extension with cards? He was happy there, he didnt ask to be traded or released.. you guys assume as if he made a demand to play for the superbowl champions only..

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
why would a guy who was happy at Jacksonville wont sign an extension with cards? He was happy there, he didnt ask to be traded or released.. you guys assume as if he made a demand to play for the superbowl champions only..

Just because he didn't complain through the media doesn't mean he was happy.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Some final notes on this...

1-Twitter reported the Jags contacted Cardinals regarding Monroe last week and the Cardinals passed.

2-Bill Polian on the radio stated Monroe's rep exceeds his play over the past couple years.

The Polian comment is news to me, but I don't watch much Jaguars football and I don't see how he gains by making this up. What do I do understand is that 4th and 5th round picks mean more to the Cardinals than they do to the Ravens. We have spent significant dollars on Lorenzo Alexander, Matt Shaughnessy, Jasper Brinkley and Antoine Cason whose roles are filled on other teams by developing late round picks but because we have sucked at the draft, we have to pay to fill those roles. It is up to Keim to back this up by drafting better, but the reasoning is sound.

OP
OP
D

dinesh15

Rookie
Reaction score
Thats stupid then on Keims part.

I see three top LTs in next draft and most mocks dont see them go past top 10 picks.. It seems like 15 teams need a LT. Also, a fresh LT needs a season ot so to get better. Maybe Joe Thomas is the exception, but not the norm.

I kind of feel like Monroe was worth a 3rd rounder for sure. I dont know whats the rationale behind passing on this chance. Makes no sense whatsoever to me.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Just because he didn't complain through the media doesn't mean he was happy.

While this is true, I would suspect that if you took a poll of everybody not complaining in the media, the vast majority would say it's not because they don't want to be the guy complaining to the media, but because they have no real issue to complain about.

But I'm not trying to say that you are trying to say that he was unhappy, just pointing out there are cases where unhappy people don't put it out there and I just wanted to clarify that while true the vast majority simply aren't complaining because they have nothing to complain about.

Buckybird

Reaction score
We didn't trade for Monroe because he wears #75!

Smart move Cards, now you're learning :D

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05