WR Lee Evans traded to Ravens

AsUdUdE

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I really hope they had to give up a 3rd or something like that...

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
I'm reasonably comfortable with our WR's. So we have 6 3rd WR's! we got Fitz!

Mitch

Crawled Through 5 FB Fields
Reaction score
Trade for a pass rusher, and trade for or sign a SS and I will be ecstatic.

I like our WRs. I am fine with what we have.

Having two TEs like Heap and Housler will allow the WRs all the more big plays.

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
could be better but hey, can't have em all

I understand but Roberts is a slot, that is what he was drafted for and ll He can ever be. I mean I hope for a Frank Sanders but nope, He's not that.

Doucett needs confidence but i can live with him. I mean short of Randy Moss, the upgrade in talent across our line up of depth, is not that dramatic.

give em another week see what happens, somebody may seperate them self, Stucky has had 5 practices, let him acclimate first.

I'm not. I don't think Roberts or doucet is enough. If Williams plays like he did yesterday than I will be fine with that.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
so many slid options were available to take pressure off Fitz and give Kolb more established weapons to succeed with... and we did nothing but lose our #2 WR from last year and signed Todd Heap. One step forward, one step back.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score

Agreed.... ;)

OP
OP
az jam

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Agree, after watching lasts nights game I think that we have lots of young talent at wr and we finally have TEs that can catch and qbs that like to throw to TEs.
Isaiah Williams is 6' 3", Stephan Williams is 6' 5" and Demarco Sampson is 6' 2" They can run and they can catch. IMO these are the guys to build on.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score

This! Atari Bigby would suffice...They have really blown it as far as getting at least a serviceable OLB to be in the mix (Blew it on Roth)....

Seandonic

Gotta love that Cardinal red!
Reaction score

This! Atari Bigby would suffice...They have really blown it as far as getting at least a serviceable OLB to be in the mix (Blew it on Roth)....
There will be some speed WR's available after cut downs if the Cards really must go that route(pun intended). But as you say Mitch, I believe the receiver position will be fine with the current personnel.

A. Bigby would be very nice...heck, I would even consider Roy Jones, after seeing the SS play last night. I still believe Rashad Johnson is a promising player but as of now he is, at best, a back-up free safety.

Speaking of last nights play...the Cards should make a trade or look very hard at the after cut-down guys for a pass rusher. Totally agree with you there LoyaltyiaC. Roth was their last easy option and they did nothing. It's going to get dicey now (IMHO).

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
There will be some speed WR's available after cut downs if the Cards really must go that route(pun intended). But as you say Mitch, I believe the receiver position will be fine with the current personnel.

A. Bigby would be very nice...heck, I would even consider Roy Jones, after seeing the SS play last night. I still believe Rashad Johnson is a promising player but as of now he is, at best, a back-up free safety.

Speaking of last nights play...the Cards should make a trade or look very hard at the after cut-down guys for a pass rusher. Totally agree with you there LoyaltyiaC. Roth was their last easy option and they did nothing. It's going to get dicey now (IMHO).
roth is a pass rusher?

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Either ESPN is wrong or the Patriots' beat writers were...and they are usually very reliable.
Except when they were complaining about the Cards in the playoffs before the Super Bowl run. :)

Mitch

Crawled Through 5 FB Fields
Reaction score
Except when they were complaining about the Cards in the playoffs before the Super Bowl run. :)

Actually you and ESPN are correct---only 3.5 sacks for Roth last year. But he did have a lot of QB hurries---which matters.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Actually you and ESPN are correct---only 3.5 sacks for Roth last year. But he did have a lot of QB hurries---which matters.
Hmmm, I wonder if we can get an official amounf of hurries. :)