2024 1st round pick #27 is Darius Robinson Edge

Card4Life

Rookie
Reaction score
He does nothing special at all. He’s not fast, not really strong, no real great pass rush moves.

He’s basic at best IMO.
Booger McFarland mentioned that he has the strongest hands he's ever seen. Said that is why at his size he can overpower much larger lineman. He's only going to get stronger with that frame...

Cardinal

All Star
Reaction score
Robinson has as much interior pass rush potential as Newton...maybe more. Hes 10 pounds lighter than Newton....but way more athletic.

Hes going to play in the NFL at between 280-300lbs.
This bolded part just isn't true at all. Watch the tape. Newton is a true DT type but is very quick in tight spaces. Robinson is more of DE, but his height actually makes look even less athletic and uncoordinated. We are listing Robinson at DT but I sure hope that's not the case. We should've just drafted Newton if we wanted a DT.

There's a chance Newton will be there at the next pick but we do need a CB.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Booger McFarland mentioned that he has the strongest hands he's ever seen. Said that is why at his size he can overpower much larger lineman. He's only going to get stronger with that frame...
Then we got two marvs today

You must be registered for see images attach

Cards Crazy

Veteran
Reaction score
We need the help at DE and DT. I believe Robinson will fill one of those needs. He's 290lb with a motor and has a huge frame if he ends up at DT and can easily handle more weight.
Think of a Calais Campbell Darnell Dockett type player forty times are really over rated IMHO

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Robinson was a dominant player at the Senior Bowl practices which is more important than the game.
More important than the games he played at Mizzou also.

I wonder if Monti is still recycling the scouting department and will focus on Senior Bowl Standouts for another year.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He does nothing special at all. He’s not fast, not really strong, no real great pass rush moves.

He’s basic at best IMO.

I want to amend with "in the first round with the defensive talent on the board" but basically yes

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score
I think a lot of you are forgetting Gannon's system. Eagles played with a rush DT at DE opposite Reddick that slides inside on passing downs. This guy is perfect for that role.

I would have gone CB, but obviously that is why I'm not a GM. Two of the top CBs are still available

Cards Crazy

Veteran
Reaction score
Robinson was a dominant player at the Senior Bowl practices which is more important than the game.
I remember another player that was really good in the All Star Games Darnell Dockett turned out to be pretty good Granted he was a 3rd round pick though hell Even Calais Campbell was a 2nd round pick I seem to recall

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I think he’s a good player. I just hesitate in saying he’s a very good to great player. And that’s what I was hoping for with this pick. Guess we’ll see.
We were very close to a Garrett Wilson/Sauce Gardner moment and got Johnson/Suggs instead.

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score
After the three edges were gone I shifted to corner (Wiggins specifically). Didn’t think D-Rob was realistic until 35.
I was thinking the same, but we were obviously wrong. Two of the 5 CBs still available.

Brak

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
In
draft stuff was calling Robinson an edge guy

now the Cards are calling him a DT
NFLN radio guys did pretty good coverage of his college career when he was selected. Apparently started outside but was moved inside when someone got hurt, basically can play either with good technique and success at both spots. That wouldn't be a bad thing if it pans out at the next level. Also interviewed him after the pick and I was mega-impressed with how he carried himself, how he responded to their questions, and how eager he was to get to work. They pointed out how his stock rose dramatically after the Senior Bowl, so they asked him what his goals were going into that game. The first was he wanted to show better than what his tape showed, which apparently he succeeded at doing. Don't remember the other 2 questions but they were good ones and he answered well, not just with generic platitudes. Kid didn't even play football till his junior year of HS and winds up being a first round pick? That's pretty impressive. Hosts seemed to think it was a pretty great pick. Time will tell.