Vogel Fired

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd be okay with Bud, liked him slightly more than Vogel when we were hiring last time. Still, I can't see that it will matter much if we're still riding with our Big Three. I don't care how tough the HC is, no one is turning this pillow soft team into a physical juggernaut. We are prey in a league filled with predators.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Why? she's another pop guy, uh gal. And deeply respected league wide.
I think there’s inherent risk with…

A) being the first club to hire a female head coach

B) placing a first time female head coach with kd and book feels like a setting her up for failure

C) I’m skeptical that spoiled male athletes are going to be respectful of a female head coach

From a pure coaching perspective I think she’s likely a homerun. Pop lineage. Win summer league. Two wnba championships.

But - as much as it still sucks - I am skeptical the nba is ready. I’d love to be proven wrong.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
I wonder if anyone else with a coaching vacancy this offseason will have an interest in Vogel? I mean obviously no one who plans on being competitive next season. But teams like Toronto, Washington, Atlanta, or Brooklyn with no chance who just need a warm body to fill their (potential) coaching vacancies? It will be interesting to see.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gambo is saying this isn't the only change coming.
EIGHT figures per year?? What?

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
So at least 10 million per year. My guess when the numbers come out he will be one of the top 5 paid coaches in the league.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alaskabustergreen