UNCENSORED 2024 Draft Thread

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tough *****. There is a specific thread for no spoilers...but the folks here were complaining about a commercial break.

I am sure you won't listen because I wouldn't last night but I wish in retrospect I would have taken a couple deep breathes

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Monti out here using throwing darts trying to find CBs

I don’t mind multiple corners but a Project TE in the third over another WR/DL is overthinking. Smartest guy syndrome is evident with Monty is some cases tonight. I think he wanted to pad his trade down stats. Gotta think he wanted to trade down from #4 if there were better offers…

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Who all knew Mason Cole was a terrible pick and it didn't matter. A lot of these professionals aren't that much smarter than us. Just got lucky in life with networking.
Yet he played for years in the NFL

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Using a 2023 3rd, 5th, and then 2024 2nd and 3rd all on CBs. I guess we will see a really good CB room or an example on Monti ******** the bed ala Keim.
So you want more Starling Thomas I see...

It also sucks to do that when teams only need two corners. Stupid Monti!

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Totally agree. We had 4 picks in round 3 of a deep draft and whiffed on most for all intents and purposes. Almost all seemed like reaches and nowhere near the top of any expert draft boards.
Not even looking forward to our next pick.
This was a deep draft for the first two rounds, not in round 3 and later. In fact, most people say that it is a poor draft after the 2nd round.

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score
Spent too much time at the "senior bowl".

Newsflash Monti -

If a player is really good, they don't make it to their senior year.

We literally had 5 day two picks and outside of maybe Melton, used every one of them on a day 3 prospect.
Benton was a 3rd day prospect???

I'm not a GM and would have gone with the more consensus prospect, but Melton, Adams, Reiman and Jones have all been talked up by different sources as overlooked talent. Some rate Melton as the 4th best CB. Chris Sims had that and he is the one expert that aligned the most to teams' draftboard indicating that teams were much higher on Melton that the draft sites.

Maybe Monti failed, maybe Monti saw something in these guys and didn't want to risk that they got away.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I am sure you won't listen because I wouldn't last night but I wish in retrospect I would have taken a couple deep breathes
I'm not angry. I followed the rules. When someone is trying to shout me down(censorship) for following the rules in the specific "uncensored " thread...I'm gonna stand up for myself.

Those who find early reveals offensive should stay in the specific " no spoilers" thread. The rules of which I never violated.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well to be fair, Keim's picks were often praised by draft experts and we saw how those turned out.

Maybe we shouldn't be listening to the "experts"

I wasn’t praising his drafts continually taking often injured guys and small schoolers.

I’m just happy we didn’t blow the Harrison pick. That’s all that really mattered to me. I hope all these picks that look like reaches end up great pulls.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not angry. I followed the rules. When someone is trying to shout me down(censorship) for following the rules in the specific "uncensored " thread...I'm gonna stand up for myself.

Those who find early reveals offensive should stay in the specific " no spoilers" thread. The rules of which I never violated.

Eh thats fair. I understand

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison