Bourbon / Whiskey

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
My opinion on gin is you really really love it, or you hate it. Never found someone that says, "Ehh. It's ok." I would go to Trevor's, they have lots of locations in the valley, and they have booze concierges. They would probably let you taste some for free. I have tried tequilas there. My son tastes whiskeys there. Just tell them your price point and what you are looking for, and they will make suggestions.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My opinion on gin is you really really love it, or you hate it. Never found someone that says, "Ehh. It's ok." I would go to Trevor's, they have lots of locations in the valley, and they have booze concierges. They would probably let you taste some for free. I have tried tequilas there. My son tastes whiskeys there. Just tell them your price point and what you are looking for, and they will make suggestions.
I live in Las Vegas grrrr

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I live in Las Vegas grrrr
Best Liquor Stores In Las Vegas

I found this a cool page to read. At the bottom they say buying Liquor at grocery stores in Las Vegas is cheaper than liquor stores. They also say it is more expensive on the strip. Which most out of towners have been conditioned to think it's cheaper there. I used to live up in northern Nevada, so Las Vegas is outside my purview. I thought it was kinda interesting reading.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Best Liquor Stores In Las Vegas

I found this a cool page to read. At the bottom they say buying Liquor at grocery stores in Las Vegas is cheaper than liquor stores. They also say it is more expensive on the strip. Which most out of towners have been conditioned to think it's cheaper there. I used to live up in northern Nevada, so Las Vegas is outside my purview. I thought it was kinda interesting reading.
Actually, from my experience, the two main liquor stores, Total Wine and Lee’s liquor here much much cheaper than smaller mom and Pop liquor stores and definitely cheaper than grocery stores unless there’s a sale. Buying alcohol anywhere on the strip is a fools errand.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I know Total Wine in Reno used to do tastings that were themed. Like I had Cadillac Margaritas there so they could see the tequila, etc. Long shot, maybe they do gin martinis sometime?

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Picked up a couple more bottles of High West. Did a side by side tasting:

You must be registered for see images attach

Reviews of this years Midwinters Night Dram “Act 11” haven’t been stellar. My wife bought it anyway and we did a side by side with last years “Act 10” which is one of my favorites. I couldn’t tell a big difference between the two. So I’m glad we grabbed a bottle.

As for the bourbon finished in wine barrels. I really enjoyed The Prisoner’s Share and saw the Cask Collection at Costco for a third of the price. I figured it was worth a try at that price. After tasting them side by side it’s clear that more expensive “The Prisoners Share” is way better. It’s smoother and has a better finish. We did notice that adding a few drops of water opened up the Cask Collection and it tasted much better. I still preferred “The Prisoners Share”

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
OMG. That Stagg is probably one of the best bourbons that I have ever tasted! Highly recommended if you have a chance to try some.
Going to try and find that for my oldest son's birthday! Thanks for the recommendation.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My buddy brought this over right before leaving for Prague…. It was effin incredible. For the proof it was miraculously smooth…. Pardon the cubes but I forgot to refill my large square cube maker and wasn’t expecting company with this treat in hand.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My buddy brought this over right before leaving for Prague…. It was effin incredible. For the proof it was miraculously smooth…. Pardon the cubes but I forgot to refill my large square cube maker and wasn’t expecting company with this treat in hand.
That looks Good!!!!

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well just tried this 200.00+ bottle of bourbon and the OF I tried above is far better….. will be trying that WPPB Rye in a few…..

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just ordered a 50 year Glenlivet cask strength single malt.

Im a scotch guy.

this side of the pond hasnt figured out fine whiskey yet
I have yet to taste a single scotch I like. Every single one even the expensive ones like the 18 year Mccallan Joel bought me in Vegas. All of it garbage.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have yet to taste a single scotch I like. Every single one even the expensive ones like the 18 year Mccallan Joel bought me in Vegas. All of it garbage.

Next time you're in town, I can't wait to host a big hamburger and Scotch tasting party with you! :lol: We'll all wear our Chiefs Superbowl champs outfits too!

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Next time you're in town, I can't wait to host a big hamburger and Scotch tasting party with you! :lol: We'll all wear our Chiefs Superbowl champs outfits too!
I’m down… hanging with the bros regardless is worth a little bile in the back of the throat.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
by my experience it takes 30 years in the cask in order to smooth out...and it really helps if they are finished in sherry.

I dont drink often...But 30+ year old scotch is pretty much the only thing I will drink. It just gets expensive

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Current offerings of 50 year old scotch, like Dalmore, can cost as much as $60,000 a bottle, making others, like Benromach, look like a veritable bargain at $14,500. Therefore, you will likely belong to one of two groups: those who can afford 50 year old scotch, or those who aspire to afford 50 year old scotch.Sep 14, 2020

:oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops:

I would need to go back to work. I think I’ll pass. lol

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Current offerings of 50 year old scotch, like Dalmore, can cost as much as $60,000 a bottle, making others, like Benromach, look like a veritable bargain at $14,500. Therefore, you will likely belong to one of two groups: those who can afford 50 year old scotch, or those who aspire to afford 50 year old scotch.Sep 14, 2020

:oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops::oops:

I would need to go back to work. I think I’ll pass. lol
yeah..very expensive. I happened to find, i dunno... either a great clearance...or a huge scam...

this stuff is normally 30k a bottle...but there are two retailers selling it for 100 bucks right now...so I picked one and placed an order.

might get screwed out of my 99 bucks though, but I figured it was worth the risk

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison