2024 1st round pick #4 is Marvin Harrison Jr

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
On the local radio show this morning, they had several beat writers who have been covering the Buckeyes for years and the dominant theme was Marvin is the hardest worker they have ever seen at OSU.
This right here. These are the types of guys we need to target.

Brak

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Howard Balzer has been in town since 2020 covering the Cards? Who knew? Dude has been doing it for 50 years. Now he looks like Jerry Garcia in his late years, I love it. Quality reporter, a true pro.

OP
OP
BullheadCardFan

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
MHJ now needs to learn how to use both feet on the sideline throws, endzone corners and all other catches

Big difference getting both feet in and getting both tips of the cleats to touch on the reach over catch on the line

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Honestly I’m very meh.

WR is the most overrated position in football you don’t need an elite one to win at all. It’s a completely dependent position. The trade back offers must have been horrible.

That being said he is a blue chip player
I knew there'd be at least one

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I knew there'd be at least one

What did I just say?

I said he was a blue chip prospect, right?

Do you need a star WR to win a championship? Do me a favor. Look up how many rings Fitz, Megatron, Julio, Andre Johnson, Moss and TO got. The absolute cream of the crop of the last 20 years at WR and how many rings between them?

Are they nice to have? Sure.

Sorry for having a realistic take. Keep putting in a cape for a team that’s had what 6 winning seasons in like 35 years in Arizona lol. Let me know how it works out

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What did I just say?

Do you need a star WR to win a championship? Do me a favor. Look up how many rings Fitz, Megatron, Julio, Andre Johnson, Moss and TO got. The absolute cream of the crop of the last 20 years at WR and how many rings between them?

Sorry for having a realistic take. Keep putting in a cape for a team that’s had what 6 winning seasons in like 35 years in Arizona lol. Let me know how it works out
Go ahead, double down on it bro. It's cool. To each their own.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What did I just say?

You might not need a “star WR”, but you at least need a star receiving option & yes that includes TEs.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
What did I just say?

2023 Kelce, 2022 Kelce, 2021 Kupp, 2020 Evans, 2019 Kelce & Hill, 2018 none for NE, 2017 none for Philly, 2016 Edelman, 2015 Thomas & Sanders and 2014 Gronk.

What this list shows is that you largely do not have to have an ATG receiver, but you typically need at least one of the better receivers in the league to win SBs. 8 of the last 10 Super Bowl winning teams had a top tier pass catcher of that season.

Having an all time great receiver for the long term simply means that you will generally have that guy who is among the best in the league every year. Then it's a matter of getting everything else to line up.

Of course there are also ATG receivers that have won SBs such as Rice, Harrison, Wayne, Bruce, Holt, Boldin. Moss may not have a SB, but he transformed that NE offense when he was there and was a huge part of them being one win away from an undefeated SB season. Winning a SB is hard and you can make a long list of ATG players at virtually any position that didn't win SBs..

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
I don’t understand the connection between the winners of Super Bowls and the Cardinals. They need better players, they need WRs, why not draft the best one in the draft?
Exactly.

Everyone wants to base things on if they won a SB.
Lots of guys who didn’t see the field won Super Bowls.

If the Cardinals win a Super Bowl, Marvin will be a big part of it.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Honestly I’m very meh.

WR is the most overrated position in football you don’t need an elite one to win at all. It’s a completely dependent position. The trade back offers must have been horrible.

That being said he is a blue chip player

Yeah, well, the elite ones are now in the $30m per annum range.

Wonder what teams 'think' they know about the value of the position?

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
Howard Balzer has been in town since 2020 covering the Cards? Who knew? Dude has been doing it for 50 years. Now he looks like Jerry Garcia in his late years, I love it. Quality reporter, a true pro.
Used to love him when he was a St.Louis radio guy covering the Rams. One of the best imo.

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score
What did I just say?

I mean our WR cupboard is pretty bare. It’s nice to have at least one good one. He was the best player in the draft and a position of need based on our roster. How would you preferred we handle that?

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison