You knew I would say this don't like PP returnking KO's

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There's a reason they changed that rule, injuries. I know he's a gamebreaker I just don't like putting potential star players in a position to get hurt.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I agree. invested way too much to have him returning punts.

Have we ever had a player injured returning punts in Arizona? I don't think so but that is a lot of years for an old guy like me to remember.

Cardinals.Ken

That's Mr. Riff-Raff to you!
Reaction score
Have we ever had a player injured returning punts in Arizona? I don't think so but that is a lot of years for an old guy like me to remember.

I do think the Giants have either...except one...Jason Sehorn!

Pass!

:stick:

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Don't mind him returning punts. Hate him returning kickoffs.

W/r/t kickoffs: dies Feeley have a dead leg or something? Kicking it to the 5 yard line after they moved the ball up 10 yards?

chickenhead

Reaction score
Yeah, I think it's a bad idea, too. Regardless of what has or hasn't happened in Arizona, return assignments are unpredictable throughout the sport. The difference between PP and the next return man in line is not as great as that between PP and the CB who would have to replace him.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I do think the Giants have either...except one...Jason Sehorn!

Pass!

:stick:

Jason Sehorn was injured returning a kickoff not a punt. Big difference to me in the two type returns and the return guys exposure.

But why risk PP21 when you have Marshay Green?

Now I don't like the idea of Peterson returning kickoffs. Again why take the risk when you have LSH and Jefferson?

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score

W/r/t kickoffs: dies Feeley have a dead leg or something? Kicking it to the 5 yard line after they moved the ball up 10 yards?

Speaking of kickoffs, it was interesting to see so many kicked short as teams looked at their players on special teams. I think, with kickoffs moved up to the 35 this year, we will have more touchbacks than that.
Urban

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Per NFL network they only moved the ball 5 yards not 10? Were they incorrect?

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Five yards is the answer. Put me down for PP as the PR and NOT the KR. Too dangerous and that's LSH's job. One reason, imo, why LSH ran with the second team is that coaches realize that he won't be getting any kick returs, due to the new rule, and they intend to use him as a 3rd down back.

Cardinals.Ken

That's Mr. Riff-Raff to you!
Reaction score
Jason Sehorn was injured returning a kickoff not a punt. Big difference to me in the two type returns and the return guys exposure.

But why risk PP21 when you have Marshay Green?

Now I don't like the idea of Peterson returning kickoffs. Again why take the risk when you have LSH and Jefferson?

:madarms:

You must be registered for see images attach

:computer:

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Absolutely correct. I also think he's more dangerous as a punt returner than a kick returner. After the Robert's fumble in the 4th qtr, I'm all for PP returning punts.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Absolutely correct. I also think he's more dangerous as a punt returner than a kick returner. After the Robert's fumble in the 4th qtr, I'm all for PP returning punts.

:yeahthat:

Anyone saying that PP shouldn't be returnig punts is crazy after seeing Roberts fumble another punt return yet again.

I'd rather have LSH returning kicks but I don't mind if PP is his backup. Although Jefferson looked pretty solid in that role as well.

OP
OP
Russ Smith

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Right punts are still scary but not as bad as kickoffs.

I get with Roberts being a key WR now we may have to find another PR, I just don't want it to be Peterson. Same with KOR, keep going with LSH, although I think the new rule makes that part of his game less valuable.

OP
OP
Russ Smith

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:yeahthat:

Anyone saying that PP shouldn't be returnig punts is crazy after seeing Roberts fumble another punt return yet again.

I'd rather have LSH returning kicks but I don't mind if PP is his backup. Although Jefferson looked pretty solid in that role as well.

Other than spelling returning wrong note the title does say KO's not punts.

It's not my preference he returns punts either but I'm far less worried about punt returns than KO's.

I'm pretty sure even JJ Arrington's original knee injury that ultimately ended his KOR career was on a KO return. Guys just get hit from too many weird angles at full speed it concerns the hell out of me for a kid like Peterson who can be such a great defender.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Speaking of punt returns what the heck was Peterson doing when Roberts fumbled? It seemed like he was looking right at Roberts as the ball came out and instead of going for the recovery he just sort of jumped out of the way.

Strange.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Right punts are still scary but not as bad as kickoffs.

I get with Roberts being a key WR now we may have to find another PR, I just don't want it to be Peterson. Same with KOR, keep going with LSH, although I think the new rule makes that part of his game less valuable.

Think people are overstating PP's role in the base offense early in the season. Chuck Woodson was returning punts deep into his career, IIRC. If PP is as good as people think, let's try and get the ball in his hands. The Cards originally wanted Rolle returning punts, but Vreaston took the job and Rolle had Vasoline on his forearms.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Think people are overstating PP's role in the base offense early in the season. Chuck Woodson was returning punts deep into his career, IIRC. If PP is as good as people think, let's try and get the ball in his hands. The Cards originally wanted Rolle returning punts, but Vreaston took the job and Rolle had Vasoline on his forearms.

agreed. let him return punts, get him off the kick-off return team.

jerseyred

Rookie
Reaction score
I remember a few years ago watching giants cornerback jason seahorn blow out his knee returning a kickoff he was never the same,

BIRDGANG
Reaction score
I have no problem with PP returning kicks or punts, return men are rarely the guys that get injured it's always blockers. You don't hide your most electric return man on the bench because you are afraid he might get hurt. Might as well not let him play defense either because he's just as likely to get injured playing corner as he is returning kicks.

Hard to get a judgement on how your rookies and young guys are playing on special teams when they're covering touchbacks all game long.